Akrapovič Information Thread and Gallery for 2006+ 997 Porsche Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 03:25 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Akrapovič Information Thread and Gallery for 2006+ 997 Porsche Turbo

AKRAPOVIČ EXHAUST SYSTEMS

Akrapovič, the benchmark in the exhaust manufacturing industry. The brand is synonymous with the highest level of design, performance enhancement and the creation of an unmistakable deeply resonant exhaust sound. Akrapovič products are designed and manufactured for performance vehicles by a passionate and highly-skilled workforce of over 800 employees using the latest technology, processes and finest materials. The Racing R&D department works with dozens of racing teams with over 90 world championships.

Akrapovič Slip-On System for 2006-2009 Porsche 997 Turbo
The Slip-On system for the Turbo is made of our proprietary titanium and comprises a center muffler and a set of unique tailpipes. Two turbo chargers and two air intercoolers considerably increase the weight of the 997 Turbo engine in comparison to the atmospheric model. The lighter performance exhaust system unburdens the rear end and centralizes the weight in a more balanced manner. The Slip-On exhaust system dramatically changes the power-to-weight ratio with weight savings and big gains in power and torque. The turbines of the Turbo strongly absorb the sound of the engine, but we were able to compensate for this. We were able to give the otherwise quiet Turbo a sonorous sound impression.

Please choose between 2 available mandatory Link-pipe Sets (with or without catalytic converter). Slip-on is only mountable with a Link-pipe Set.

Technical Data and Information For Slip-On System

Akrapovič Link Pipe With 100cpsi Cat for 2006-2009 Porsche 997 Turbo
The link pipe set with a 100 cpsi high-flow metal catalytic converter is made of titanium.

Technical Data and Information for

Akrapovič Link Pipe Without Cat for 2006-2009 Porsche 997 Turbo
The link pipe set without a catalytic converter is made of titanium and requires reprogramming of the ECU. The set has been developed for hardcore enthusiasts for track usage.

Akrapovič Header Set for 2006-2009 Porsche 997 Turbo
Slip-On used with an optionally supplied titanium header set is a must for everyone who wants to get more enjoyment from their automobile. We achieved an reduction of weight by another 3 kg.

When installing Akrapovič aftermarket optional down pipes with sports catalytic converters or without catalytic converters, which are developed for use on closed tracks only, remapping the ECU is mandatory. When installing Akrapovič aftermarket exhaust system that was developed for use on closed tracks, we recommend remapping the ECU in order to prevent potential »check engine light« warning signals.

Technical Data and Information for

Akrapovič Slip-On System for 2010-2012 Porsche 997 Turbo
We begin with our very lightweight center muffler made of our proprietary titanium alloy. Replacing the stock center muffler alone reduces the weight at the back of the car. Each center muffler kit also includes beautifully handcrafted carbon fibre bumper inserts with integrated titanium exhaust tailpipes. Through careful design we were able to produce an exhaust system that has a deep and aggressive sound without being unpleasant or intrusive during normal driving conditions. The next option is to replace the stock link pipes with the optional available Akrapovič variant made from titanium and incorporating high-flow catalytic convertors. In order to increase the power beyond the limit of 500 hp, ECU reprogramming will be required.

When installing Akrapovič aftermarket optional down pipes with sports catalytic converters or without catalytic converters, which are developed for use on closed tracks only, remapping the ECU is mandatory. When installing Akrapovič aftermarket exhaust system that was developed for use on closed tracks, we recommend remapping the ECU in order to prevent potential »check engine light« warning signals.

Akrapovič Link Pipe Set with 100Cpsi Cats for 2010-2012 Porsche 997 Turbo
The first option is to replace the stock link pipes with the Akrapovič variant made from titanium and incorporating 100 cpsi high-flow catalysts. These link pipes, when coupled with our titanium center muffler, produce a total weight savings of 8 kg compared with the stock system.

The second option is to replace the stock link pipes with the Akrapovič variant made from titanium and incorporating 200 cpsi high-flow catalysts. These link pipes, when coupled with our titanium center muffler, produce a total weight savings of 8 kg compared with the stock system.

If you're interested in finding out more information or should you have any questions on this particular system, please do not hesitate to ask!
Old 01-11-2016, 03:25 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Akrapovič Exhaust | Porsche 997 Turbo |

Last edited by HRE_Jurrian; 01-19-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:36 PM
Steven954
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Have an Akrapovic on my Ducati, best exhausts for motorcycles, have used them on every bike I have purchased. As far far as putting it on my 997TT, I am bit iffy.. Love the stock feel to my turbo, will keep for a long time and if one day I want to sell will be much easier as more enthusiasts are in the market for stock cars. On top of it don't want to spend the thousands for the exhaust. How much is the slip on anyway? What do you guys think? Should I do the exhaust or keep it stock? As for anyone in the market for the exhaust I cant say enough great things about Akrapovic with my experiences.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:40 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 983 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven954
Have an Akrapovic on my Ducati, best exhausts for motorcycles, have used them on every bike I have purchased. As far far as putting it on my 997TT, I am bit iffy.. Love the stock feel to my turbo, will keep for a long time and if one day I want to sell will be much easier as more enthusiasts are in the market for stock cars. On top of it don't want to spend the thousands for the exhaust. How much is the slip on anyway? What do you guys think? Should I do the exhaust or keep it stock? As for anyone in the market for the exhaust I cant say enough great things about Akrapovic with my experiences.
PM on the way
Old 01-19-2016, 01:46 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Akrapovič Exhaust | Porsche 997 Turbo | Chiptuning Experience
Old 01-26-2016, 01:17 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Old 01-29-2016, 02:15 PM
jotaking
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

/\/\

Like these tail pipes. Do these fit gen1 turbo?
Old 01-29-2016, 04:15 PM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

With the way our $ is right now I'm not even going to ask!
Old 02-01-2016, 11:53 AM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jotaking
/\/\

Like these tail pipes. Do these fit gen1 turbo?
The oval tips were not designated for the early model 997 Turbo's, only this variation:

Old 02-02-2016, 08:43 AM
Jotaeme
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I intended to buy the akrapovic exhaust for my 997.1 turbo, seriously committed, nobody gave me an answer in Spain, so I went for Europipe instead.

I was more enthusiastic about weight reduction than in getting more noise out of my exhaust, but since nobody gave me an answer, I bought another brand.

Still, if I could get an answer I would consider installing this, since I'm going to keep this 997.1 turbo for it's the last manual gearbox turbo.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:48 AM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 983 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan M. de Mingo
Well I intended to buy the akrapovic exhaust for my 997.1 turbo, seriously committed, nobody gave me an answer in Spain, so I went for Europipe instead.

I was more enthusiastic about weight reduction than in getting more noise out of my exhaust, but since nobody gave me an answer, I bought another brand.

Still, if I could get an answer I would consider installing this, since I'm going to keep this 997.1 turbo for it's the last manual gearbox turbo.
I'll take care of you. PM on it's way.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:47 AM
mahenw14
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested in getting a price for my 2011 turbo s.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:49 AM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mahenw14
I'm interested in getting a price for my 2011 turbo s.
It looks like because you're a new member that you cannot send private messages yet, so if you would like me to help out, send me an email and I'll assist from there (Email in my signature below).
Old 02-04-2016, 01:50 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

If you're interested in knowing more about Akrapovič and what makes them so special as well as a little into their history, you should watch this video!

Old 02-04-2016, 10:29 PM
alpha motoring
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Which ECU tune do you recommend with the Akrapovic setup?

Quick Reply: Akrapovič Information Thread and Gallery for 2006+ 997 Porsche Turbo