Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Akrapovič Information Thread and Gallery for 2006+ 997 Porsche Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 05:04 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

You paid US$3500 for your Ducati exhaust? Blimey.

That's serious coin to improve on a sound that was already amazing IMO.

I would love to buy an exhaust for my 997.1 TT, but the cost for this brand is just too prohibitive for me. I'm not even going to ask the price but I know it'll be a sale of a kidney!
Old 01-10-2017, 02:31 PM
TurnOne
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 993MAN
You paid US$3500 for your Ducati exhaust? Blimey.

That's serious coin to improve on a sound that was already amazing IMO.

I would love to buy an exhaust for my 997.1 TT, but the cost for this brand is just too prohibitive for me. I'm not even going to ask the price but I know it'll be a sale of a kidney!
Unfortunately I did, but it was fantastic price. Most places would not discount at the time and maybe 100-200 off retail. The quality of the item is unmatched. Priced accordingly.

Don't want to derail the thread so last bike post for me, but the reason was two fold.

1. In order to pass tech for WERA racing the belly pan must hold fluid (forget the exact amount). Stock exhaust would not allow for any normal belly pan to be fitted. Stock exhaust on this bike is all up under, not like 99% of other bikes.
2. The 1199 Panigale had a huge dip in HP and Torgue from the factory. Likely to meet the weird noise requirements that 1/2 rpm of maximum power has to be below a certain db level. The dip bottoms out about 5200-5300 RPM. This makes the bike hard to ride if you go below that rpm. The power dropped then came on suddenly. The bike is more oversquare (bore/stoke) than even our 911tt's. Felt like a huge two stroke. Not a huge twin which I prefer. This exhaust combined with aftermarket tuning module and a little over 40 pulls on the dyno made more power everywhere and no significant dips. See dyno below. Notes: This dyno reads abot 5-10 hp lower than many I have seen. This is wheel HP on a bike that weighed 380 lbs with one gallon fuel on board. Name:  wallinitvsakratuned.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  81.4 KB

Quick Reply: Akrapovič Information Thread and Gallery for 2006+ 997 Porsche Turbo