Sponsored by:

Input needed on 07 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 09:15 AM
waizone
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Input needed on 07 Turbo

Although not 100% committed due to $ flow, been following available cars on the market. An 07 caught my eye with 15k miles, PCCB, sport chrono and some other nice options in Arctic silver. asking $80k which sounds fair for such low mile car with PCCB. Thoughts on price and Milage? Also, any issues to look out for other than over revs (it's a mt) and having a PPI done? Car looks completely stock, which is what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Last edited by waizone; 12-13-2015 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:36 AM
theporscheguy
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

997TT are great cars but I'm sure you already know that. I am sure that the facility performing the PPI knows how to check the overall health of the PCCB's. Also, has the facility performing the PPI provided you with a list of items they are checking. For instance the paint. Paint readings (DFT) should be measured. A car with a single owner is obviously preferable and makes driving habits/style/usage much easier to trace. Yes you are on the right track with over revs as well. If lots of over revs then start checking for signs of track use. Clear bra? Interior condition? Also remember that certain items on a PPI are subjective. Q = What is the overall condition of the paint? Are you asking a concourse judge or a guy performing 5 PPI's a day?

Regarding price you'll get lots of opinions however I don't thinks it's out of line given the mileage, maybe a little high given the year, with the proviso that maintenance has not been deferred. Also, how many owners? You have to be part detective when buying a used car. Arctic silver is a great color. Good luck a keep us posted.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:50 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 254 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by waizone
Although not 100% committed due to $ flow, been following available cars on the market. An 07 caught my eye with 15k miles, PCCB, sport chrono and some other nice options in Arctic silver. asking $80k which sounds fair for such low mile car with PCCB. Thoughts on price and Milage? Also, any issues to look out for other than over revs (it's a mt) and having a PPI done? Car looks completely stock, which is what I'm looking for. Thanks.
FWIW, in June 2009 I bought a 2003 996 Turbo (6-speed, same color) with just 10K miles and a CPO warranty for less than half the car's original MSRP of $119K.

Based on my (admittedly limited) experience that $80K is a might high unless I guess the car retailed for over double that when new. Even then I'd still argue and negotiate for a lower price. (I managed to get my car for around $4K less than the dealer's advertised price.)

Of course before you begin negotiations you must first ensure the car runs and drives with no issues. A thorough check out of the car is a must. This starts with a test ride then a test drive to confirm that on the road being used as you intend to use it the car doesn't manifest any issues.

Afterwards then a PPI is recommended to read the DME and check for over revs and to lift the car in the air in order to check for any leak sign or other issues, for instance, accident damage or accident damage repair.

On the surface, that is based on what info you provided, the car appears to be a nice example. I particularly like the PCCB's but of course not everyone favors these.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:57 AM
Dstutler
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by waizone
You may want to have the VIN # run through a check (search the forum there is a guy who can do it for you ). This way you can match the options on the car with what you actually see to confirm its original.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:29 PM
gotgolf52
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Given all the advices offered, not much to go on from there. A friend of mine paid $82k for a white 2008 TT with 13k miles and no PCCB. He has been in the market for almost a year before he bought the white TT. Prices are all over the place, but prime example command higher prices. He didn't mind pay for it knowing the car is solid, he just tired of looking at cheaper cars with too many unsolve issues. If it tick all your boxes, is a few grands worth it to you?
Old 12-13-2015, 01:03 PM
Steven954
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If it is the options you like/color/etc then yes a few grand is worth it. I paid 80k for my 07 997TT 6k miles Manual about 2 years ago from a private party(I never buy from dealer)... No pcbs, primary reason j bought it was color combo black/terrecota.. My point some people hate terrecota and others love it, it's whatever you really like, not others opinions.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:12 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

That's a good price on a pccb 15k car.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:41 PM
ags28
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last March, I bought a BEAUTIFUL 2007 Turbo. 12K miles, HRE 20" wheels, pccb, suspension, exhaust and all the other goodies for $79K and I love it. Worth every penny!
Old 12-13-2015, 07:48 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

A manual PCCB car for that price is very good provided clean ppi and no repainted metal.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:54 PM
acf
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

If that's the spec you like, I don't think you'll find anything for much cheaper. And I dont think you can compare the prices of an 03 turbo to this.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:54 PM
ags28
Rennlist Member

actually, mine is a TipS, but I like it just fine. Everything came back clean - Carfax, PPI. The previous owner even took off his shoes before driving it!
Old 12-13-2015, 08:11 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

I know, I looked up your post, great looking car ! Love the look of 20" wheels on our cars.
But manuals are rare(r) and therefore $80 is a good deal.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:33 PM
ags28
Rennlist Member

Actually, I need to post a few new pictures. I replaced the HRE 890Rs with OZ Ultralegerras (20")
Old 12-14-2015, 11:08 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 254 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by acf
If that's the spec you like, I don't think you'll find anything for much cheaper. And I dont think you can compare the prices of an 03 turbo to this.
I only posted the info about my 2003 to show how in 6 years even with low miles the car had depreciated by over 50% from its MSRP.

While the 997 Turbo is a nice car and has some features and what have you that make it in many ways a nicer car than the 996 Turbo, the 997 Turbo is just a car and subject to the same depreciation forces.

Unless 997 Turbos have enjoyed a real buoyancy in their value -- which I have *not* observed but I have not attempted to stay current on 997 Turbo prices -- I'd still suggest there is room for negotiation on the price.

'course, as always it is up to the buyer to decide what he is comfortable paying. If the car checks out and the OP is ok with the $80K price then so be it.
Old 12-14-2015, 12:06 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Macster
the 997 is just a car and subject to the same depreciation forces.
Tell that to GT3 and GT3 RS buyers.

BTW, you bought your car when everybody was selling and scared the world would end. And as said before, a 996 ain't no 997

Seriously though, the price is OK. Of course trying to pay less is always good and no harm in trying. I do not think anyone is saying otherwise.
But if price is firm and OP likes it, ppi is ok than he did good

Quick Reply: Input needed on 07 Turbo