Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

doesn't even have CCB... lol
Old 02-03-2016, 07:44 AM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to many years ago, I was considering adding a Ford GT to my collection. There were a number of dealers that were asking a premium for low mIle, high optioned versions. Some dealers were asking for even more...(like this dealer). I would argue with the car salesmen that they were crazy....and call them every name in the book. Well today, I kick myself for not pulling the trigger on a Ford GT when they were $180K used, because now they're way out of my reach!!! That said, what a car is worth, is not what "you're" willing to spend, but what someone else may be willing to write the check out for. Who knows where this blue 997.1 TT will land with respect to a selling price. The fact is, there's someone in the world that wants this car and the dealer is willing to sit in his Jon Boat all day waiting for the right fish to come along. With the 226 2009 Coupe M/Ts that were shipped to the US and the many other factors to consider, I pulled the trigger last month on a low mIle 09 7.1 TT. First, I did so because I absolutely LOVE the car, second because for once I'd like to be "that guy" that can sell the car in the years to come and pay for the next toy outright. I didn't pay $100K plus for my car, but I did pay mid 80s, which is no chump change. If this dealer or anyone else can break into the six figures, good for them... If it pushes the rest of the 997.1 TTs up in value, I'm good with that. If that doesn't happen, then I know I have a car I love. My advice is buy what you love, because life is short...and don't wait to pull the trigger like I did on the Ford GT. This blue 997.1 TT may sell close to what the dealer is asking as every fishermen lands the big one, sooner or later. But, for the savy, like most of you...there are better opportunities...I would suggest not waiting to long. Go in good health.. JB
Old 02-03-2016, 11:03 AM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone know the msrp?
Old 02-03-2016, 11:06 AM
zirrah
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nate2046
It's a beautiful car but there's no way it's worth that kind of coin when you consider what else is out there.
You're not taking into account the color. What else is out there is not that shade of blue and thus not comparable. Do I think the price is high, yeah probably. But if you're looking for a 997 TT in that color you don't exactly have a lot of options to choose from. That's why you can't compare the price to anything else on the market, it's apples to oranges at best.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:26 AM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zirrah
You're not taking into account the color. What else is out there is not that shade of blue and thus not comparable. Do I think the price is high, yeah probably. But if you're looking for a 997 TT in that color you don't exactly have a lot of options to choose from. That's why you can't compare the price to anything else on the market, it's apples to oranges at best.
BINGO, this car is worth what someone is "willing" to pay for it, because of this or that consideration e.g., rare color.
We're way past NADA values, or what your insurance company is going to shell out if there's a total loss.
I normally would never opt for Loan GAP insurance...but with my 997.1, you can bet your bottom dollar I did. There's a huge difference what my insurance company will pay me if there's a total loss and what I paid for the car, based on what "I belived" the car was "worth." JB
Old 02-03-2016, 01:57 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

If anyone needs a set of eyes on this car to verify physical condition I work right around the corner from Toy Barn and would be willing to do so for an interested buyer.

I'm not a dealer type of guy, I have access to buy cars wholesale if needed, all of my special cars have always come from private party sales...generally right here on Rennlist however, the only car I have ever purchased from a dealer was from Toy Barn and they treated me well.

For the most part their cars are priced competitively in the retail market. They have two really low mileage 997.1's currently that aren't too far away from the price they should change hands at, and a 991 turbo for reasonable money now.

This blue car seems to be the exception, but I'm guessing it's only that way because they feel there is a market for the car at that price.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:08 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
This blue car seems to be the exception, but I'm guessing it's only that way because they feel there is a market for the car at that price.
I agree with them. PCCB and it woud have sold already imo.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:37 PM
993TurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 263 Likes on 116 Posts

Hard to know how people value colors. People who don't care about colors will say it is just paint and costs the same no matter what the color, but we see in the market that is not the attitude of the marginal buyer. As zirrah said, it only takes one buyer who really wants this color and has no other alternatives. If that buyer wants to pay a 20% premium for the color, the trade works. That buyer may not give a crap about PCCBs etc. Different strokes for different folks.

In my opinion there is no explaining preferences. Some people think Porsche buyers are idiots because they pay a premium to get a car that performs worse than less expensive cars (Corvettes, anyone?). I don't see how you say a guy is a sucker if he is willing to pay $20k for an original paint job. It is like paying a 1000% premium to get an original 356 speedster when you could probably create a better replica.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:21 PM
Nate2046
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 90 Posts

I'm trying to be rational and talk myself out of this based on the $ premium and you guys are not being entirely helpful
If I did buy it, I'd have to put it into storage until I move back to the U.S. Please tell me that would be incredibly stupid and I'll be able to find something comparable 1-2 years from now? Please?
Old 02-03-2016, 03:23 PM
zirrah
Drifting

I'm trying to be rational and talk myself out of this based on the $ premium and you guys are not being entirely helpful
If I did buy it, I'd have to put it into storage until I move back to the U.S. Please tell me that would be incredibly stupid and I'll be able to find something comparable 1-2 years from now? Please?
PTS cars don't show up that often. IMO you have to snap up what shows up when it shows up, assuming the car in question checks out.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:51 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

It's a beautiful car but there's no way it's worth that kind of coin when you consider what else is out there.
Your first post says it all. You compare it to 'what else is out there'. If you want to do that, which is fine btw, the car is not for you.

Have you seen what a 964 turbo 3.6 buyer can get for his money ?
Those buyers can get a couple of brand new Porsche's and still have spending money left. Is that car that good ? We all know it isn't. They are rare like this blue aero 997 is rare too.

Looking further than today, I think that as long as you are paying less than original MSRP, you are doing good for a car like this.
Some years from now and you might not get it under MSRP anymore.

Just as a side note, the listing of this car made it to the German Porsche forum as well. First time a US 997 turbo gets picked up by the Germans. In EU land cars like that are simply non existent. I believe it won't be too long before low mile top 997/1 turbo manuals will be going overseas too.

All that being said, in today's market this car is overpriced but not by $20.
Like some have said, it takes only 1 buyer !
Old 02-03-2016, 03:56 PM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

Put it this way, if this car were Carmon Red, I'd already own it!
Old 02-03-2016, 03:59 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tmistry
Put it this way, if this car were Carmon Red, I'd already own it!
I thought of you when I saw the direction this discussion was going. All it takes is one.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:29 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 574 Likes on 363 Posts

I talked to the dealer a while back. They have some but not all of the maintenance records and some but not all of the original parts that have been replaced by aftermarket. If they had all the records and the car was stock I would probably be a buyer for high $80's-low 90's. Without all the maintenance records that price drops significantly for me.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:41 PM
alpha motoring
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

It's a nice car, PTS cars have a separate group of buyers willing to pay that extra $$$

It'll probably sell to someone who wants a PTS 997.1TT not just a 997.1TT but a PTS car.

Quick Reply: Riviera Blue 997TT