Sponsored by:

Riviera Blue 997TT

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 03:04 PM
Ellale01
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambler_13
^ Yup, i noticed that as well, the price jump from $120 to $125k. Must be the method of making it appear more rare and desirable. Although looking back, I think $105k for this car was a pretty good price and back then, even that was being scoffed at as too high. I'm surprised there are no over revs, if true, as I thought the Cobb tune would have increased the limiter, resulting in more ignitions over redline.

I'm pretty sure it's the same car as they note in the ad that it was originally purchased by ECS.
Originally Posted by Skwerl
Don't get too wound up about overrevs on that one, it's a PDK so it's highly unlikely it has anything besides some ranges 1 and 2.

I'd love for a dealer to explain that pricing strategy some time, I've seen it several times before - a car sits for months at one (too-high) price, so they bump the price up out of nowhere?
Yes, not concerned by overrevs on the PDK here http://www.towbinmotorcars.com/detai...-17144276.html
Was in reference to the MT at GRAutogallery.

Anyone any thoughts on the price / premium being asked for the PDK TTS above? Market research would suggest the 2011 should be at 50% depreciation, so with low miles and a $193k MSRP im thinking 100k is fair given its not CPO. Anything above that is just premium on the color in my view. Also, i know the tires are original and therefore 7 years old. So prob need replacing to drive safely.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:16 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 435 Posts

If you really, really, really want this car, just go in with this thread printed out. Show the crazy fluctuations on price for the same damn car, tell them they're crazy, but you're there, ready to buy. You're not some guy on the phone calling from across the US, you're there, in person, you test drove the car, you checked it out and you'll give them $104k on the spot. And that's it.

Then, if they say no, talk to the GM of the dealership, talk to anyone in charge that will listen, explain that you're serious, you have money, real money, and you LOVE THIS CAR AND THIS BEAUTIFUL DEALERSHIP and you want to take it off their hands. Bargain only with them. Get the car, love it, keep it clean, post lots of pics and ride off into the sunset. Everything else is simply BS on both sides. Just saying.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:30 PM
John Belk
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
If you really, really, really want this car, just go in with this thread printed out. Show the crazy fluctuations on price for the same damn car, tell them they're crazy, but you're there, ready to buy. You're not some guy on the phone calling from across the US, you're there, in person, you test drove the car, you checked it out and you'll give them $104k on the spot. And that's it.

Then, if they say no, talk to the GM of the dealership, talk to anyone in charge that will listen, explain that you're serious, you have money, real money, and you LOVE THIS CAR AND THIS BEAUTIFUL DEALERSHIP and you want to take it off their hands. Bargain only with them. Get the car, love it, keep it clean, post lots of pics and ride off into the sunset. Everything else is simply BS on both sides. Just saying.
^+1
Old 01-13-2018, 09:12 AM
MK_TT
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

They have had the car there for over a year, I'm not sure if the car is actually at their location or not, as they do a ton of consignments, hence the possible delay in getting basic info etc....

Originally Posted by Ellale01
I wondered if that was the same one at GR Autogallery.

That car was on ebay for several months now. It has been listed with a buy it now price of $119k (and didnt sell), and they just bumped it $5k. Of course, if you cant sell at a price, then increase it. Go figure. Also, i spoke to GR Autogallery and requested a) Carfax and b) overrev report and c) pics of the original rims which they say they have. I was told by a gentleman named Corey that they had the info, and there were 'no issues' with any of the over rev / carfax reports. Since then i have never recieved the info from them. I must have tried calling 10 times and never get a response. Strange.

I googled the reviews of GR Auto gallery and funnily enough a number of people commented similar experiences when asking for 'standard' information. Anyhow, if they cant be bothered to respond to a geniune buyer on a $120k car, then that probably tells you all you need to know.

By contrast, the Bentley Dealer selling the blue TTS i posted above has been very responsive to me.

Quick Reply: Riviera Blue 997TT