997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard to depress clutch on start.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015 | 01:10 AM
elite1
Racer

Ceremony and 4ocious, You know what the future holds. GT2 convo is probably in it. You have bought some time this with your warranty.

If the dealer really replace all lines, your good. If not, pentosin is very acidic and your issue will most likely be isolated for a small amount of time until the next seal fails.

I don't mean to put fear into our setup but, this is a known issue with the 997 setup. There are a few other also but, lets stay on topic.
Old 05-29-2015 | 07:38 AM
Retinasurgeon
Advanced

Elite1,

I think you are right, I plan on doing some DE events through my PCA, and would rather have a more reliable clutch. They did replace all the seals and the lines with the accumulator / slave replacement. Any recommendations for which GT2 clutch replacement kit to use? It seems like there are various options out there. I think once my warranty expires, and if I have this problem again, I might bite the bullet and go GT2.

Originally Posted by elite1
Ceremony and 4ocious, You know what the future holds. GT2 convo is probably in it. You have bought some time this with your warranty.

If the dealer really replace all lines, your good. If not, pentosin is very acidic and your issue will most likely be isolated for a small amount of time until the next seal fails.

I don't mean to put fear into our setup but, this is a known issue with the 997 setup. There are a few other also but, lets stay on topic.
Old 05-29-2015 | 08:06 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Anybody diy this?

Any harder or easier than 993tt?

Tips?

Thanks
Old 05-29-2015 | 03:41 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Anybody diy this?

Any harder or easier than 993tt?

Tips?

Thanks
Might be able to use this tech article as a reference. It is a pretty easy DIY. Make sure you properly discharge it and don't get any of the fluid on the CV boots or rubber hoses.

-Luccia
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 05-30-2015 | 03:08 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Quad it's harder due to the location. 993TT sits on the drivers side bell housing. The 997TT sits at 11 o'clock. You are fighting the starter, with the slave mounted higher in the tunnel with less access.
Old 05-30-2015 | 04:45 PM
TrackJunke
Rennlist Member

Just completed DIY today. Hardest part was finding the right size wrench. You can either grind one down or amazon sells a thin 27 mm wrench (although they sent me the wrong size) that works fine. The hardest part for me was getting leverage as it was on VERY VERY tight. Small breaker bar and just the right angle and it came off. No need to bleed the system as some DIY says. Just check fluid levels after pumping clutch.
Old 05-30-2015 | 05:00 PM
Rogor
Instructor

http://www.renntrack.com/forums/show...ulator-W-Pics&

Quick Reply: Hard to depress clutch on start.