Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you have clear bra on the whole front end of your Turbo?
Yes
69.57%
No
30.43%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

To clear bra or not to clear bra, that is the question

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 02:06 AM
ET1KTRD
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You won't regret doing it. Find a reputable shop, use Suntek or Xpel, and take care of the bra just like the paint. It will last at least 10 years. I would buy the "clear seal" clear bra detailing spray from chemical guys online (no affiliation). It has UV protection and will keep the bra from yellowing.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:33 PM
Twosherpaz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It amazes me that so many people think this is critical. Dealers and third party vendors I understand as its a nice profit center; however, how all those people who must paint sample to death a car and get just the right color now think slapping thick plastic all over it looks good is beyond me.

I hate the edges! I hate that they completely dismantle the car to make the edges better. I hate a scratch on plastic that then smudges.

How did all those dumb people buying cars the first hundred years live without Saran Wrap on their cars?
Old 04-18-2016, 03:20 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Twosherpaz
It amazes me that so many people think this is critical. Dealers and third party vendors I understand as its a nice profit center; however, how all those people who must paint sample to death a car and get just the right color now think slapping thick plastic all over it looks good is beyond me.

I hate the edges! I hate that they completely dismantle the car to make the edges better. I hate a scratch on plastic that then smudges.

How did all those dumb people buying cars the first hundred years live without Saran Wrap on their cars?
I have a PTS turbo. I am not the original owner. If frustrates me to look at the hood and bumper and the original owner did not put a clear bra on it.
There is one to many rock chips. What is a few thousand bucks to preserve the car.

I will not repaint the car, but I will not allow any additional chips to happen.
Car looks good even with the rock chips.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:40 PM
A418t81
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 106 Posts

I have it on the front end and half way up the hood on mine. Had the original yellowed 3M stuff replaced with Xpel and you literally cannot tell from most angles it's on there. My car is almost 10 years old and the paint on the front end is basically flawless. Plastic is easy to repaint, but you get a nasty chip on the hood or fenders and then you are getting into paint work that devalues the car.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:58 PM
alpha motoring
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I have my entire 997TT clear bra'ed from front to back, well worth it.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:10 PM
Dstutler
Pro

I have my front to the doors done including A pillar and behind the rear wheel wells. I didn't have it done on my other Pcars and regretted it every time I looked at the Rock chips.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:45 PM
Berra
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

What about ceramic pro?
Old 04-19-2016, 08:28 PM
AZ996TT
Advanced

I had the complete front end done. Protective Film Solutions. Xpel Ultimate. They removed the yellowed 3M. Very happy with results. Would recommend it when compared to what my 996TT looked like after a few years.

Quick Reply: To clear bra or not to clear bra, that is the question