Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 tt manual transmission

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Doc V.
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Total US Porsche sales (by model for the 997.1 Turbo, incidentally) can be calculated by reviewing Porsche's sales reports which were made available as press releases.

http://press.porsche.com/news/index.php?year=archived
Old 12-07-2014, 01:26 PM
1010THs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 09 MT in GT silver and have been searching for production #s. Thank you.

Ben
Old 12-07-2014, 03:08 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ocious
I'm looking at a well-equipped 09 TT 6MT this morning and will buy it if it checks-out (PPI). I've researched 997.1 prices a lot lately on Cars.com, eBay, Auto Trader, CarMax, and other sites. 09 Tips start at $65K with 35-50K miles and 6MT's start at $80K with some asking $90K+; at least that's the current market. Most cars are nicely equipped (gingerbread) convertibles with Tips whereas 6MT's are more difficult to find and command higher prices. Of course there are odd-ball prices outside the bell curve but what I've quoted appears to be the norm.

08's are also holding their own in the $75-80K range and 07's are doing well in the $65-75K range.

Although not "collectible" but highly desirable in the future (IMO +/- 10 years) the 07-09's TT's are the next 930 turbo and 95-97 993 turbo (last of the air cooled) both of which appear to be appreciating nicely. JMO
WOW, what a disappointment, car need a complete re-paint due to rock chips all over, two drivers side rims have serious rim rash, seat bolsters are heavily worn, interior trim pieces were scratched and gouged, front lip spoiler and rear stone guards require replacement, front trunk missing carpets (?), no manuals, engine bay was dirty, rocker panels show signs of excessive wear, etc., etc. IMO this car with only 2 owners and 34.7K miles has been seriously abused/neglected and shows no sign of pride of ownership. I know these are cosmetic but all my red flags went up. I didn't even drive it, I just wasn't interested.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:11 PM
550bryan
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Where did you find these sales figures? I've been searching for this type of information with no luck.

When I was searching for my 997.1 TT cabriolet I did come across a press release from Porsche that said that only 300 cabriolets were sold in the US as 2008 models and none were sold as 2007 models. Add those to the number you quoted and that means that only 851 997.1 TT cabriolets were sold in the US in total. No wonder it was difficult to fine one with a 6MT, PCCBs and in a color other than silver, gray or black!
Here's the best info I have found, you'll see they are press releases from PCNA listing the last years sales with comparison figures to the previous years sales, so the YE 09 release list sales for CY09 and 08. The YE 08 press release shows CY08 and 07, so both releases combined pretty much show shows the totals for 997.1 cars. Keep in mind this is CY sales not model year sales so if 07 997.1's were sold in late 06 they wouldn't show. Also if there were 09's sold on late 08 they would be part of the CY08 total. It not the best data but it all I can find. There has to be someone who has a contact inside PCNA that could provide a complete picture with a breakdown by MY, cab/couple and tip/manual. This should be readily available to insiders.
Based on the press release here are the totals;
.......... cpe......... cab........... total
07..... 2773......... 736 ........ 3509
08..... 668 ........ 1473......... 2141
09..... 321 ......... 551.......... 872

http://press.porsche.com/news/release.php?id=514

http://press.porsche.com/news/release.php?id=458
Old 12-07-2014, 09:19 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,562 Likes on 977 Posts

Interesting. Thanks for posting that.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:41 PM
Doc V.
Racer

Porsche's fiscal year sales reports tally portions of the outgoing model year and portions of the current model year; the tally does not represent the total number of sales for a particular model year.

For example, the 2008 US 997.1 Turbo Cabriolet went on sale in September 2007, beginning its production cycle for the 2008 model year. The 2007 997.1 Turbo was available in Europe in June 2006 and in the US by September 2006. Sales of each car continued into the following calendar year.

https://www.stuttcars.com/porsche-models/911/997/
Old 12-08-2014, 02:29 AM
550bryan
Pro

Originally Posted by Doc V.
Porsche's fiscal year sales reports tally portions of the outgoing model year and portions of the current model year; the tally does not represent the total number of sales for a particular model year.

For example, the 2008 US 997.1 Turbo Cabriolet went on sale in September 2007, beginning its production cycle for the 2008 model year. The 2007 997.1 Turbo was available in Europe in June 2006 and in the US by September 2006. Sales of each car continued into the following calendar year.

https://www.stuttcars.com/porsche-models/911/997/
As I said in my post these numbers are for the calendar year as that's the way PCNA reports them. I'm not sure whether their fiscal year is on a calendar year basis, but it doesn't really matter. I also pointed out that model years spanned more that one calendar year. If you know a source for model year sales it would certain help fill in the details.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:50 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

My '09 TT coupe is my keeper. MT, PCCB, Ltd. Slip, Adaptive Sport Seats, short shifter, thicker steering wheel, Basalt Black. Was pretty much perfectly configured when I bought her new. Guess I have a somewhat rare bird. Got a 5 year Fidelity warranty when the OEM warranty expired. Plan to keep this one forever.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:03 AM
MY997
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 550bryan
Don't laugh, if you car is well equipped and in good condition that price isn't out of the ballpark. 09's with manual will hit the bottom of the price curve before other 997.1's I suspect.....
I know...I was just having some fun but I want to drive and experience my 09TT 6MT Yeah I would love to own it for 3-5 years and make money on it when and if I sold it but I am not going to park it just to keep the miles down. I did not buy it as a financial investment...I bought it as an investment in FUN!!!
Old 12-08-2014, 10:58 AM
Doc V.
Racer

Originally Posted by 550bryan
As I said in my post these numbers are for the calendar year as that's the way PCNA reports them. I'm not sure whether their fiscal year is on a calendar year basis, but it doesn't really matter. I also pointed out that model years spanned more that one calendar year. If you know a source for model year sales it would certain help fill in the details.
Porsche Cars North America did more than simply report 997 sales for a calendar year. In fact, PCNA reported monthly sales for the 997-series cars. Those monthly sales figures can be found in press releases provided by PCNA. I provided a link to those archived reports in post 16 of this thread. A calculation of production year sales of 997-series cars can be generated by identifying the start and the end of a model's production year and by reviewing monthly sales figures.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:14 AM
MY997
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jcnesq
My '09 TT coupe is my keeper. MT, PCCB, Ltd. Slip, Adaptive Sport Seats, short shifter, thicker steering wheel, Basalt Black. Was pretty much perfectly configured when I bought her new. Guess I have a somewhat rare bird. Got a 5 year Fidelity warranty when the OEM warranty expired. Plan to keep this one forever.
I hear you ...I did not order mine new but if I would have...I pretty much would have ordered it the way it is! Oh and when my 2yr CPO runs out I will most likely get an extended warranty...is Fidelity the way to go???

Last edited by MY997; 12-09-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:42 AM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 889 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by 911andchips
So i am looking for 2007 - 2009 997 TT.
I currently have a 997.2 with MT.
I see that most TT are with automatics and for the years I am looking at tiptronics.
I really am a MT person, but is there a reason why most TT are automatics?
Is the HP of the TT such that a MT is either a reliability problem or is there some other reason?
There are many reasons why people order tip vs 6 speed, but reliability issues is unlikely to be one.
Keep searching for a 6 speed.
I like mine.

good luck
Old 12-08-2014, 11:44 AM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 889 Likes on 585 Posts

Fidelity?
In California?
Interesting.

I was told that most insurers would not offer extended maintenance warranty in CA, (too many attorneys??).
I'll check into them since my Avant is about to go off warranty.

Thanks
Old 12-08-2014, 11:39 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 284 Posts

That is a keeper for sure!! Great options... W or w/o SC?
Old 12-09-2014, 12:31 AM
550bryan
Pro

Originally Posted by Doc V.
Porsche Cars North America did more than simply report 997 sales for a calendar year. In fact, PCNA reported monthly sales for the 997-series cars. Those monthly sales figures can be found in press releases provided by PCNA. I provided a link to those archived reports in post 16 of this thread. A calculation of production year sales of 997-series cars can be generated by identifying the start and the end of a model's production year and by reviewing monthly sales figures.
Doc, I spent my career working for a car manufacturer so I realize how sales reporting works. I only posted the YE results as they were a summary of the CY and were available. The December report, as you know, reports the month and YTD results. The link we both provided allows you to search for each months report You're generally right about your comments, but it's difficult to reconstruct model year sales by using monthly results. A new model may go on sale is Sept, but availability is often limited and sales are a mix of the past and future year models. It would be pure conjecture to assume Sept or Oct sales were the next years model, you just don't know. That's why I simply pointed out total sales by calendar year while making your point that toward the end of the calendar year sales can be a mix of two model years. The actual breakdown can only be determined by accessing the MY numbers from PCNA.

Quick Reply: 997 tt manual transmission