Sponsored by:

997 tt manual transmission

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014 | 02:31 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MY997
I hear you ...I did not order mine new but if I would have...I pretty much would have ordered it this way! Oh and when my 2yr CPO runs out I will most likely get an extended warranty...is Fidelity the way to go???
I was going to order a '10 GT3 in paint to sample Speedster Red (356 color I plan to paint my 356), but ultimately decided to go TT. After MUCH thinking, decided to stick with black, the color I have a love-hate relationship with. Dealer had two cars, Black didn't have Adaptive Sport Seats but had leather rear center console (which I kinda wanted so my kids could thrash it), Basalt had Adaptives but plain center console (and all red taillight lenses, and of course Sport Chrono Turbo, both had PCCB's). Went with Basalt and ended up loving it.

I have always heard good things about Fidelity around here (RL). Was actually shocked it only cost ~$2,800 for 5 years on the TT [bought just before OEM warranty expired, about 40-45% off list price] (3 years on my wife's '09 Cayenne S actually was more). [I had a very expensive weekend back in 2/09 when I bought those two cars with post-dated checks!] Both of those warranties have already paid for themselves.
Old 12-09-2014 | 09:30 AM
MY997
Racer

Originally Posted by jcnesq
I was going to order a '10 GT3 in paint to sample Speedster Red (356 color I plan to paint my 356), but ultimately decided to go TT. After MUCH thinking, decided to stick with black, the color I have a love-hate relationship with. Dealer had two cars, Black didn't have Adaptive Sport Seats but had leather rear center console (which I kinda wanted so my kids could thrash it), Basalt had Adaptives but plain center console (and all red taillight lenses, and of course Sport Chrono Turbo, both had PCCB's). Went with Basalt and ended up loving it.
I hear you on the color black as I owned a Black C4S (see below) before I decided to go TT. It was a beautiful car when cleaned and polished but showed every spec of dust. My TT (GT Silver Metallic) does not show dirt as much but I still clean it like it is black...LOL

Name:  DB_2.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  84.7 KB
Old 12-09-2014 | 09:32 AM
MY997
Racer

Originally Posted by jcnesq
I have always heard good things about Fidelity around here (RL). Was actually shocked it only cost ~$2,800 for 5 years on the TT [bought just before OEM warranty expired, about 40-45% off list price] (3 years on my wife's '09 Cayenne S actually was more). [I had a very expensive weekend back in 2/09 when I bought those two cars with post-dated checks!] Both of those warranties have already paid for themselves.
Thanks for the feedback as I have a 2yr CPO currently but what I have been told (???) is that before it ends I need to get another warranty in place. I still have a while to go but will be looking into this in 2016.
Old 12-09-2014 | 11:26 AM
Doc V.
Racer

Originally Posted by 550bryan
Doc, I spent my career working for a car manufacturer so I realize how sales reporting works. I only posted the YE results as they were a summary of the CY and were available. The December report, as you know, reports the month and YTD results. The link we both provided allows you to search for each months report You're generally right about your comments, but it's difficult to reconstruct model year sales by using monthly results. A new model may go on sale is Sept, but availability is often limited and sales are a mix of the past and future year models. It would be pure conjecture to assume Sept or Oct sales were the next years model, you just don't know. That's why I simply pointed out total sales by calendar year while making your point that toward the end of the calendar year sales can be a mix of two model years. The actual breakdown can only be determined by accessing the MY numbers from PCNA.
If the monthly sales reports are suspect, 550bryan, it would follow that the calendar year sales reports would be equally flawed insomuch as the calendar year sales reports reflect the results of monthly sales reports.

I take no exception to your suggestion that actual production numbers for North American 997 Turbos will trump PCNA sales figures ("The actual breakdown can only be determined by accessing the MY numbers from PCNA."). Until those production numbers are identified, however, sales reports for the US and the Canadian markets offer the closest approximation of actual production numbers for the North American market. The approximation is potentially altered based on our use of those reports.
Old 12-10-2014 | 01:13 PM
550bryan
Pro

Originally Posted by Doc V.
If the monthly sales reports are suspect, 550bryan, it would follow that the calendar year sales reports would be equally flawed insomuch as the calendar year sales reports reflect the results of monthly sales reports.

I take no exception to your suggestion that actual production numbers for North American 997 Turbos will trump PCNA sales figures ("The actual breakdown can only be determined by accessing the MY numbers from PCNA."). Until those production numbers are identified, however, sales reports for the US and the Canadian markets offer the closest approximation of actual production numbers for the North American market. The approximation is potentially altered based on our use of those reports.
Doc, Production numbers and sales numbers should be virtually the same, the only difference being cars produced for the US market that were never reported as sold to PCNA. This could be a car that the dealer decided to hang onto and is being stored or run a a dealer plate. It's not that the numbers are flawed, it's just that you can't tell in any given calendar year what the exact model year breakdown is. The whole subjuct has me interested so I'm trying to get a detailed breakdown for the 997 from PCNA. Wish me luck.
Old 12-10-2014 | 01:47 PM
MY997
Racer

The whole subjuct has me interested so I'm trying to get a detailed breakdown for the 997 from PCNA. Wish me luck.
Good luck...this would be very cool information to have!
Old 12-10-2014 | 03:48 PM
Doc V.
Racer

Doc, Production numbers and sales numbers should be virtually the same, the only difference being cars produced for the US market that were never reported as sold to PCNA. This could be a car that the dealer decided to hang onto and is being stored or run a a dealer plate. It's not that the numbers are flawed, it's just that you can't tell in any given calendar year what the exact model year breakdown is. The whole subjuct has me interested so I'm trying to get a detailed breakdown for the 997 from PCNA. Wish me luck.
I'm not convinced, bryan550, that a dealer would have kept a car for temporary use or retention without selling the car at some time in the future--in which case that car's sale would eventually be included with monthly, year-to-date, and year-end sales figures. And if (i) we regard those figures as suspect because they fail to differentiate sales by model year, and (ii) the goal is to identify sales numbers for model years, then the figures are flawed.

Speculations and semantics aside, at this point you and I appear to be making some of the same points in subtly different ways. While I hope that you are able to unearth PCNA's sales figures for 997 models, I'm interested in the actual VIN ranges for 997 model years. Those ranges should reveal the actual production numbers for each 997 model in all of Porsche's markets and indicate the ordinary or special nature of each 997 model by type and by year.

If each of us is successful, two sets of revealing numbers will be available.
Old 12-10-2014 | 06:00 PM
550bryan
Pro

Originally Posted by Doc V.
I'm not convinced, bryan550, that a dealer would have kept a car for temporary use or retention without selling the car at some time in the future--in which case that car's sale would eventually be included with monthly, year-to-date, and year-end sales figures. And if (i) we regard those figures as suspect because they fail to differentiate sales by model year, and (ii) the goal is to identify sales numbers for model years, then the figures are flawed.

Speculations and semantics aside, at this point you and I appear to be making some of the same points in subtly different ways. While I hope that you are able to unearth PCNA's sales figures for 997 models, I'm interested in the actual VIN ranges for 997 model years. Those ranges should reveal the actual production numbers for each 997 model in all of Porsche's markets and indicate the ordinary or special nature of each 997 model by type and by year.

If each of us is successful, two sets of revealing numbers will be available.
Doc, Getting this info may be a challenge, especially the vin ranges you're after. I suspect PCNA will be less willing to provide that data than much simpler aggregate sales numbers by model year. If you can come up with the data you's be everyones hero. Good luck!

Quick Reply: 997 tt manual transmission