997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOW IT'S MADE | Fabspeed Motorsport 997TT Supersport X-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015 | 12:45 PM
nuclearfishin
Burning Brakes

I definitely agree the tips can change the tone, however on my Fabspeed exhaust, the diameter is 2.75" compared to 2.5" oem. Even if the tips act as a splitter, I don't see it taking away hp, especially with the larger diameter pipe. The volume of air that can be pushed through a 2.75" pipe is significant compared to 2.5".

Edit: there's almost 22% more area from the .25" larger diameter.

Originally Posted by jem7v
There are a couple threads on 6speed about this I believe. I remember stumbling upon them on my exhaust research, also a few of the AM companies when I asked about buying them for my .2 actually told me don't do it. On the .2 cars the pipe goes out the middle. https://www.facebook.com/KlineInnova...type=3&theater

This picture on kline's facebook shows it well. The rear one is a .2, the front is a .1. Notice on the .1 it is off to the side, and on the .2 it's right in the middle. So when you put the dual tips on the .1, essentially air is going out only through one tip and the 2nd is for show.
They didn't change the design on the .2, so again you get the conjoining point of the tips right in the middle of the hole. So the air gets split in half right at the end. When I wanted to order them from one of the AM companies that sell they told me, it will effect my sound and hp because of the disruption in airflow. They said AWE put something up on 6speed showing a 20hp loss, to me that sounds a bit high. I'm sure the hp loss is minimal and not even felt, but the thing that worried me is how it would change the sound.

Techart realized this so they adjusted their tip design for the .2. The below is a .1 picture. And then this is on the .2 http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/997-tu...0s-wheels.html
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=136

Go to the bottom and look at their gallery for the .2 car and the .1 car. You will notice the techart tips are more or less uniform on the .1, but on the .2, one is huge and the other is very small(which personally I don't like that look). They did this because of the difference in exhaust between the .1 and .2 cars.

Take a look at this picture of the AWE quad tips. http://www.awe-tuning.com/quad-tips-...bo-and-turbo-s They give you a perfect angle of how the air flow is being blocked. I mean you can barely see inside the pipe with those tips on.

Last edited by nuclearfishin; 02-21-2015 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-21-2015 | 03:45 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I know the pitch changes, but I've never heard of a hp drop?
Because it doesn't.

Yet another amazing exhaust thread. Lol!
Old 02-21-2015 | 05:19 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Because it doesn't.

Yet another amazing exhaust thread. Lol!
Exactly! Yep, some of the crap this jema dude comes up with is truly beyond ridiculous!! I see she/he is back at it again over on the 997gt2/3 forum now, starts up a thread on a car for sale to get attention and then diverts to playing the expert on pushbikes..

Take a peek....what a cack! https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...is-gt2-fs.html
Old 02-21-2015 | 06:17 PM
therock88
Pro

Yeah...I put Quad tips on my turbo, and my 0-60 times went up by .5 seconds...Also got a CEL and after putting my OEM tips back on....Horsepower was back up...0-60 times improved, and the CEL went out....

Haha! Comical

DC
Old 02-21-2015 | 06:45 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Originally Posted by Evan@Fabspeed
If someones CEL goes off because of this system, it would have gone off regardless of what company they chose. You cannot get better cats than the ones that we use.
That sentence doesn't even make sense.

My fabspeed headers on the 991C2S threw a CEL. Just saying... The issue got resolved with the help of some spacers, but I'll never understand comments like these. We talked about that very minor hiccup a couple of threads ago.

It seems to me fabspeed has the great ability to create their own drama online.
Old 02-21-2015 | 06:53 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
That sentence doesn't even make sense.

My fabspeed headers on the 991C2S threw a CEL. Just saying... The issue got resolved with the help of some spacers, but I'll never understand comments like these. We talked about that very minor hiccup a couple of threads ago.

It seems to me fabspeed has the great ability to create their own drama online.
No ****.
Old 02-21-2015 | 07:21 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by speed21
Exactly! Yep, some of the crap this jema dude comes up with is truly beyond ridiculous!! I see she/he is back at it again over on the 997gt2/3 forum now, starts up a thread on a car for sale to get attention and then diverts to playing the expert on pushbikes..

Take a peek....what a cack! https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...is-gt2-fs.html
You are so dumb lol it's getting funny now. I specifically said when I looked into getting them 2 vendor's told me it cuts hp. I also said do not take what I am saying as gospel. But you clearly see everything I say as like the word of god or something.

Also as someone in that thread stated, WTF is a push bike? Yes post a thread so people can see me asking about bikes......you are trying way too hard now, it's getting sad actually. I won't speak against you anymore, I'm actually starting to feel bad now because this must be the highlight of your day.
Old 02-21-2015 | 07:30 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by jem7v
You are so dumb lol it's getting funny now. I specifically said when I looked into getting them 2 vendor's told me it cuts hp. I also said do not take what I am saying as gospel. But you clearly see everything I say as like the word of god or something.

Also as someone in that thread stated, WTF is a push bike? Yes post a thread so people can see me asking about bikes......you are trying way too hard now, it's getting sad actually. I won't speak against you anymore, I'm actually starting to feel bad now because this must be the highlight of your day.
Lol. You really are a "special kid" dude. What is your next thread going to be about? As a suggestion, maybe use the off topic section next time.

Edit: btw Re your "2 vendors", I think i'm gonna have to call BS on that one pal, so how about being a good sport and naming names eh? Even if just for entertainment sakes... I mean that zany hp loss post of yours did breath life back into this thread so we may as well hear the rest. Team P says these exhaust threads always deliver and that can only mean there is fun in this one still....plus you are such a funny dude, hilarious actually!

Last edited by speed21; 02-21-2015 at 08:50 PM.

Quick Reply: HOW IT'S MADE | Fabspeed Motorsport 997TT Supersport X-pipe