Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed MADE IN CHINA

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 12:41 AM
bill8411
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last edited by bill8411; 08-01-2014 at 02:28 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:24 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 441 Likes on 284 Posts

Why won't anyone from Fabspeed answer PMs or emails or forum posts regarding if/when they will ever send my replacement cats?

I got one reply a couple months ago with a vague comment, then nothing.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:44 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a horse in this race (to be candid, I've never liked Fabspeed because of its owner), but just wanted to mention that products made in China, just like those made in the USA, can be of very high quality. I've visited a few factories out here that have astonishingly good quality control sophistication.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:20 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 153 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuda911
Why won't anyone from Fabspeed answer PMs or emails or forum posts regarding if/when they will ever send my replacement cats?

I got one reply a couple months ago with a vague comment, then nothing.
I wouldn't hold much hope in getting anything from them now, especially after whats happened. Even if they did replace them I'd imagine they would be of similar shonky quality, do you really want to go through all that again. If l were you l'd cut my losses put it behind me and move on. Get your self a better system.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:32 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 153 Likes on 95 Posts

This has now reached the other side of thew world !!!

http://porscheforum.com.au/index.php...e-3#entry78885
Old 07-31-2014, 08:56 AM
nuclearfishin
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

How about a little counterpoint here. I get it, speed and leo don't like fabspeed, check. It seems you both have a personal vendetta and I don't want to get in between that. But, I have the fabspeed exhaust and have numbers from many runs on the track to backup the claim that my car runs much faster with the fabspeed exhaust. Your point, I get it, not made in the USA, check. I don't give a crap where it was made, the quality and materials are as good as any whether it was made in usa, taiwan, japan, germany, korea, or mexico. We all know porsche parts come with a large tax. Do you think the SS tubing in germany really costs $3000 more and so that justifies their markup? Quit getting each other off over piling on fabspeed, we all get your point, you guys love joe. you've been very brave behind your keyboard, what a great service you've done for everybody (rolls eyes). I'm tired of hearing you guys trash what I really enjoy on my car. Enough already.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:00 AM
Seeeu911
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm getting ready to order a set of Fabspeed 200 cell cats, for my $$ and research they will work for me.
I've also had other FS porsche products and was satisfied.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:02 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nuclearfishin
How about a little counterpoint here. I get it, speed and leo don't like fabspeed, check. It seems you both have a personal vendetta and I don't want to get in between that. But, I have the fabspeed exhaust and have numbers from many runs on the track to backup the claim that my car runs much faster with the fabspeed exhaust. Your point, I get it, not made in the USA, check. I don't give a crap where it was made, the quality and materials are as good as any whether it was made in usa, taiwan, japan, germany, korea, or mexico. We all know porsche parts come with a large tax. Do you think the SS tubing in germany really costs $3000 more and so that justifies their markup? Quit getting each other off over piling on fabspeed, we all get your point, you guys love joe. you've been very brave behind your keyboard, what a great service you've done for everybody (rolls eyes). I'm tired of hearing you guys trash what I really enjoy on my car. Enough already.
Why they lie to us? Just answer that question...
Old 07-31-2014, 10:13 AM
nuclearfishin
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Leo997TT
Why they lie to us? Just answer that question...
Good question but I don't care about that. I'm buying bolts, steel tubing, and HJS cats. I do my own research and don't rely on any company's marketing.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:29 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by nuclearfishin
Good question but I don't care about that.:
Well my friend since you don't care about that then you shouldn't be writing on this thread because some of us care about that.

I hope you have a great day.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:30 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Gents, The information is right there.... I'm done with this thread.

Thank you all.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:39 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Folks, clearly at least one member has something against Fabspeed. I edited the heck out of the thread because vendettas are not allowed here, nor is shilling for any particular product.

On the other hand I left the factual posts which pointed out the errors in the video with respect to cats and such as well as customer service complaints. Unlike some other sites, Rennlist policy allows posting legitimate complaints against vendors including sponsors. We can do this because this is a Member supported site - something that makes us different and justifies your paying for Membership.

Now a few words about Fabspeed. I have known Joe since 1995 when I bought set of Supercup exhausts for my 993. Crudely made and rather mickey mouse in design, they made a fabulous sound. They were a pain because they used a motorcycle type of muffler baffle inside a hollow tube. Said baffle was held in by one screw and you needed to wrap the baffle with fiberglass muffler packing every few hours of use. If not they would going "ziiing and the baffle vibrated against the surrounding exhaust pipe. In spite of this I loved them until noise restrictions showed up at my home track.

Fast forward to 2002 when I bought a Fabspeed system for my 2002 996 GT2. When I opened the box I was astonished - it was beautiful - I recall saying to my mechanic "this thing looks like it was built by someone who makes musical instruments".

It went on and fit perfectly. The race cats had bungs for the O2 sensors and I never had a CEL. It sounded fabulous - Joe had a video clip of me hauling *** down the front straight of our local track
on his web site. The system made power - no ECU tuning needed! Dyno'd at 517 WHP so the butt dyno and real data matched. Shortly after that someone on Rennlist revealed that Joe was getting stuff made in Taiwan. Yeah, that long ago. When I saw that, my reaction was "ah, that explains the beautiful fabrication compared to his earlier crude products".

Having dealt with Joe, I can rightfully say that he is a very effusive and enthusiastic guy. A born promoter. Sometimes his enthusiasm goes overboard and ... well you saw the result.

The fact that he sources stuff from Taiwan does not matter to me. From what I have seen of his systems, they are well made. That's what counts. How many of the components in our Porsches are sourced from China. Lots! And it isn't just car parts. Check your iPhone, iPad, Apple Mac, Lenovo, Dell, Acer etc; Have you bought a bicycle lately?

Some of his stuff is made in the US. Most of it is assembled in the USA. Does that make it "Made in the USA"? Dunno, perhaps by some government content rules - probably. Does it matter? Not to me, but there is a bit too much flag waving for my tastes. What really counts is whether the stuff is well made and works as designed. That and after sales service should be the litmus test for a product.

You might ask, if I was happy with my GT2 system, have I bought other Fabspeed products? No. I went on to a 996 GT and subsequent GT3RS 2007 and now my 2010. At my home track, those cars just barely pass sound with the stock exhaust so I have left them alone. Suspension parts got changed but anyting that makes noise stayed the same. Clearly in other jurisdictions more noise is allowed so have at it with the large array of aftermarket components and systems.

Feel free to post good and or bad experiences. That's allowed here as long as it doesn't become a vendetta against any vendor or for that matter excess promotion of a particular product.

And this ends one of my very rare lengthy posts. As usual whenever I come out of the mod bunker and post something it kills the thread.
On a positive note I hope the Fabspeed guys will address the customer service issues raised.
Best,
Old 07-31-2014, 11:46 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Thanks for the comments, Bob. So, what's your opinion..... any chance Fabspeed will ever send the replacement cats they owe me? I don't know Joe.... got any inside contacts there that you can push a bit on my behalf?

Thanks!
Old 07-31-2014, 11:51 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Mike, I'm sure FS folks are following these threads carefully. Hope your issues are resolved soon!
Old 07-31-2014, 11:59 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Thanks, Bob, let's hope.

Any company can make a mistake. I judge companies not by a mistake that is made, but rather, how it is corrected. So far... they aren't doing even the smallest of things to correct something that was very expensive for me.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed MADE IN CHINA