Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Turbo price

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 06:54 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

They are very good cars and a delight to work on. I just replaced a leaking coolant hose and elbow from the heat exchanger. I replaced the serpentine belt, coolant, oil and filter. Since I had dropped the engine I checked the plugs and they looked good but I replaced them anyway. I have a two post lift in my garage so it makes things real easy! I removed all of the underside trays and cleaned them. Then I applied 1Z Einszett Vinyl Rubber Care and Protectant. I had to remove the intercoolers to get access to the plugs so I washed them also. Next on the list will be rotors and brakes but don't want to drive the car because then the underside gets dirty. How clean is it, look at the rear Dif

Last edited by atcbi5; 01-23-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:07 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 511 Likes on 188 Posts

I went to the Porsche World Road Show today and got a hot lap with an instructor in a 991 Turbo. It didn't feel faster than my car, but maybe the instructor wasn't pushing it too hard. The suspension felt softer. And the car is much bigger. Then there's the automatic transmission to which there's no getting around...

I also drove the Targa 4S and Boxster and Cayman GTS. That last one is a very, very fun car! Not sure if it comes with a manual tranny (all of them had PDK) but I really enjoyed it.

At the end I went back to my "jalopy" and was not at all disappointed to be driving home in it. The Mezger engine makes this mechanical noise that the new ones don't have, despite the tuned exhausts, etc, etc.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:49 PM
550bryan
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by limitedslip
I was quoting a member who said he got a tip but would've preferred the 6speed

I swear everytime I log on rennlist there is a post of you with that same story

Post more pictures of that sexy beast!!
limitedslip, LMAO, guilty as charged, but hey the thread was about 997.1 pricing and my purchase is fairly recent and therefore relevant, and I post on other subjects too....OK, I admit it, I was gloating but I love my car, I can't help myself. As you can see I'm not a photographer but here's a couple of shots of my 09.
Attached Images   
Old 08-03-2014, 10:11 PM
bgrpph
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I said earlier i got Tip but would have preferred 6 sp. Before i got the 07 997.1 TT, I would have gotten 6 sp vs Tip if there were similar CPO cars here on island. After 18 months of ownership i'm totally satisfied with the Tiptronic & love every minute i'm in it. Given the traffic, limited roads & lack of a track in Honolulu, it's perfect for my needs- Very glad i didn't pay much more for similar car with 6 sp.

Wife can drive it when needed (which is limited given the many bumper scrapes & dents on her 07 Boxster S tip) & no worry about over revs when 27 yr old son takes it. - The big plus, besides price & color, was the car was a one owner/19kmiles, CPO & was on island when i bought it. It's a long term keeper for me.

Last edited by bgrpph; 08-03-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:11 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bryan the car looks great. White is the new black right? These 997 prices are all over the place and anyone who wants one badly can get a tip for 10% less than a manual so it's a great deal. Those 09's are not common, I really wanted one. I looked a couple but I couldn't get over not having Guards Red, there were ZERO for sale in the country. Was a dream of mine so I "settled" for an 07. The only difference is the stereo/nav. but that can be fixed easily. So I didn't feel the need to wait and wait.

I really plan on keeping mine for much longer than my other cars, usually get a 3-4 year itch. From my research these 997s were a great step forward from the 996 and will age very gracefully, much better than the 996. Between the engine dependability and just overall value for the money, it can't be beat. I don't see them depreciating fast at all and will hold their value for time to come. Unlike the 996 which turbos can be had in the low 40s.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:58 AM
550bryan
Pro

Originally Posted by Ibanezgod
Bryan the car looks great. White is the new black right? These 997 prices are all over the place and anyone who wants one badly can get a tip for 10% less than a manual so it's a great deal. Those 09's are not common, I really wanted one. I looked a couple but I couldn't get over not having Guards Red, there were ZERO for sale in the country. Was a dream of mine so I "settled" for an 07. The only difference is the stereo/nav. but that can be fixed easily. So I didn't feel the need to wait and wait.

I really plan on keeping mine for much longer than my other cars, usually get a 3-4 year itch. From my research these 997s were a great step forward from the 996 and will age very gracefully, much better than the 996. Between the engine dependability and just overall value for the money, it can't be beat. I don't see them depreciating fast at all and will hold their value for time to come. Unlike the 996 which turbos can be had in the low 40s.
I hope your crystal ball is working well. Regardless of how well the values hold, lets face it they're a blast to drive and are so satisfying regardless of which trans you have. I like my 6 speed except for all those times I launch the car and wish it were a tip. It's like debate class, you can argue both sides of the equation effectively, because they're both so good.

Last edited by 550bryan; 08-04-2014 at 06:10 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:31 AM
limitedslip
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 550bryan
limitedslip, LMAO, guilty as charged, but hey the thread was about 997.1 pricing and my purchase is fairly recent and therefore relevant, and I post on other subjects too....OK, I admit it, I was gloating but I love my car, I can't help myself. As you can see I'm not a photographer but here's a couple of shots of my 09.
I know, just wanted to tease you a bit ahah

Your car looks awesome with the black RS spyder wheels!
Old 08-04-2014, 10:29 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PCCBs can be an odd lot when it comes to resale of an older model 997. Primarily what comes to mind is the cost to service the PCCBs? Especially if you have to replace a rotor. I would be more inclined looking for the Red non PCCBs of possible.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:07 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 511 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
PCCBs can be an odd lot when it comes to resale of an older model 997. Primarily what comes to mind is the cost to service the PCCBs? Especially if you have to replace a rotor. I would be more inclined looking for the Red non PCCBs of possible.
That is absolutely true. However there are quality steel rotor replacements for PCCBs.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:10 PM
550bryan
Pro

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Everyone I've talked to about the rotor issue says they never have to be replaced unless you track the car (it would be good to hear from someone here with PCCB's who does track their car) or you let your pads wear down way too far which can result in overheating and damage to the rotor. The carbon pads are a little more expensive I think but they certainly last a long time and produce very little brake dust. My pads, last checked at 29,000 miles, still had over half their life left. The initial bite of the PCCB's is the best I've ever experienced, they significantly reduce unsprung weight, don't dust up the wheels and mine have never squeaked. I have to admit they look way cool too, so while I was neutral on the issue of PCCB's when I stated my search, I'm now a fervent convert. If you spend some time in a TT with them you'll understand why.

Quick Reply: 07 Turbo price