Sponsored by:

TranzIt BLU HF Install in a 997.1TT - PCM 2.1

Old 09-18-2017, 02:00 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

why wouldnt it work re ios11?

Originally Posted by bmwtye
What's everyone's plan who is using this with an iPhone when iOS 11 releases? I'm hearing it will no longer work. I've emailed TranzIt and have not got a response about an update to the app, which they haven't updated in quite a long time.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:46 PM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

You can see what apps won't work in the phone settings and it says tranzit won't work after the upgrade. It doesn't might not work. It says it won't.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:57 PM
function12
Burning Brakes

I just got this via email from Tranzit.

The BT will work without the app, so your product will continue to work as it does now.
The app is not required for use, it is for convenience.
However, the app is being updated. Keep an eye on your app store for its' release.

Jeremy Doran
MECP Advanced Certified
ASE6 Certified
Technical Support Advisor
AAMP Global
800-477-2267
Original Message
Old 10-09-2017, 09:05 PM
homer6
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone tried the Dension COMPACT BT Universal Bluetooth? So many users having issues with the TranzIt BLU HF, wondering if the Denison is more consistently reliable.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:29 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by homer6
Has anyone tried the Dension COMPACT BT Universal Bluetooth? So many users having issues with the TranzIt BLU HF, wondering if the Denison is more consistently reliable.
Dension is a well reputable device.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:29 PM
Synx
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all, did you disconnect the battery during the install?

thanks!
Old 12-23-2017, 03:02 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Synx
Hi all, did you disconnect the battery during the install?

thanks!
i didnt.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:55 AM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts

Finally installed mine after it has been sitting at my house for over a year. Stupid I didn't install it sooner, so dang nice to have. Now everyone that complains about how lame the sat/nav system is can chill because with the use of a modern smartphone, this works about as well as anything else.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:54 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

how do you like the sound quality?

Originally Posted by rodH
Finally installed mine after it has been sitting at my house for over a year. Stupid I didn't install it sooner, so dang nice to have. Now everyone that complains about how lame the sat/nav system is can chill because with the use of a modern smartphone, this works about as well as anything else.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:59 PM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

I just bought a 997.1 TT and it has the green phone button on the dash. How can I connect to the TranzIt system to determine if it's actually installed? There doesn't seem to be an aux cable/ cord. Is it simply Bluetooth?
Old 02-14-2018, 09:42 AM
danschy
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Check the bluetooth settings on your phone to see if you see tranzit blu listed as available (with radio turned on). There is an app to download to your phone that lets you set the radio freq tranzit blu uses. You should be able to find an on-line manual for it. Holding the button down for 4 sec switches the tranzit blu in or out. Momentary push to answer phone call. You want to set TranzitBlu to your favorite radio station freq so you reduce chance you have to change the radio to the tranzitblu freq when a call comes in while your listening to FM radio station. (Since it is hardwired, you don't need to use a clear FM freq.)
Old 02-14-2018, 09:55 AM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

Thanks danschy! Exactly the info I needed. I appreciate the help.

Quite happy to find the green phone indicated TranzIt Blu. I was thinking of adding it, so this is a plus. Thanks!
Old 02-15-2018, 05:03 PM
function12
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by danschy
Check the bluetooth settings on your phone to see if you see tranzit blu listed as available (with radio turned on). There is an app to download to your phone that lets you set the radio freq tranzit blu uses. You should be able to find an on-line manual for it. Holding the button down for 4 sec switches the tranzit blu in or out. Momentary push to answer phone call. You want to set TranzitBlu to your favorite radio station freq so you reduce chance you have to change the radio to the tranzitblu freq when a call comes in while your listening to FM radio station. (Since it is hardwired, you don't need to use a clear FM freq.)
I think you have to put it in pairing mode before it will show up. I forget the steps to put it in paring mode but I thought you have to do something on the Tranzit blu module to enter that mode.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:38 AM
danschy
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by function12
I think you have to put it in pairing mode before it will show up. I forget the steps to put it in paring mode but I thought you have to do something on the Tranzit blu module to enter that mode.
Yep, you're right. I've pasted below the pertinent sections from the manual. When it says "6 seconds" I'm pretty sure 4 seconds will work. Maybe I figured that out experimentally.

4. Phone Setup
I. Bluetooth Pairing
1) Press and hold the control button for 2 seconds to enter discoverable mode, to pair a new phone. Red and Green LEDS should be flashing on back of ISFM2351 module.
2) Access your smartphone’s Bluetooth menu and search for devices.
3) Select TranzIt BLU HF.

II. Smartphone Application
TranzIt BLU HF has a smartphone application designed to provide access to additional settings and features. Download the App for free for your iPhone from the iTunes App Store, or for your Android smartphone in the Google Play market.
The TranzIt BLU HF app will enable you to change the frequency used by the module to play back your streaming audio and phone calls through your vehicle. Additionally the App allows you to clear the list of paired devices from memory. This is useful at the point of installation.

5. User Operation
The ISFM2351 will automatically reconnect with your paired phone when entering the vehicle. This ensures that your hands-free calls will be routed through the FM radio, or Aux input in your vehicle.
In order to stream your music through the vehicle, you must first engage the ISFM2351 for music streaming. To do this, simply press and hold the control button for 6 seconds. A series of beeps will play through the FM frequency, or Aux source. Now begin playback on your smartphone, and the audio will play through the vehicle.
If you would like to listen to the regular FM station, simply disengage the ISFM2351 by pressing and holding the control button for 6 seconds. Note, when “disengaged” the ISFM2351 is still connected to your Bluetooth device for hands free calling.

Phone Calls
Incoming call mode (phone ringing)
1) Single Press
Answer
2) Press and hold (2 seconds)
Reject call

Call mode (during a hands-free call)
1) Single Press
End call
2) Press and hold (2 seconds)
Toggle Privacy / Hands-free mode

Streaming Music
1) Single Press
Next track
2) Press and Hold (2 seconds)
Launch VR
3) Press and Hold (6 seconds)
Disengage ISFM2351 (turn module off)

Discoverable mode (to pair a new Bluetooth device)
1) Press and hold the control button for 2 seconds to enter discoverable mode, to pair a new phone Red and Green LEDS should be flashing on back of ISFM2351 module
Old 02-16-2018, 11:46 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

We have a very large installed base of the Dension CompactBT since we beta tested it last January 2017 (we are a primary distributor for Dension to the Porsche market, as many of you know). The unit is now in its second generation with updated electronics as well. Works very well. Easier to install than the TranzIt due to not having to route through the antenna port.

Both products are available on our site. One thing to keep in mind is that they both use modulation and bluetooth. If you spend most of your in-vehicle time in a major metro without too many blank spots on the radio spectrum, these may not be quite as friendly.

And of course, if you have PCM 2.1 (997/987/Cayenne) w/telephone buttons on the upper left, the best integration solution is the Dension 500SBT, also available on our site. Email any questions: info@bumperplugs.com

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TranzIt BLU HF Install in a 997.1TT - PCM 2.1