Sponsored by:

TranzIt BLU HF Install in a 997.1TT - PCM 2.1

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 08:12 AM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

With the 2003 you need the proper antenna adapters which you can find on eBay, Crutchfield or bumper plugs
Old 08-27-2016, 09:37 AM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Oops.. Duplicate post
Old 11-16-2016, 01:26 PM
danschy
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just wanted to post a quick reply in case this helps someone else. My Tranzit Blu has not been working for about a year, and today I finally dug behind the dash (ugh!) to see if I could figure out the issue. The LEDs showed it was trying to link to my phone, but then right after linking it would drop and try again, endlessly. I had planned to try playing with the dip switches, but then ran across some info saying the Tranzit Blu has trouble with punctuation in the phone name. I removed the parentheses from my phone name (it was the default) and now it again works perfectly.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:15 PM
zander35
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by danschy
Just wanted to post a quick reply in case this helps someone else. My Tranzit Blu has not been working for about a year, and today I finally dug behind the dash (ugh!) to see if I could figure out the issue. The LEDs showed it was trying to link to my phone, but then right after linking it would drop and try again, endlessly. I had planned to try playing with the dip switches, but then ran across some info saying the Tranzit Blu has trouble with punctuation in the phone name. I removed the parentheses from my phone name (it was the default) and now it again works perfectly.

Thanks.. maybe a dumb question, but how did you change the phone name? Is that like "john's iPhone" in your phone settings somewhere or was it a name given by the blue tooth unit and configurable in the itranzit app?

I'm having an issue where I hear a loud series of beeps through the car speakers when paired to my phone exactly every 5 minutes, and am wondering if it could be the phone disconnecting and reconnecting- although, my music keeps playing right through the beeps.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:04 AM
danschy
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by zander35
Thanks.. maybe a dumb question, but how did you change the phone name? Is that like "john's iPhone" in your phone settings somewhere or was it a name given by the blue tooth unit and configurable in the itranzit app?

I'm having an issue where I hear a loud series of beeps through the car speakers when paired to my phone exactly every 5 minutes, and am wondering if it could be the phone disconnecting and reconnecting- although, my music keeps playing right through the beeps.
Changed the name of the phone itself. It is a Samsung Galaxy S5 and the default name was set to Dan (Galaxy S5). In Settings - About device - Device name, I changed it to Dan Galaxy S5.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:06 PM
leholtet
Intermediate

What antenna adapter would i need for the 997.2 PCM 3.0?
Old 04-29-2017, 05:25 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by leholtet
What antenna adapter would i need for the 997.2 PCM 3.0?
should be the same.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:50 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

For anyone without a unit, or needing a simple solution, we have been rolling out something completely new along with the TranzItBlu and Dension line.

Dension intro'd the new CompactBT unit in January. We beta tested it and it works really well without having to tap into the antenna port AND it offers data display on compatible nav-based head unit screens. Connect to power and then pair - combination of modulation and bluetooth, and provides full streaming tunes and calls.

Seems to work a bit better than the TranzIt and provides more info (data), and is compatible across virtually every vehicle make/model/head unit.

Of course for those with PCM 2.1, the 500SBT is still the best bang for the buck in terms of complete full optical integration.

Details HERE

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 05-01-2017, 05:16 AM
leholtet
Intermediate

I cant really see the difference on this and the tranzit blue? looks like both uses fm antenna, or aux?

Except the Dension is 3.5x the price?
Old 05-01-2017, 11:42 AM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Dension goes in between the fiber most ring and acts like the factory CD changer.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:22 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

The CompactBT connects to POWER ONLY, not to the antenna port.

This is the CompactBT, NOT the Dension 500SBT.

$110. The right product for PCM 2.1 is still the 500SBT for full featured BT integration. The CompactBT also tosses the info at your nav screen, the TranzIt does not.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:04 AM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Tranzit blu HF does send the the song information through RDS. So, song title and artist do show up on the PCM and the dash.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:59 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

the Tranzit Blu HF 100% shows the song name, artist as well as the incoming phone caller on the dash/pcm via RDS.

btw guys, i figured out a way to charge your phones without having to worry about a DC usb charger draining your car while the car is off, nor worrying about the the stupid phone cable coming out of the centre console getting in the way of shifting (or just plain looking ugly)

instructions below for those interested - very simple/fast + easy to do, best part is is if you already have the tranzit blu mic installed in the a-pillar, you can just piggy back the new DC adapter cable off of that for a very easy 30-45 min install.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post14147181

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post14147181

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
The CompactBT connects to POWER ONLY, not to the antenna port.

This is the CompactBT, NOT the Dension 500SBT.

$110. The right product for PCM 2.1 is still the 500SBT for full featured BT integration. The CompactBT also tosses the info at your nav screen, the TranzIt does not.

Originally Posted by function12
Tranzit blu HF does send the the song information through RDS. So, song title and artist do show up on the PCM and the dash.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:45 PM
4LUX
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I got my unit installed this weekend, along with my Clima replacement HVAC controls.

Here is a pic of the replaced controls.

Pic of the before replacement.

c76cc.jpg[/IMG]

Did some trimming on the mic clip and got it mounted up by the rear view mirror. ran the wire up along the windshield and down the "A" pillar.

The only issue I am having is getting my phone to sink up, after exiting the car and re-entering. I am having to go into my phone re-connect to the wifi and then into the app to re-learn the FM channel and phone. I will have to play with it during the week.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:53 AM
Lewisf182
Cruisin'

I've just acquired a 2003 996 C4S with the MOST System. Having done a lot of research I've now settled on the Tranzit BLU to allow me to stream music as that's all I'm really interested in.

What I can't seem to get a 100% answer on is what EXACTLY do I need?
I don't have PCM so it's the basic Becker system - i don't actually have the car yet (collect saturday) so can't remember for sure but it's the BOSE MOST.

I'm in the UK and I'm not that technical so any help would be appreciated as to what to buy in terms of parts and what extra stuff will I need?

Latest threads I've seen involve soldering power from the white cable which I would have confidence in doing as long as that's still the best option? I'd need to buy solder and a solder gun though lol.

Quick Reply: TranzIt BLU HF Install in a 997.1TT - PCM 2.1