From an 06 Cayman S to...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 12:22 PM
00Jay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phillipj
OOJAY,

Oh dear not Agency.. I bought that for my car many years ago. The fitment and quality was so bad I sent it back..It was a joke..And they told me nothing was wrong with it and charged me a 20% re stocking fee..

It might be a good idea to go back to the stock box. All you would need to buy would be the OEM filter and lid.. Those cone filters are very inefficient and lot lot of dirt in your engine. Also the box is does not seal well and lets hot air into the throttle body intake,, Which of course is a bad thing..

That intake has no performance advantage at all..

Just wanted to let you know..

Just so you know stay away from anything made be Agency or Vivid.. It's crap and they are crooks..
Ah, I saw one of your replies in a thread here on the board. Thanks for making me aware, I'll be looking more into it for sure this next week. I'm curious about your bad experience with Vivid. I've had a few cars modded by them, and other than a brief disagreement on Facebook about one of their posts/cars...I've never had any problems with their service or parts.

Thx for the compliments everyone. Should have some pics later tonight.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:42 PM
00Jay
Instructor

More pics.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:45 PM
AllanB
Advanced

Very nice. I could post pics but mine is think identical to yours. Mine is Arctic Silver, black interior. sport adaptive seats, chrono boost, but Tiptronic which is what I wanted as kind of sick of manual cars where live now. A few years ago likely would never have considered a manual. Only had 13,000 miles on the clock.

My car is stock with aftermarket led lights but did put in a BMC filter like put in my SL55 and had k and n in most all my cars thru the years with no apparent ill effects at all. If you do get too much oil on them they can mess up Maf air sensors and throw codes but some rubbing alcohol or sensor cleaner usually fixes that up quick.

Not really sure how much benefit from intake mods like changing the actual intake setup like you have on yours, on the 997.1 turbo. Only had mine a few months and not got to drive it more than a few blocks until get it safety inspected since it came from another province.

I was thinking of exhaust maybe leaning towards Euro pipe or maybe electronic valve Cargraphic and might do a tune ,softronic, etc. not sure yet on that. Drive it a bit and see how it is. Am used to some very fast cars have a 800hp plus twin turbo 7.0 litre beast in the stable still. Domestic are mostly what played with in past ,went German year or so ago and got ML350 for daily driver, then my SL55 as wanted a nice vert after sold my manual 2008 z06 , and now picked up my 2007 911 turbo off forum member.

I was almost going to buy a white one but do love silver also so snapped up the silver one when one came along that had what I wanted at price that was willing to pay.

Enjoy that new toy!
I only got a few quick impressions driving it a few blocks from where the truck dropped it off and once or twice around block few days ago. It felt nice and solid. The ride seemed not bad on tour setting and have really good roads here anyway. The brakes seemed powerful just got the normal brakes not the carbon ceramic ones. But no plans to track mine.

Power only got into boost a bit and it seemed pretty quick. Interior is pretty nice , wish it had some ipod capability stock even an simple input jack would be ok. guess use fm transmistter gadget for now. I didn't get heated seats and wish did a bit as will be driving it in spring/fall but not winter and heated seats are nice to have. Oh well and didn't get the deluxe steering wheel. No carbon fiber either but can easily add aftermarket CF and its got aluminum which looks pretty good. My SL55 has nice factory carbon fiber trim.
I am also sure the car will handle awesome in sport mode. And have great traction being all wheel drive a key ingredient to having great 0 to 60 times in a high power car. Played a lot with eagle talon turbo all wheel drive cars. Still play a bit with them. I call them the poor mans Porsche turbo ! LOL
Old 01-27-2014, 06:30 AM
00Jay
Instructor

Originally Posted by AllanB
Very nice. I could post pics but mine is think identical to yours. Mine is Arctic Silver, black interior. sport adaptive seats, chrono boost, but Tiptronic which is what I wanted as kind of sick of manual cars where live now. A few years ago likely would never have considered a manual. Only had 13,000 miles on the clock.
I went back and forth on wanting auto/manual, but ultimately, it came down to price and availability for my pick. I love being able to row through the gears, but there are times where I wish I had auto.

Domestic are mostly what played with in past ,went German year or so ago and got ML350 for daily driver, then my SL55 as wanted a nice vert after sold my manual 2008 z06 , and now picked up my 2007 911 turbo off forum member.
Before my 06 Cayman S and 08 Cayenne S, I was mostly into domestics as well...98 Mustang Cobra, 1999 Trans Am WS6, went to a Nissan with an 03 350Z which was a bad experience, then a 2007 Trailblazer SS. Have to say though, I've been quite happy with Porsche cars (and SUVs) for the past few years with overall drivability and reliability.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:40 PM
00Jay
Instructor

Wow, I completely missed the mark with my mods. Thanks to Evan@Fabspeed for notifying me...

The intake on my car is actually a Fabspeed Maxflo Cup Air Intake System.

Mods are as follows:

Fabspeed Headers
Fabspeed Maxflo Cup Air Intake System
Agency Power Titanium Exhaust
Softronic ECU Flash
Fabspeed Bolt-On Quad Tips
Agency Power Boost Recirculation Valves

Last edited by 00Jay; 01-28-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:11 PM
therock88
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by phillipj
OOJAY,

Oh dear not Agency.. I bought that for my car many years ago. The fitment and quality was so bad I sent it back..It was a joke..And they told me nothing was wrong with it and charged me a 20% re stocking fee..

It might be a good idea to go back to the stock box. All you would need to buy would be the OEM filter and lid.. Those cone filters are very inefficient and lot lot of dirt in your engine. Also the box is does not seal well and lets hot air into the throttle body intake,, Which of course is a bad thing..

That intake has no performance advantage at all..

Just wanted to let you know..

Just so you know stay away from anything made be Agency or Vivid.. It's crap and they are crooks..
OP...Phillipj is spot on! Take the intake off asap...it just sucks in hot air and is a piece of crap! Also he is spot on about Agency Power ...they make cheap copies of everyone's work...Stay away from them and VividRacing

There are tons of tests regarding the filters etc, and they do nothing or make it worse...Just trying to help. And BTW I bought all kinds of crap only to find out the expensive way...I am back to OEM filter now too..

Notice you have the AP recirculating valves...keep an eye on them and lubed or go back to OEM...They will stick on you!

Softronic tune...I great!

Oh...and nice car! Welcome, and enjoy!

DC

Quick Reply: From an 06 Cayman S to...