Sponsored by:

Need some ECU/Tuning advice

Old 01-19-2014, 03:04 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Runner
My Porsche Technician trumps anything said on this forum, so I'm not influenced by anyone's bias. He has earned my trust and that counts...
+1...there is no substitute for a good and respected technician. They make all the difference.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:27 PM
GTRNICK
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My Porsche Technician trumps anything said on this forum, so I'm not influenced by anyone's bias. He has earned my trust and that counts.

I'm very excited about picking up my turbo on Tuesday from the shop. He installed the FVD tune and I'm told its a mean machine and that I'm going to love it.

Before the decision going with FVD; we sat down in his office and covered every detail about the different brands of tunes. His experience covered them all. Bottom line; he believes that FVD is the best overall value and would match up with my BBI exhaust great.

He has had problems with tunes before; but not FVD. So not sure what Speed21 is on; but it must be a mission.

I'll let y'all know the honest truth about this tune good or bad. Not a third part story teller.
This is great news congrats Runner.

I know you will love it as I have for the past 4 to 5 years

Your technician sounds like a wise man
Old 01-19-2014, 04:14 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
Here we go again…

Nick you may be good with your tricks both on and off line trying to convince certain folk that you are some kind of "real deal", but by now I hope you realise it doesn't take much for me at all to find out who is who in the industry zoo, and I'm talking about the real world here. And, you are not the real deal at all, merely just a solo owner of a Porsche car that has happened to have spent money with a particular company, now hoping to canoodle them into believing you can do actually something for them as a scavenger on the trade. Frankly, when it comes to the parts industry anyone half smart seeking to buy anything would know they are far better emailing or picking up the phone to the source direct rather than feeding small fry parasites that essentially know nothing to very little at best.

Anyway, back to topic if we may.

About Mental Illness Treatments & Services

About_Treatments_and_Supports

Most people diagnosed with mental illness can experience relief from their symptoms by actively participating in an individual treatment plan. Numerous treatments and services for mental illnesses are available. The choice and combination of treatment and services selected depends in most cases on the type of mental illness, the severity of symptoms, the availability of options and decisions determined by the individual, often in consultation with their health care provider and others. Most people with mental illness report that a combination of treatments, services and supports works best to support their recovery.

For more in-depth information about NAMI's views on policy topics check out NAMI's advocacy page.

Medications

Mental health medications do not cure mental illness. However, they can often significantly improve symptoms and help promote recovery and are recognized as first-line treatment for most individuals.

Specific Medications
A list of information regarding specific medications.

Long-acting Injectable Antipsychotic Medications (LAIs)
LAIs are an alternative to oral administration of medications.

Ask the Psychiatric Pharmacist
NAMI is pleased to be working with the College of Psychiatric and Neurologic Pharmacists to bring you a new series called Ask the Psychiatric Pharmacist.

National Institute of Mental Health
Information about psychotropic medication from NIMH.

U.S. Food and Drug Administration Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
This federal agency's website has consumer information on drugs approved by the FDA since January 1998.

Prescription Drug Assistance
Information on government programs, non-profit organizations and pharmaceutical companies offering free or low-cost medication.

Psychosocial Treatments

Psychosocial treatments are helpful in providing support, education and guidance to people living with mental illness and their families. Psychosocial treatments include:

Psychotherapy
Psychoeducation
Self-help and Support Groups
Interpersonal Therapy
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Exposure Therapy
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
Dual Diagnosis and Integrated Treatment
Click here to find out more about psychosocial treatments.

Other Treatments

In addition to medication and psychosocial treatments, there are other methods and interventions that some individuals find effective in managing and treating their mental illness.

Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS)
Supplemental interventions have been found to be helpful in the management of mental illness for some individuals.

Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Folate
Health and Wellness

Recognizing that wellness is an ongoing process, the NAMI Hearts & Minds program is an online, interactive, educational initiative promoting the idea of wellness in both mind and body.

NAMI Hearts & Minds
Check out NAMI's section on how wellness means both a healthy mind and a healthy body.

Services

An array of mental health services and supports are important to ensure recovery for most people living with mental illness.

Case Management

A case manager coordinates services and supports to help you live successfully in the community.

Employment

For many people, employment is an important part of recovery from mental illness.

Hospitalization

Psychiatric hospitals are designed to be safe settings for intensive mental health treatment.

Housing

Lack of safe and affordable housing is one of the most significant barriers to recovery for people living with mental illness; a safe place to live is essential to recovery.

The Continuum of Housing refers to a full range of housing options, from supportive housing for the homeless to traditional homeownership and everything in between.

Appropriate Housing: Four Criteria
Regardless of the type of housing option chosen, it must meet four criteria in order to appropriate and effective.

Peer Services and Supports

Peer services means getting help from individuals who have shared similar experiences and can sometimes be as valuable as professional services.

Specific Populations

Treatment and services for special populations may vary and are sometimes specific to meeting the unique needs of these individuals.

Children and Adolescents

Children & Adolescent Action Center
NAMI's Child & Adolescent Action Center focuses on mental health systems' reform that promises to improve the lives of children and adolescents with mental illnesses and their families.

What Families Can do When a Child May Have a Mental Illness
Unexplained changes in a child's behavior and/or mood may be the warning signs of a mental health condition and should not be ignored.

Choosing the Right Treatment: Evidence-Based Practices
What families need to know about evidence-based practices.

Information about Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy
SCAPP's mission is to encourage the development and advancement of clinical child and adolescent psychology through integration of its scientific and professional aspects.

Home and Community Based Mental Health Services for Children and Adolescents
A family guide to expanding home and community-based mental health services and supports.

Residential Treatment Programs for Their Children
Resources and information for families open to exploring residential treatment programs for children.

Veterans, Active Duty Military and Their Families

NAMI's Veterans Resource Center
NAMI’s Veterans Resource Center provides information on posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), traumatic brain injury (TBI) and other resources for veterans, active-duty military and their families coping with mental illness.

| Print this page | Email this page
| Save to myNAMI
Old 01-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by phillipj
About Mental Illness Treatments & Services About_Treatments_and_Supports Most people diagnosed with mental illness can experience relief from their symptoms by actively participating in an individual treatment plan. Numerous treatments and services for mental illnesses are available.....

ROFLMAO
Old 01-19-2014, 06:15 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Around here, any major repair under warranty involves a zone rep. The latest generation of dealer software is apparently capable of detecting modified parameters in the ECU and guess what, no warranty.
It's the same here too and I would say anywhere on the globe where these cars are officially sold. Porsche HQ warranty department succeeds the assurances of any technician, good bad or otherwise. And if assurances aren't in writing they can't be taken seriously.

Originally Posted by phillipj
About Mental Illness Treatments & Services

About_Treatments_and_Supports

Most people diagnosed with mental illness can experience relief from their symptoms by actively participating in an individual treatment plan. Numerous treatments and services for mental illnesses are available. The choice and combination of treatment and services selected depends in most cases on the type of mental illness, the severity of symptoms, the availability of options and decisions determined by the individual, often in consultation with their health care provider and others. Most people with mental illness report that a combination of treatments, services and supports works best to support their recovery.

For more in-depth information about NAMI's views on policy topics check out NAMI's advocacy page.

Medications

Mental health medications do not cure mental illness. However, they can often significantly improve symptoms and help promote recovery and are recognized as first-line treatment for most individuals.

Specific Medications
A list of information regarding specific medications.

Long-acting Injectable Antipsychotic Medications (LAIs)
LAIs are an alternative to oral administration of medications.

Ask the Psychiatric Pharmacist
NAMI is pleased to be working with the College of Psychiatric and Neurologic Pharmacists to bring you a new series called Ask the Psychiatric Pharmacist.

National Institute of Mental Health
Information about psychotropic medication from NIMH.

U.S. Food and Drug Administration Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
This federal agency's website has consumer information on drugs approved by the FDA since January 1998.

Prescription Drug Assistance
Information on government programs, non-profit organizations and pharmaceutical companies offering free or low-cost medication.

Psychosocial Treatments

Psychosocial treatments are helpful in providing support, education and guidance to people living with mental illness and their families. Psychosocial treatments include:

Psychotherapy
Psychoeducation
Self-help and Support Groups
Interpersonal Therapy
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Exposure Therapy
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
Dual Diagnosis and Integrated Treatment
Click here to find out more about psychosocial treatments.

Other Treatments

In addition to medication and psychosocial treatments, there are other methods and interventions that some individuals find effective in managing and treating their mental illness.

Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS)
Supplemental interventions have been found to be helpful in the management of mental illness for some individuals.

Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Folate
Health and Wellness

Recognizing that wellness is an ongoing process, the NAMI Hearts & Minds program is an online, interactive, educational initiative promoting the idea of wellness in both mind and body.

NAMI Hearts & Minds
Check out NAMI's section on how wellness means both a healthy mind and a healthy body.

Services

An array of mental health services and supports are important to ensure recovery for most people living with mental illness.

Case Management

A case manager coordinates services and supports to help you live successfully in the community.

Employment

For many people, employment is an important part of recovery from mental illness.

Hospitalization

Psychiatric hospitals are designed to be safe settings for intensive mental health treatment.

Housing

Lack of safe and affordable housing is one of the most significant barriers to recovery for people living with mental illness; a safe place to live is essential to recovery.

The Continuum of Housing refers to a full range of housing options, from supportive housing for the homeless to traditional homeownership and everything in between.

Appropriate Housing: Four Criteria
Regardless of the type of housing option chosen, it must meet four criteria in order to appropriate and effective.

Peer Services and Supports

Peer services means getting help from individuals who have shared similar experiences and can sometimes be as valuable as professional services.

Specific Populations

Treatment and services for special populations may vary and are sometimes specific to meeting the unique needs of these individuals.

Children and Adolescents

Children & Adolescent Action Center
NAMI's Child & Adolescent Action Center focuses on mental health systems' reform that promises to improve the lives of children and adolescents with mental illnesses and their families.

What Families Can do When a Child May Have a Mental Illness
Unexplained changes in a child's behavior and/or mood may be the warning signs of a mental health condition and should not be ignored.

Choosing the Right Treatment: Evidence-Based Practices
What families need to know about evidence-based practices.

Information about Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy
SCAPP's mission is to encourage the development and advancement of clinical child and adolescent psychology through integration of its scientific and professional aspects.

Home and Community Based Mental Health Services for Children and Adolescents
A family guide to expanding home and community-based mental health services and supports.

Residential Treatment Programs for Their Children
Resources and information for families open to exploring residential treatment programs for children.

Veterans, Active Duty Military and Their Families

NAMI's Veterans Resource Center
NAMI’s Veterans Resource Center provides information on posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), traumatic brain injury (TBI) and other resources for veterans, active-duty military and their families coping with mental illness.

| Print this page | Email this page
| Save to myNAMI
The irony here is this is basically the best you can muster as a contribution on a technical forum outside of calling members ********, providing long winded definitions thereof, or advising how you nearly got yourself in a fight over being called out as a FW.

I wonder why.

I think that lack of money appears to be eating you up "brother". Please accept money isn't everything and should not stand in the way of honesty.

Time to put down your axe and put up a decent contribution for a change. It isn't all about being popular amongst "the boys" surely? And, try and stay on topic...
Old 01-19-2014, 06:31 PM
GTRNICK
Racer

Here's one for yah Paul!

You will love this.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:59 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GTRNICK
Here's one for yah Paul!

You will love this.

http://youtu.be/nOqrsfTIEZM
Again the irony is you continue to shoot yourself in your own foot by putting up off topic posts that serve only to indict your pathetic behaviour. Silly really.

It is pretty easy to see why so few are prepared to offer anything technical on this board when imbeciles are allowed to derail threads and suppress information by bombarding defensive hate against anyone prepared to offer sound advice or opinion.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:12 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

One more of these posts and I'm going to start issuing infractions.

Please stay on topic and spare us the personal vendetta nonsense.

You have been warned.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:04 PM
montreal911
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, im currently shopping for a tune as well for my 997tt. What do you guys think of softronic?
Old 01-19-2014, 09:21 PM
GTRNICK
Racer

Originally Posted by montreal911
Hey guys, im currently shopping for a tune as well for my 997tt. What do you guys think of softronic?
Hey, I remember reading mixed reviews some people say they are great and some people not so happy but with that being said as displayed in this thread it will be the same for most companies.

I personally have never used them but there are plenty of write up's and discussion's on here and 6speed for you to read, just type Softronic into the search and good luck.

Happy Tuning
Old 01-19-2014, 10:43 PM
UT_farhan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
I disagree.
Exchanging personal experiences, good and bad, is essential in a technical forum.

Regarding FVD, their HQ in Germany had no idea whatsoever how to make a proper DME upgrade for a GT3.
I've learned this the hard way.

That said, they do have good prices for certain parts and I've been a happy customer. But for an ECU tune; I'd definitely look elsewhere.

Best,
Thanks for this info, and thanks for helping get the thread back on track.

My Porsche Technician trumps anything said on this forum, so I'm not influenced by anyone's bias. He has earned my trust and that counts.

I'm very excited about picking up my turbo on Tuesday from the shop. He installed the FVD tune and I'm told its a mean machine and that I'm going to love it.

I'll let y'all know the honest truth about this tune good or bad. Not a third part story teller.
Runner, please PM me and let me know your experience if you dont mind. Thats probably the easiest way since this thread seems to be pretty much hijacked now.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:09 AM
dhahlen
Rennlist Member

+1 on the BBI, Not too loud, not too quite and makes significantly more power... also looks beautiful
Old 01-20-2014, 03:20 AM
AP328
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

My first experience with Softronic was in a friends 997.1 TT, and it was smooth, very quick and easy to install. About a year later, after my exhaust upgrade, I put Softronic on my own turbo. Not only did it feel even quicker (running 94 octane), but I was surprised by how much smoother and more responsive the accelerator pedal was. I didn't mind the increased red line either.

As a consequence of people now going for a ride in my car, at least two and likely 3 other local PCA members are planning to buy Softronic.

Obviously there are lots of choices, but I was impressed with my first Softronic experience as a passenger and it has only gotten better from there.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:17 AM
montreal911
Track Day

Originally Posted by AP328
My first experience with Softronic was in a friends 997.1 TT, and it was smooth, very quick and easy to install. About a year later, after my exhaust upgrade, I put Softronic on my own turbo. Not only did it feel even quicker (running 94 octane), but I was surprised by how much smoother and more responsive the accelerator pedal was. I didn't mind the increased red line either. As a consequence of people now going for a ride in my car, at least two and likely 3 other local PCA members are planning to buy Softronic. Obviously there are lots of choices, but I was impressed with my first Softronic experience as a passenger and it has only gotten better from there.
Thanks for taking the time to reply! Did you have to change the clutch?
Old 01-20-2014, 01:06 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for taking the time to reply! Did you have to change the clutch?
I know lots of people wit the Softronic tune and are very happy with it.. Price wise it's quite a bargain actually..

It is always a good idea to upgrade your clutch with a tune but I wouldn't do it until your stock clutch is worn out (unless you have deep pockets and don't care.)

The clutch has a lot to do with the way you drive. I'm very easy on clutches..

That is just my opinion. The best upgrade is to the Sachs stage 2.5 from AWE tuning..

I have the a race gas tune that produces about 600 hp and I still have the stock clutch with 67k miles.. When it finally gives up I will go with the Sachs 2.5.

I hope this helps..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need some ECU/Tuning advice