Sponsored by:

Need some ECU/Tuning advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 08:44 PM
GTRNICK
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
You refuse to answer reasonable questions asked and continue with your insults and rage in a desperate bid to kick up dust. These do not appear to me to be the actions of a user, instead someone with a vested interest, so please be honest with the members.

I have been told you are a very tricky person to deal with and you are demonstrating that to me here as well. Tricky behaviour won't cut it.

I recall PM'ing you a long time ago and told you at that stage the names of my sources are protected, provided you certain information pertaining to their experiences. That is correct. That situation remains unchanged however it is not the end of the world because you can quite easily refer to the last member who posted on 6 about removing his FVD tune but you don't want to do that because the answer will only make it worse for you, and you desperately need that lid kept on pandoras box as long as possible. Vested interest again.

People don't junk out of tunes without good reason. Porsche owners are generally not silly people. Please go back and redirect your anger and questions toward those that have openly posted and stop insulting all other folk for speaking up.

I have no reason to lie personally, nor do any of my respectful sources who have kindly provided me knowledge regarding their own negative experiences.

And if you are now also now denying being an FVD dealer then why is it on your website? www.epictuning.co.uk

Maybe it's time to fess up to that at least and stop being a shill and become a paying sponsor as you should be.
I could not resist I have to respond to hopefully finish this **** once and for all.

Paul you come out with all these claims!

First of all you say I am a tricky person to deal with so please enlighten us all and back up what you are saying?

As far as I know I am very easy to deal with and have never had any problems with forum members.

Yes you did PM me in the past trying to put me off FVD tuning.

Lastly I have spent a lot of money with FVD as I love their products and have always had a great customer service from them.

Now because of their great products and great customer service over the years I thought what a great company to work with.

I asked them can I help you sell your products in the U.K. in the near future, so it's something that might happen, but I am not their dealer as yet and you can go check their website as the company that I set up would be on their distributor list, oh and the phone line would actually work.

So the bottom line is you are sticking your nose into my personal business and are trying to make me out to be a person I am not and far from being.

I am honest and don't lie and if you cant handle that, it is not my problem.

The only problem I do have is you bad mouthing products you have never ever tested in your own hands so who are you to be the dictator of what is good and what is not?

If it ain't good for Paul it's no good for anyone aye

Grow up and get a life you sad little keyboard warrior and stop trying to be a troll!!

Further more I am not selling anything therefore I do not need to be a paying sponsor and if I was I would be in a jiffy you ****!
Old 01-18-2014, 01:58 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GTRNICK
I could not resist I have to respond to hopefully finish this **** once and for all.

Paul you come out with all these claims!

First of all you say I am a tricky person to deal with so please enlighten us all and back up what you are saying?

As far as I know I am very easy to deal with and have never had any problems with forum members.

Yes you did PM me in the past trying to put me off FVD tuning.

Lastly I have spent a lot of money with FVD as I love their products and have always had a great customer service from them.

Now because of their great products and great customer service over the years I thought what a great company to work with.

I asked them can I help you sell your products in the U.K. in the near future, so it's something that might happen, but I am not their dealer as yet and you can go check their website as the company that I set up would be on their distributor list, oh and the phone line would actually work.

So the bottom line is you are sticking your nose into my personal business and are trying to make me out to be a person I am not and far from being.

I am honest and don't lie and if you cant handle that, it is not my problem.

The only problem I do have is you bad mouthing products you have never ever tested in your own hands so who are you to be the dictator of what is good and what is not?

If it ain't good for Paul it's no good for anyone aye

Grow up and get a life you sad little keyboard warrior and stop trying to be a troll!!

Further more I am not selling anything therefore I do not need to be a paying sponsor and if I was I would be in a jiffy you ****!
Your reply is just another dust storm, evading all previous reasonable questions asked whilst casting your usual insults, and your name calling isn't getting you anywhere outside of further exposing yourself as you are in breach of the charter here on RL.

Firstly when I obliged your PM you already had your FVD at that time and had asked what I had heard. I wasn't looking to sway you either way, just oblige you as per your request. You already had the FVD tune.

Secondly, why do you big note yourself as an FVD dealer as per your website if you have not been given the concession officially? More tricks I suppose?
Old 01-18-2014, 06:14 AM
GTRNICK
Racer

This vid is amazing!

It sums you up so well!

Old 01-18-2014, 01:14 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 515 Likes on 279 Posts

That is a great video!! I did not know such things existed!!!

I am just glad that this is the 997 TT "technical" forum...

PS: I am not picking sides.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:30 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That is too awesome.....
Old 01-18-2014, 07:16 PM
speed21
Banned

More tricks once again, to be expected from someone clearly caught with their trousers down for BS'ing and trying to suppress quality information. The irony with his latest trick (clip) is that it is more applicable to his own posting given the way he has come onto the thread trying to derail the topic, crying foul, making insults and trying to throw stones in an obvious bid to deflect the truth. Pathetic really.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:29 PM
ChrisAW
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Igooz
That is a great video!! I did not know such things existed!!!

I am just glad that this is the 997 TT "technical" forum...

PS: I am not picking sides.
Neither am I since the whole argument is annoying.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:37 PM
speed21
Banned

Agree it is very annoying. He should be honest or put it to bed and allow the topic back on track. Frankly he should go back to 6 where he says his fans are who evidently don't know enough about him.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:10 PM
GTRNICK
Racer

Agree it is very annoying. He should be honest or put it to bed and allow the topic back on track. Frankly he should go back to 6 where he says his fans are who evidently don't know enough about him.
Paul I don't have fans I am just liked by people as I usually have a nice demeanour about myself and usually very helpful if I can be except this time I got sucked down to your level which is one thing I am guilty of.

Fortunately I am lucky enough to use both forums where as for the moment you can only use this one.

If I was you I would take some time to reflect on what has happened here and think about what you have done and are trying to do.

I do apologise for a few of the names I called you as you did catch me on a bad day even though there was some element of truth, it was a bit harsh.

From now on I am not going to interfere in what you put across to members as I am sure they can judge what you say for themselves without me questioning it too.

Last edited by GTRNICK; 01-18-2014 at 08:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-18-2014, 08:29 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by GTRNICK
Paul I don't have fans I am just liked by people as I usually have a nice demeanour about myself and usually very helpful if I can be except this time I got sucked down to your level which is one things I am guilty of.

Fortunately I am lucky enough to use both forums where as for the moment you can only use this one.

If I was you I would take some time to reflect on what has happened here and think about what you have done and are trying to do.

I do apologise for a few of the names I called you as you did catch me on a bad day even though there was some element of truth, it was a bit harsh.

From now on I am not going to interfere in what you put across to members as I am sure they can judge what you say for themselves without me questioning it too.
Here we go again…

Nick you may be good with your tricks both on and off line trying to convince certain folk that you are some kind of "real deal", but by now I hope you realise it doesn't take much for me at all to find out who is who in the industry zoo, and I'm talking about the real world here. And, you are not the real deal at all, merely just a solo owner of a Porsche car that has happened to have spent money with a particular company, now hoping to canoodle them into believing you can do actually something for them as a scavenger on the trade. Frankly, when it comes to the parts industry anyone half smart seeking to buy anything would know they are far better emailing or picking up the phone to the source direct rather than feeding small fry parasites that essentially know nothing to very little at best.

Anyway, back to topic if we may.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:40 PM
GTRNICK
Racer

Here we go again…

Nick you may be good with your tricks both on and off line trying to convince certain folk that you are some kind of "real deal", but by now I hope you realise it doesn't take much for me at all to find out who is who in the industry zoo, and I'm talking about the real world here. And, you are not the real deal at all, merely just a solo owner of a Porsche car that has happened to have spent money with a particular company, now hoping to canoodle them into believing you can do actually something for them as a scavenger on the trade. Frankly, when it comes to the parts industry anyone half smart seeking to buy anything would know they are far better emailing or picking up the phone to the source direct rather than feeding small fry parasites that essentially know nothing to very little at best.

Anyway, back to topic if we may.
Good luck Paul.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:05 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Not on the open forum. Let's put it this way, if I had a bad experience, I would just eat the tune and move on as many on these boards do. Every time I've seen anyone speak out negatively on a (such and such) tune they get chopped down….not worth it.
I disagree.
Exchanging personal experiences, good and bad, is essential in a technical forum.

Regarding FVD, their HQ in Germany had no idea whatsoever how to make a proper DME upgrade for a GT3.
I've learned this the hard way.

That said, they do have good prices for certain parts and I've been a happy customer. But for an ECU tune; I'd definitely look elsewhere.

Best,
Old 01-19-2014, 06:50 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
I disagree.
Exchanging personal experiences, good and bad, is essential in a technical forum.

Regarding FVD, their HQ in Germany had no idea whatsoever how to make a proper DME upgrade for a GT3.
I've learned this the hard way.

That said, they do have good prices for certain parts and I've been a happy customer. But for an ECU tune; I'd definitely look elsewhere.

Best,
I would agree under the right environment sharing good and bad experiences can be of great benefit to a forum community however, my personal experiences (over on 6) has led me to the conclusion you are more often than not just better to keep your mouth shut and let BS claim the day. Maybe here on RL will prove different, I hope so. Those that know me know my word is reliable and I don't lay down without a fight for anyone (pets included) even at risk of banning.

Where FVD is concerned they have a range of product at reasonably competitive prices. Their tune doesn't happen to convince me at any money….even if they paid me.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:17 AM
John Welch.
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Its NEVER a good plan for someone trying to sell something to get into an argument on an internet forum.

That said, its still fun to watch....
Old 01-19-2014, 02:52 PM
Runner
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 112 Posts

My Porsche Technician trumps anything said on this forum, so I'm not influenced by anyone's bias. He has earned my trust and that counts.

I'm very excited about picking up my turbo on Tuesday from the shop. He installed the FVD tune and I'm told its a mean machine and that I'm going to love it.

Before the decision going with FVD; we sat down in his office and covered every detail about the different brands of tunes. His experience covered them all. Bottom line; he believes that FVD is the best overall value and would match up with my BBI exhaust great.

He has had problems with tunes before; but not FVD. So not sure what Speed21 is on; but it must be a mission.

I'll let y'all know the honest truth about this tune good or bad. Not a third part story teller.

Quick Reply: Need some ECU/Tuning advice