Sponsored by:

Need some ECU/Tuning advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 08:20 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GTRNICK
Thank God your not my brother, you would probably make me want to jump off a cliff if you were

Unfortunately PM'ing me a pile of cut up paragraphs is not going to prove to me that what you are saying is right Paul. So now when confronted about it you are acting sheepish and writing a lot of **** to get around the answers.

Why was you banned by 6 speed?

I rest my case.

P.S. FVD dealer - no not at this moment in time, not that its any of your business.
FYI I was banned due to answering a Personal Message sent to me from a disgruntled pet member of one of the key mods over there. The pet did not like my response (again made by PM as a private reply to him) yet said pet baited me for that very response. He then took my response to his friend mod to have me banned because he was unable handle the truth even though he would have known deep down what i said was 100% correct. But instead of manning up and stopping his BS nonsense he made our private matter public to his mod friend to get me that way. You see he wasn't able to have me banned on the public forums as I wasn't doing anything that warranted banning under their charter so he saw what he thought was an opportunity and took it. Incidentally there is nothing in 6"s charter that says the PM system is not private and, nor is there anything where private matters between members can be misused to have a person they aren't happy with banned. It was an extremely gutless and cowardly act for him to do to another member but this person has obvious insecurities and is unable to deal with them as a gentleman with the person he is having an issue with. Plus this is 6 we are talking about and it is clearly evident it is not what you know but who you know over there. I am not the only member that has said that, or has ever been banned on 6. In fact many many members have been banned unfairly on 6 as I have been so I am not alone or ashamed of any of my actions. You however speak of my banning as if it some kind of sinister reflection on my honesty and integrity as a person even though it has nothing to do with the discussion points raised.

I will comment further on my source regarding you being an FVD agent in UK later. I have better things to do with my time for now.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:09 AM
GTRNICK
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
FYI I was banned due to answering a Personal Message sent to me from a disgruntled pet member of one of the key mods over there. The pet did not like my response (again made by PM as a private reply to him) yet said pet baited me for that very response. He then took my response to his friend mod to have me banned because he was unable handle the truth even though he would have known deep down what i said was 100% correct. But instead of manning up and stopping his BS nonsense he made our private matter public to his mod friend to get me that way. You see he wasn't able to have me banned on the public forums as I wasn't doing anything that warranted banning under their charter so he saw what he thought was an opportunity and took it. Incidentally there is nothing in 6"s charter that says the PM system is not private and, nor is there anything where private matters between members can be misused to have a person they aren't happy with banned. It was an extremely gutless and cowardly act for him to do to another member but this person has obvious insecurities and is unable to deal with them as a gentleman with the person he is having an issue with. Plus this is 6 we are talking about and it is clearly evident it is not what you know but who you know over there. I am not the only member that has said that, or has ever been banned on 6. In fact many many members have been banned unfairly on 6 as I have been so I am not alone or ashamed of any of my actions. You however speak of my banning as if it some kind of sinister reflection on my honesty and integrity as a person even though it has nothing to do with the discussion points raised.

I will comment further on my source regarding you being an FVD agent in UK later. I have better things to do with my time for now.
You think you are honest but you are just full of ****. Seriously full of it. It's people like you that ruin forums hence why you were banned.

You don't just come on and give an opinion based on evidence instead you come on here and crucify over hear say. You are someone that is too easily led a bit like a puppet.

You can comment whatever you like do I care? not really.

I'm just sorry for the OP and others that have to read all this crap.

Anyway I'm gonna be off the forums for a while as like you say there are better things to do than to come on here and talk crap with you.

So happy typing Paul enjoy
Old 01-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56475569@N07/11964776423/http://www.flickr.com/photos/56475569@N07/11964776423/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/56475569@N07/, on Flickr
Old 01-15-2014, 02:26 PM
Runner
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 111 Posts

After much research and advise from my Porsche technician, I'm going with FVD!
Old 01-15-2014, 02:30 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh my this is getting to like "Real Porsche owners". It getting juicy, I think our ratings will go up now.

I think I'll go pick a fight with my wife for the next episode..
Old 01-15-2014, 07:35 PM
nuclearfishin
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by UT_farhan
Thanks everyone for their advice. Does anyone have any hard metrics on before/after results? That would probably be the best thing.
I've been taking real world measurements both before and after upgrades. I would normally run 11.7-12.2 for a 1/4 mile depending on weather and temps. The picture below is from the first time I ran with my GIAC race gas tune. That was the ONLY mod. Since then I've added a Fabspeed exhaust which feels like it add just as much power as the tune, but I won't have good numbers until warmer weather hits in the spring.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:46 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by phillipj
Oh my this is getting to like "Real Porsche owners". It getting juicy, I think our ratings will go up now. I think I'll go pick a fight with my wife for the next episode..
Post some pics!!
Old 01-16-2014, 07:48 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by GTRNICK
You think you are honest but you are just full of ****. Seriously full of it. It's people like you that ruin forums hence why you were banned.

You don't just come on and give an opinion based on evidence instead you come on here and crucify over hear say. You are someone that is too easily led a bit like a puppet.

You can comment whatever you like do I care? not really.

I'm just sorry for the OP and others that have to read all this crap.

Anyway I'm gonna be off the forums for a while as like you say there are better things to do than to come on here and talk crap with you.

So happy typing Paul enjoy
You refuse to answer reasonable questions asked and continue with your insults and rage in a desperate bid to kick up dust. These do not appear to me to be the actions of a user, instead someone with a vested interest, so please be honest with the members.

I have been told you are a very tricky person to deal with and you are demonstrating that to me here as well. Tricky behaviour won't cut it.

I recall PM'ing you a long time ago and told you at that stage the names of my sources are protected, provided you certain information pertaining to their experiences. That is correct. That situation remains unchanged however it is not the end of the world because you can quite easily refer to the last member who posted on 6 about removing his FVD tune but you don't want to do that because the answer will only make it worse for you, and you desperately need that lid kept on pandoras box as long as possible. Vested interest again.

People don't junk out of tunes without good reason. Porsche owners are generally not silly people. Please go back and redirect your anger and questions toward those that have openly posted and stop insulting all other folk for speaking up.

I have no reason to lie personally, nor do any of my respectful sources who have kindly provided me knowledge regarding their own negative experiences.

And if you are now also now denying being an FVD dealer then why is it on your website? www.epictuning.co.uk

Maybe it's time to fess up to that at least and stop being a shill and become a paying sponsor as you should be.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:50 PM
Runner
Rennlist Member

I'm going to bet that all tuner brands have had a terrible experience with a customer at one time or another. It's in the nature of this type of product.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:49 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Runner
I'm going to bet that all tuner brands have had a terrible experience with a customer at one time or another. It's in the nature of this type of product.
With all due respect I wouldn't be so bold as to make that general assumption. Each and every complaint has to be treated individually and based on its own merits. To pigeon hole every tuning product is not the best way of viewing the situation at all.

The market always speaks at one point and "the word" gets out be it openly or behind closed doors. The drums beat in the jungle as they say!

There are a number of tuning products that have been out for a very long time where the jungle drums have remained silent to this very day. That says a lot. i.e there are not so good, good, better again and then there are brilliant.

As a user/purchaser it ultimately depends on how you wish to manage your own set of expectations. Many users may not be sufficiently intuitive as well. I have read of blown engines at the racetrack where users have evidently continued using their car not feeling anything adverse whereas others have read the tell tale signs in time and ceased operation.

Personally I don't rely on the fancy marketing talk and assurances of anyone promoting the sale of a product they have a vested interest in, especially in these types of AM products, instead rely more so upon the "beating of the drums" as the ultimate litmus test. When the story or reported compliant is the same every time then one could fairly deduce there must be some truth in that.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:42 PM
nuclearfishin
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Let me offer a little different perspective when shopping for a tune. I didn't try and evaluate individual software companies, I chose based on who I wanted to take care of my car. I narrowed it down to three companies, EVOMS, Switzer, and Wright Motorsport. Switzer and WMS were both local here in Ohio so I decided I'd go with one of those two. Both have a long reputation of working with Porsche and either would be a great choice. Switzer uses Protomotive and WMS uses GIAC. I knew I could trust either with whatever software they supported and that they would get the car running properly within safe limits. Ultimately I chose WMS and GIAC based on their reputation and my trust in them to not only install the tune, but also perform future upgrades which would compliment the tune.

Invest in reputable shop you trust, not who writes the lines of code for your tune.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:35 PM
Runner
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nuclearfishin
Let me offer a little different perspective when shopping for a tune. I didn't try and evaluate individual software companies, I chose based on who I wanted to take care of my car. I narrowed it down to three companies, EVOMS, Switzer, and Wright Motorsport. Switzer and WMS were both local here in Ohio so I decided I'd go with one of those two. Both have a long reputation of working with Porsche and either would be a great choice. Switzer uses Protomotive and WMS uses GIAC. I knew I could trust either with whatever software they supported and that they would get the car running properly within safe limits. Ultimately I chose WMS and GIAC based on their reputation and my trust in them to not only install the tune, but also perform future upgrades which would compliment the tune. Invest in reputable shop you trust, not who writes the lines of code for your tune.
Invest in my reputable shop is exactly what I did and was advised to go with VFD! I'm sure it will be awesome because my shop is awesome. Can't wait to experience the awesome tune! Can't wait to track my car with the awesome tune.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:00 PM
Runner
Rennlist Member

FVD that is!
Old 01-16-2014, 09:51 PM
UT_farhan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nuclearfishin

Invest in reputable shop you trust, not who writes the lines of code for your tune.
Good way to look at things, and probably the way I'll go. If the dealership will handle this and honor my CPO, that'll probably be my best best.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:17 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Around here, any major repair under warranty involves a zone rep. The latest generation of dealer software is apparently capable of detecting modified parameters in the ECU and guess what, no warranty. I am told that they only way to avoid this problem is to have two ECUs, one "tuned" and the other stock. If something goes wrong, reinstall the stock ECU. This is kinda fraudulent mind you ..

Quick Reply: Need some ECU/Tuning advice