Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I buy this 997 DME results inside

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 09:26 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

My car had over revs via durametric but once at the dealer I asked the tech and he said it looked normal. He did not say anything about my range 4 and 5. I told him I have a durametric tester he smiled.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:14 AM
JJM1970
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by phillipj
The DME is the cars electronic brain.. Another word for "ECU". The DME can be read only with the Dealers PIWIS tool.. It will show a history of hours on the engine and how it was driven..It may also show if the ECU has been altered (like a "flash".) Any range 5 or especially range 6 readings are a possible red flag to people buying the car..

Anytime that a prospective buyer is thinking of buying a TT or any other Porsche they should have the DME read.. This can avoid buying a car that has been abused of heavily tracked..

Dealers will always tell you the car has been babied and never tracked.. The DME scan will tell the truth..

Hope this helps..
It certainly does help, thank you! I've spent too many hours in this section of the forum over the past few days trying to get smart.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:38 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

^go and drive all these cars and decide. Drive them as much as you can before you make a commitment. And if you buy a pcar then become and RL "member" and also join PCA. If you go Beemer route then join BMWCCA...don't let the salesman talk you into anything.

Of course, you should buy a 997.1 TT/MT!

Quick Reply: Should I buy this 997 DME results inside