Sponsored by:

Nav TV ipod interface

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 11:42 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav TV ipod interface

Finally had the dealer do a couple of mods that I couldn't get done at delivery.
First I had the OPi-P iPod interface installed, built by Nav-TV. Very slick install, the unit sits in the center console/armrest and continuously charges. There is a on screen display of all the ipod data, including playlists, artists, albums etc. Seems pretty easy to use so far, I can make a better evaluation in a couple of weeks. No bugs so far. My only gripe, it was a bit pricey at $899 installed. As long as it works well I'm ok with it.
I also did the clear bra on the front nose only. I can't bring myself to do the line across the hood. Although I will give it a few days, I might change my mind about the rest.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:58 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,156 Likes on 571 Posts

Doug, how is the NAV TV unit different or better than the Denison? Who did the install?
Old 08-07-2007, 12:15 AM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Gene I'm not sure about the differences, from what I have read online this interface is more user friendly, otherwise similar units. The install is very slick, nothing is visible anywhere. Carlos arranged it with IME Audo Visual (Randy?). Call Carlos for details, I'm quite happy with it.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:58 AM
kennygoodboy
Instructor

TT - I had the nav-tv install as well and am generally happy with it (mine was $850...same ballpark). I have mine setup through the glove box...very slick as you mentioned. Question for you - are you able to play in random mode? I cant seem to make it work through PCM and its a little annoying as all the songs in the playlist come out in abc order by artist. It takes forever to hear Warren Zevon!
Old 08-07-2007, 01:10 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Finally had the dealer do a couple of mods that I couldn't get done at delivery.
First I had the OPi-P iPod interface installed, built by Nav-TV. Very slick install, the unit sits in the center console/armrest and continuously charges. There is a on screen display of all the ipod data, including playlists, artists, albums etc. Seems pretty easy to use so far, I can make a better evaluation in a couple of weeks. No bugs so far. My only gripe, it was a bit pricey at $899 installed. As long as it works well I'm ok with it.
I also did the clear bra on the front nose only. I can't bring myself to do the line across the hood. Although I will give it a few days, I might change my mind about the rest.

you can now get the clear bra to cover the entire hood not just a portion of the hood.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:16 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Originally Posted by kennygoodboy
TT - I had the nav-tv install as well and am generally happy with it (mine was $850...same ballpark). I have mine setup through the glove box...very slick as you mentioned. Question for you - are you able to play in random mode? I cant seem to make it work through PCM and its a little annoying as all the songs in the playlist come out in abc order by artist. It takes forever to hear Warren Zevon!
Yes Mine seems to work in the random mode, but it wants to play random from a certain artist or album unless I switch to genre. I haven't figured out how to get the entire ipod to shuffle play yet ..
Old 08-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Vincy
Advanced

Default Pictures

Does it change the interior? Pictures?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:03 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

It displays your playlists etc., just like the other unit. Unfortunately, I don't have any videos or pics on my ipod. Does that answer your question?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Vincy
Advanced

It displays your playlists etc., just like the other unit. Unfortunately, I don't have any videos or pics on my ipod. Does that answer your question?
Is it invisible? Or a mod to the dash? thanks
Old 08-08-2007, 09:13 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Default Update

I have always been a skeptic of the whole clear bra thing, but there seems to be no Porsche leather bras anymore, I gave it a shot on the nose only. Well, they did a really good job, you can hardly notice the line. So I decided to get the rest of the thing done (1/3 hood, fender fronts and mirrors). All I can say is WOW! Why didn't I do this before?!! You can barely tell the lines at all unless you are a couple of feet away. These guys did a great job (ClearTech Pro in Houston). Very professional. I have the 3M product in a kit form, the Venture shield is also supposed to be very good. Either way you can't go wrong. Ahhh peace of mind....

The Nav TV iPod interface is working good too!
Old 08-08-2007, 09:16 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Originally Posted by Vincy
Is it invisible? Or a mod to the dash? thanks
Dude it's totally invisible and interfaced into your Nav screen, just tap the CD button twice and you're into the ipod. The ipod itself sits in the armrest console or the glovebox, or anywhere it can plug in and charge. Very slick.(sorry about the crappy pic).

Last edited by TT Gasman; 08-08-2007 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:51 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,156 Likes on 571 Posts

I have always been a skeptic of the whole clear bra thing, but there seems to be no Porsche leather bras anymore, I gave it a shot on the nose only. Well, they did a really good job, you can hardly notice the line. So I decided to get the rest of the thing done (1/3 hood, fender fronts and mirrors). All I can say is WOW! Why didn't I do this before?!! You can barely tell the lines at all unless you are a couple of feet away. These guys did a great job (ClearTech Pro in Houston). Very professional. I have the 3M product in a kit form, the Venture shield is also supposed to be very good. Either way you can't go wrong. Ahhh peace of mind....

The Nav TV iPod interface is working good too!
Bit by bit you are heading towards the the inevitable ecu + exhaust mods
Old 08-09-2007, 01:01 AM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Not sure about an ecu, but what was that other thing you mentioned...
Old 08-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sooner or later you will regret not doing the whole hood in clear bra.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:22 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I also have the Nav-Tv iPod interface in my 997S. I've had it for 5 months now and I love it. No problems whatsoever.

There was a thread on this a while back. Here's the link:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turbo-forum/344392-ipod-adapter.html

Quick Reply: Nav TV ipod interface