Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White TT for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 05:53 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes that is a nice car. But I'm not in the market for a new one right now.. I think it is sooooo interesting that many of you think that 27k miles is high! I bought mine with 38k and now it has 65k and it is flawless! It' a Porsche! It's okay to have some miles on it!

Love the OZ wheels on the white....

Awesome JD! perfect! I couldn't have said it better....
Old 09-02-2013, 08:09 PM
ronole
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
This is how it works around here;

When buying:
1. Anything over 1,000/yr is considered high miles
2. Mods are horrible car killers
3. Any kind of paintwork is the devil
4. Carfax is the Bible, Torah & Koran (pick one or two but never all three)
5. No CPO means that everything will break within a week of purchase
6. My mechanic knows everything
7. PPI's mean everything
8. DME read outs are 110% necessary

When selling:
1. High mile cars are the best because it means that they've been driven. You know, to counter the cellular breakdown of all the rubber components. Rubber does have a finite lifespan and every Porsche owner knows that!
2. Modifications are awesome extensions of Stuttgart's engineering thought process and therefore can do nothing but increase power and panty droppness.
3. Repainted bumpers are a plus because I've already done ALL the work for you at my expense.
4. Carfax means nothing as do the words:
Mileage discrepancy
Rebuilt title
Accident reported
5. Nothing ever breaks, it's a Porsche! Buy with confidence. No warranty needed.
6. Your mechanic is a fu$king moron
for recommending that a 30K service should be performed at +/- 5,000 miles of 30K. Meaning that at 40K a 30K was not necessary.
7. No need for a PPI, I'm a lawyer, doctor, used car flipper and I didn't get one when I bought the car.
8. What's a DME readout?

These are some mental notes that I've taken after approximately 6 years and 6 Porsches.

PM me if I've missed anything...
JD - This is classic! Really enjoyed your European trip thread also.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:17 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ronole

JD - This is classic! Really enjoyed your European trip thread also.
Glad I can be of assistance to others, especially those that weren't born and raised here on Rennlist. One day you'll be subjected to my diatribe on other non worldly assumptions of cars and the jerk offs that buy, drive and try to sell them to us.

...and as the the honorable Paul Harvey said "And now you know the rest of the story."

But for now, to all a goodnight..
Old 09-03-2013, 12:31 AM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

JDHertz11 you hit the nail on the head!
Old 09-03-2013, 11:05 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

My extended warranty just picked-up the full $688.00 tab to replace my leaking TIP seal and trans fluids so it's worth it to me. I also had the plugs replaced (27K on the odo), one had actually seized/bonded and almost broke in the head. Two of my TPMS sensors also went bad so I replaced them too; all four.

IMO if you keep up with the Porsche recommended service intervals you should be fine. Buying a used Porsche (any model/year) is like buying a used airplane. You must thoroughly investigate and know in advance before purchasing what maintenance has/has not been performed, when it was performed, and what is now or soon will be required. If it's not documented, or it's unavailable there's a reason, move on to the next one.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:58 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Holli82
I don't think that 27K on 6 year old car is a lot. Lets see what the market says.
I always thought the rule of thumb when buying Porsches was 3 to 5k a year was average mileage. Considering I always exceed 5k a year, I think it's just logical to look for a lower mileage example so I can bring it to "average" before I sell and find the next unicorn

YMMV,
Scott
Old 09-03-2013, 06:02 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

JD excellent post dont forget to add.

A car that is tracked is abused by its owner, not properly maintained and will have significant over-revs.

Also one's car is worth 10k more than they would be willing to pay for it.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:32 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by eurotom

A car that is tracked is abused by its owner, not properly maintained and will have significant over-revs.
I would think track cars are lot more religiously maintained than the stock garage queens so I would have to disagree with you here.

Would I buy a track car, probably not, but having said that, there's nothing wrong with buying a track car as long as they check out OK and the new buyer is fine with it.

There are several reasons for over revs and street cars are not immune to them either.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:38 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
I would think track cars are lot more religiously maintained than the stock garage queens so I would have to disagree with you here.

Would I buy a track car, probably not, but having said that, there's nothing wrong with buying a track car as long as they check out OK and the new buyer is fine with it.

There are several reasons for over revs and street cars are not immune to them either.
I guess you missed my sarcasm but I agree that is exactly what I meant by my post
Old 09-03-2013, 07:02 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

I guess you missed my sarcasm but I agree that is exactly what I meant by my post
Come on minion members... get it together, no infighting. How will we completely manipulate the buyer/ seller market without staying strong, staying together!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 516 Likes on 279 Posts

JD, do you care to comment on Tiptronic and PCCB?

They are the biggest POS, unmanly, for "wimps-only" options on the face of the earth when buying a TT; But life-savers and "hands on the wheel, eyes on the road" options and best invention since slice bread when selling?

Last edited by Igooz; 09-03-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:34 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 185 Posts

Sure did, my bad what the heck was I thinking
Old 09-03-2013, 11:20 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Originally Posted by Igooz
JD, do you care to comment on Tiptronic and PCCB?

They are biggest POS, unmanly, for "wimps-only" options on the face of the earth when buying at TT; But life-savers and "hands on the wheel, eyes on the road" options and best since slice bread when selling?
Let me warm up with the mighty Tiptronic. Here is how I think the buyer/ seller would see things:

As a buyer:
if you're buying a car with a Tip you'll want to throw out racial slurs, talk about the sellers mother etc. this way he/ she will know that they would have been better off giving birth to a sloth due to its tiger like reflexes compared to the Tip...

As a seller:
The for sale ad will read as follows "20XX Porscha 1 of 1,677 built with Cannibal Red leather and beautifully contrasting Urine Giallo Metallic paint. This rocket ship was personally ordered by Jerry Smithfield with the incredible Tiptronic transmission. Everyone knows that Jerry loves the speed at which this transmission shifts as evidenced by his praise when describing it in the first episode of Cardiologists in Cars Protesting Coffee while piloting his Split window Beetle. You'd be foolish not to buy this car with all Tiptronic Porschas appreciating by double digits daily, no need for that over rated PDK"

PCCB's next at 10...
Old 09-03-2013, 11:36 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 83 Posts

For sure you had at least three coladas
Old 09-04-2013, 09:40 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Originally Posted by atcbi5
For sure you had at least three coladas