Sponsored by:

Which would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 05:17 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Igooz
Yep...check both cars out and decide. See what you like more. It is good to not be in love with a car prior to purchase. It helps with negotiation!

IMO: PCCBs are the best brakes for performance and wear if they inspect ok. I will always do PCCBs.

As far as seats, you may not need *** and base maybe OK. It sometimes depends on your body size too.

Good luck!
Thanks Igooz! To your point, as of right now I think I am really loving the black one. The colour is definitely a huge part of it, but I also like the lower KM's, the fact it's a CDN car, a 2008 vs 2007 and it has 1yr of CPO warranty left on it.

Originally Posted by aa909
agree, never helps to be in love with a car during negotiations. flip side is if you're not in love with it then it's hard to justify parting with $70K-$80K for a car you "like" and don't absolutely Love!
Im hoping this doesn't show during my viewing tomorrow.

At the end of the day, price will dicatate whether or not I go with the back 997TT. Silver has a better overall package and a price point I am comfortable negotiating with.

As of right now there is a $6,900 difference between the 2 cars - that's quite the gap. I would be surprised if the dealer holding the black turbo would come down that much - I'll find out tomorrow!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:35 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 07_RS4
Thanks Igooz! To your point, as of right now I think I am really loving the black one. The colour is definitely a huge part of it, but I also like the lower KM's, the fact it's a CDN car, a 2008 vs 2007 and it has 1yr of CPO warranty left on it.

Im hoping this doesn't show during my viewing tomorrow.

At the end of the day, price will dicatate whether or not I go with the back 997TT. Silver has a better overall package and a price point I am comfortable negotiating with.

As of right now there is a $6,900 difference between the 2 cars - that's quite the gap. I would be surprised if the dealer holding the black turbo would come down that much - I'll find out tomorrow!
Good luck tomorrow! And remember you're not buying a Toyota so IMO buy the one you love even if you need to stretch $1K-$2K.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:46 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Originally Posted by aa909
Good luck tomorrow! And remember you're not buying a Toyota so IMO buy the one you love even if you need to stretch $1K-$2K.
Thanks aa909!

That's the attitude I am going in with on this purchase!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

We need to get some bets going here....which one is he going to buy?

I have money on the black one!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:32 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Pccbs.My tts had em, they were great but I always feared the replacement cost. Probably unwarranted. In theory they should last as long over 100k.
2:1 black, cdn/color/08/cpo.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:41 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Pccbs.My tts had em, they were great but I always feared the replacement cost. Probably unwarranted. In theory they should last as long over 100k.
2:1 black, cdn/color/08/cpo.
but the swirls THE SWIRLS!! THE HORROR!! LOL!
Old 07-24-2013, 08:00 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Omg I know!
Old 07-24-2013, 08:06 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

PCCB=fewer swirls believe me!
Old 07-25-2013, 12:05 AM
Goldstar
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Appreciate the feedback. I noticed the plate on the car as well, but didn't think too much about it. I did ask why the car was not on their website and they were surprised. I plan to go see the Mtl car tomorrow and will ask more questions then.
What were they surprised about?
Why are they listing a "plated" car which is not listed on their site..
Don't know what it's worth but something fishy about it.

I think most buyers are over the worthless difference whether the car originated in Canada or USA. It's the same car and there is a better selection in the south. Our market of "local" cars is very limited.
However a Quebec car always requires deeper inquiry and most dealers/purchasers in Ontario knock the value somewhat because many cars from Quebec tend to have clouds in their history.

Don't get excited about the car and make any move without doing your due diligence. You will appreciate the effort in the long run.
You can always buy an aftermarket warranty, personally I don't think you need one. The cars are pretty bulletproof and both have reasonably low Km.

In terms of value, the silver car seems to be optioned with about $20K more in options than the black one and that will always factor into future value as well.
Personally, I would not consider a car without adaptable seats. This was a fairly expensive option but IMHO makes a huge difference in comfort, adjustability and grip. Much more confidence inspiring. The PCCB's are a huge bonus and will likely outlast your relationship with the car.

Enjoy the process and "try" to stay cool and levelheaded.
Best of luck, keep us all posted.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:09 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Just curious, I don't know Canada at all, what different about Quebec?
Old 07-25-2013, 07:38 AM
Goldstar
Racer

Appreciate the feedback. I noticed the plate on the car as well, but didn't think too much about it. I did ask why the car was not on their website and they were surprised. I plan to go see the Mtl car tomorrow and will ask more questions then.
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Just curious, I don't know Canada at all, what different about Quebec?
This link should give you a feel for it.

https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...in-quebec.html
Old 07-25-2013, 08:09 AM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Originally Posted by Goldstar
What were they surprised about?
Why are they listing a "plated" car which is not listed on their site..
Don't know what it's worth but something fishy about it.

I think most buyers are over the worthless difference whether the car originated in Canada or USA. It's the same car and there is a better selection in the south. Our market of "local" cars is very limited.
However a Quebec car always requires deeper inquiry and most dealers/purchasers in Ontario knock the value somewhat because many cars from Quebec tend to have clouds in their history.

Don't get excited about the car and make any move without doing your due diligence. You will appreciate the effort in the long run.
You can always buy an aftermarket warranty, personally I don't think you need one. The cars are pretty bulletproof and both have reasonably low Km.

In terms of value, the silver car seems to be optioned with about $20K more in options than the black one and that will always factor into future value as well.
Personally, I would not consider a car without adaptable seats. This was a fairly expensive option but IMHO makes a huge difference in comfort, adjustability and grip. Much more confidence inspiring. The PCCB's are a huge bonus and will likely outlast your relationship with the car.

Enjoy the process and "try" to stay cool and levelheaded.
Best of luck, keep us all posted.
The sales rep seemed surprised when I said I could not locate the car on their website, said he would look into it, because it should be on their.

Although I did mention in my criteria that this particular car being a Cdn model was a factor, it's not a deal maker - I can most certainly live with a U.S. no problem.

I do have my concerns about the car originating and being from Quebec, I have heard the horror stories. I plan to do my research and do it thoroughly. They sent me a Car Proof, and based on that document, the car is clean however, not enough for me to jump all over it.

The good thing is Montreal is a short trip for me, so I am not risking anything by going to view and discuss the car with this dealer. I have a feeling the price i am willing to pay vs what they are asking and perhaps will go down to, will halt negotiations rather quickly. I am using he silver car as an example of price I am willing to negotiate from - we'll see how they feel about that. Might be a quick visit!

I'll be sure to report back!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:17 AM
Goldstar
Racer

Is the dealer the current title holder on the CarProof?
Old 07-25-2013, 09:58 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

This link should give you a feel for it.

https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...in-quebec.html
wow, had no idea
Old 07-25-2013, 05:40 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Is the dealer the current title holder on the CarProof?
According to the dealer, they are the current title holder. I have the Car Proof but can't seem to find where it would confirm that information? They sent it to me in an e-mail, so I can't copy, save and paste it inot to here to have people take a look at it.

Do you know where I should be checking to confirm that info?

Quick Reply: Which would you choose?