Sponsored by:

997TT Techart exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 01:10 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Keep in mind, EP is much quieter than any of the exhausts you have had on your car.
Plus, a new EP is around 4500$, and you just spent 4k on a used ta?
Christ,

I didn't pay anything for the TA exhaust, I trade it for my 911tune exhaust + shipping to Dubai so we can say I paid $3700 for the Techart exhaust.

What about the EP2?
Old 05-13-2013, 01:13 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by rijowysock
FWIW, why couldn't 911tune change your system to a cat system?

why not go down the road of trying to add some anti foulers.. they would have worked... it's just the sensor is too far into the exhaust stream.
I asked Mark and he told me that he wasn't sure if they will work... So I didn't wanna spend $300 in anti foulers...
Old 05-13-2013, 01:20 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by rijowysock

unfortunately they are here to read and enjoy... so they click your posts to read/offer help...

sometimes people feel like "enough is enough"..

I'm not bothering anyone in here... If someone feel like enough is enough they can just add me to the ignore list like I already did to him so he doesn't get "burn out"

I have the feeling that you are getting burn out too so feel free to ignore my threads.

I'm here to enjoy too and is very hard to enjoy when someone keeps trashing everything you do, if I have to live in the st tomorrow because I spend all my money in exhausts that would be my problem.

Last edited by Leo997TT; 05-13-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:35 AM
Nomak
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TA is not real performance exhaust IMO
Old 05-13-2013, 02:00 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Leo997TT
I asked Mark and he told me that he wasn't sure if they will work... So I didn't wanna spend $300 in anti foulers...
i showed you a link where you could make them yourself for less than $5 each, it's been done for over a decade... a very easy task...

i'm not getting tired of the threads, i see where you are coming from and much enthusiasm for the car... but sometimes it's simpler to search than ask... because when you have a serious question retaining to something very important, you will need the knowledgeable people here to help..

sometimes very small things cause big problems and people that have dealt with them before can help very quickly/easily.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:23 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

Someone must right lessons learned in a brief paragraph so that future modifiers can avoid the many pitfalls. Better yet, I think it should be a book with title " 997TT the many modifiers pitfalls". With a large intro and big section on whom to avoid as tuners. List all of the aftermarket wheel makers along with MP3/Iphone integration useless devices being sold. Throw in the casual leather care "conditioners" along with the nano technology wizardry and let’s not forget the critically acclaimed horsepower gains attained by slapping on some exhaust mufflers. Keep it real guys, stock is the way to go. The Porsche way.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:16 AM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow, what a thread this turned out to be.

Leo, don't be offended !
Read the comments again without getting upset and I am sure you will realize it was only meant to save you some money. We (enthusiasts) can and do get lost in the mod bug. It is all fun until you reach a point where you lose the essence of the car and say 'what did I do, I wasted all this money'. Next you'll get upset and sell the car (usually at a big loss).
Final step is 'Porsche is stupid and a money pit'. All this has happened to many other enthusiasts. So take it easy and you'll be here for a long time with a great car ! Don't run away.

Art, I think Leo is Spanish speaking and therefore English conjugations aren't that simple. He and I are writing in a foreign language and I think we are doing pretty okay.
I take great care trying to use correct wording but sometimes we foreign language speakers mess up. Hope you can forgive
Old 05-13-2013, 07:40 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Nomak
TA is not real performance exhaust IMO
Looking at the EP1 alongside the Techart I think you are on to something here Nomak.... Looking at the size of cats and the restriction where the outlets are reduced from the muffler there can be no question one will perform better than the other. And from what i am aware of that's just one of the reasons why the owner got rid of it. But i was told the TA did make some reasonably good noise from 4K up.... so that's some consolation for this particular exercise.

Now re your journey Leo i don't want to get tangled up in it other than just sit back and enjoy your posts and the general entertainment that goes along with them. It's a great story mate so don't let anyone spoil the fun. Either way you obviously had to shake that other new system because of the CEL's and so forth so if you traded out of it and reduced the collateral damage then that can only be a good thing under the circumstances....

I await the next part of the story in eagerness. Keep us all posted OK.

PS. Nomak i guess if the EP1 makes the car 6 car lengths slower than stock as per your mates colourful story with that gutted out EP (or whatever it really was) I can only just imagine how many cars lengths the Techart will fall behind the stock unit . JK. Couldn't help myself....
Old 05-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by speed21

Now re your journey Leo i don't want to get tangled up in it other than just sit back and enjoy your posts and the general entertainment that goes along with them. It's a great story mate so don't let anyone spoil the fun. Either way you obviously had to shake that other new system because of the CEL's and so forth so if you traded out of it and reduced the collateral damage then that can only be a good thing under the circumstances....

I await the next part of the story in eagerness. Keep us all posted OK.
Finally somebody appreciate my hard work lol

I will try this exhaust and if I don't like it, I will get EP1 or EP2... And if I don't like EP, I will just get bigger speakers for my car and play a formula 1 DVD every time I drive my car :-)
Old 05-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by Denis with his turbo
Wow, what a thread this turned out to be.

Art, I think Leo is Spanish speaking and therefore English conjugations aren't that simple. He and I are writing in a foreign language and I think we are doing pretty okay.
I take great care trying to use correct wording but sometimes we foreign language speakers mess up. Hope you can forgive
I do speak Spanish but is not my first language ;-) Portuguese will be my first language but you got it right.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:28 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

I was waiting for you to answer lol

For how much can you sell a used 911tune xpipes exhaust catless?

Let's say $2000 if you are lucky (new goes for $2999)

Used Techart exhaust with 200 cels cat

$4000 more or less (new goes for $6000)

What would be easier to sell?

Techart exhaust. Why?

Because it's not catless and the name is more commercial (i still like 911tune)

I already told you i was -$400 because i was lucky enough to sell all those parts for a decent price.

I'm going to install this exhaust in my car and see how i like it but i still want to buy Europipe for my car.

We can add my new rims OZ too but i'm keeping those....
Forget the money...I shouldn't be worrying about your money anyway. I was more concerned that the frequent on/off of parts isn't going to allow you to determine what works best for you to achieve your performance goals.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:39 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Christ,

I didn't pay anything for the TA exhaust, I trade it for my 911tune exhaust + shipping to Dubai so we can say I paid $3700 for the Techart exhaust.

What about the EP2?
I think the EP2 is still quieter than what you've had on your car.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:06 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon

I think the EP2 is still quieter than what you've had on your car.
I know.. 20/ or 30/ is not too much... But the xpipes were not loud at all... I will say 15/

I have a video if you guys are not too burn out lmao
Old 05-15-2013, 01:43 AM
speed21
Banned

I know.. 20/ or 30/ is not too much... But the xpipes were not loud at all... I will say 15/

I have a video if you guys are not too burn out lmao
No keep it comming. Love to see/hear it.

Btw re the "loudness" what i've found is there is inside volume and exterior volume. Not to be confused. Just because a particular sytem is quieter in the inside of the car doesn't mean it is that quiet on the outside. That is to me the sign of a good system. I've heard a few systems now. Unless you are talking straight pipe the diferences to me really arent that noticeable. What can give a semblance of more volume is often just a lousy note that you tend to pay more attention to mainly because it is offensive to the ears.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:52 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by speed21

No keep it comming. Love to see/hear it.

Btw re the "loudness" what i've found is there is inside volume and exterior volume. Not to be confused. Just because a particular sytem is quieter in the inside of the car doesn't mean it is that quiet on the outside. That is to me the sign of a good system. I've heard a few systems now. Unless you are talking straight pipe the diferences to me really arent that noticeable. What can give a semblance of more volume is often just a lousy note that you tend to pay more attention to mainly because it is offensive to the ears.
Ok tomorrow I will post it because I can't do it from my phone.

To be Honest with you the 911tune xpipes wasn't loud in the interior at all... But it was louder in the exterior (15/ more than stock)

I read too many good things about EP... It's a must to have it for me at this point. I know Christ didn't really like it but maybe is because his exhaust wasn't good? I mean no every exhaust are the same right? Maybe you had bad luck? Is that possible?

I feel like making some more drama in the 997TT forum, I'm going to open a thread call "Europipe good or overrated? Lol Paul that thread will take away a lot of your free time lol just JK

Quick Reply: 997TT Techart exhaust