Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying Advice : this 2008 TT

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 09:05 PM
aminewyork
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Unfort it's not condensation in the lens.. the driver's side is slightly color distorted. I'm speculating here but my guess, since this car was owned in South Carolina and driven a lot, perhaps the owner parked it in the same spot every day at work and the sun got to it.

All moot now as dealer is replacing both for me (at no charge) so I'm satisfied with that.

Looks like I've finally joined the 997 tt club!

Originally Posted by phillipj
Good car but like others said the seats are a deal killer for me.. Not the miles.. If it's condensation in the llamp and not the lenses they cannot be rehabilitated.. If that is crucial for you I would make sure about this.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:11 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

comgrats, hopefully negotiated as well... their price wasn't far off their bottom line, but a grand saved is a grand earned and the replacement is awesome.. they just tricked the warranty and got it done.. smart on them/

i feel close to that vehicle.. it was at the top of my list, but the pricing kept me from buying it... but if i had your list of "must haves" it would have been a done deal.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:30 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

tough crowd!
Old 04-11-2013, 12:28 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats!
Old 04-11-2013, 06:22 AM
aminewyork
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I hear you. I look at cars every day and yet I've only ever bought the car that I instantly felt something about. Was the way with all the current cars I have and it's served me this well so far.

Knock on wood that I picked a winner

Originally Posted by rijowysock
comgrats, hopefully negotiated as well... their price wasn't far off their bottom line, but a grand saved is a grand earned and the replacement is awesome.. they just tricked the warranty and got it done.. smart on them/

i feel close to that vehicle.. it was at the top of my list, but the pricing kept me from buying it... but if i had your list of "must haves" it would have been a done deal.

Quick Reply: Buying Advice : this 2008 TT