Sponsored by:

RUF r turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 05:06 PM
ruf01
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RUF r turbo

Hey guys, new around here, but been around porsche's for years. I currently own a 2007 997 ruf rturbo conversion. The car as 23k miles and is very very clean. As far as options from the factory are concerned it has just about everything ticked off including rear diff, sport chrono, and leather package. The ruf package consists of ecu tune, ruf suspension, ruf exhaust, ruf sway, lightened flywheel and clutch, as well as carbon fiber spoiler and boot lid...

Here are some pics.

Anyways, i'm considering selling..not entirely sure as the car is an awesome piece of machinary, but i am curious what the market on something like this will fetch. I'd like to get some feedback.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:09 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Beautiful car.. How much are you looking for?
Old 01-30-2013, 05:17 PM
ruf01
Advanced

I pm'd you...i don't want this to turn into a "for sale thread"...just wanted to introduce myself and perhaps get some feedback on where the market is for this type of car. The RUF bits cost and arm and leg so i'm guessing a premium should be expected over a garden variety oem factory turbo.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:24 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Where are you located and where was the conversion done?
Old 01-30-2013, 05:32 PM
ruf01
Advanced

Im in Vancouver BC, the conversion was done at the RUF auto center in Dallas Texas, before the move to Southfield Michigan.
I also had gt2 style red tailights as well as smoked sidemarkers installed which you can't see in the pics...i haven't taken any recent pics as the weather has been miserable up here and the car has sat under a cover in the garage for the past 3 months...lol
Old 01-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Marshy
Racer

ruf01,

Gorgeous car ! Love the wheels and brake setup.

It's a difficult call as to what extra value the R Turbo specification brings to your vehicle. It's not a rare modification, but not common either. Certainly if there is documentation to back up the fact that RAC Dallas modified the vehicle this will be a plus to a potential buyer looking to own a RUF-modified car.

A general rule of thumb echoed on the 993 turbo forum when it comes to the resale of the 993 RUF Turbo R platform is to not expect to recoup more than 50% of the cost of the mods. If you are the 2nd owner after the mods have been installed this will likely be even less.

For your vehicle in stock configuration, you'd likely be able to sell for between $70-80,000. Other 997TT owners on this forum may be able to give you a more specific price so I defer to them on this matter. If the RUF mods on your vehicle cost $20k, expect to add $5-10k to your price, which places you around $80-90,000.

A really subjective call but my $0.02 nonetheless. Shoot me a PM and we can compare notes on our cars. My turbo R was originally a Vancouver vehicle and modified by Weissach in 2001 when they were the North American RUF dealer.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:41 PM
ruf01
Advanced

The RUF mods cost 40,470.44 plus taxes for a total of 43,360.95. The one thing i can say forsure is that RUF does an incredible job putting everything together and buttoning it up. Im not so sure that not having a RUF vin makes things a little more subjective, primarily because the quality of their mods is hard to argue with. Everything comes together in one beautiful package and they really take the factory oem car and enhance it the right amount without taking any of that oem goodness away like many other tuners do.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:29 AM
Marshy
Racer

Are you the original owner of the vehicle and did you modify the car to R turbo specification ?

If you are seeking to recoup a higher % of the modification costs, I think the main obstacle you're up against is that there are other reputable tuners out there that are modifying the 997TT platform for a fraction of the cost that RUF is doing it for (ie Protomotive, UMW, GMG, AWE, etc).

RUF still carries a lot of cachet in terms of quality and reputation, but you may have to wait for the right buyer to come along if you want to recoup more cost on the mods.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:38 AM
Marshy
Racer

Thanks for the PM ruf01 !
Old 01-31-2013, 01:00 AM
ctr2
Instructor

A Ruf conversion will always be a Porsche. A Ruf vin will always be a Ruf. Nothing wrong with either, just the facts.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:27 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From an ex-porsche elite super duper p-salesman and a current 07 997 TT owner. wholesale your car is ehh- stock $70's..

mine has 36k midnight blue manual.. FVD level 2 tuning ($12k?-probably 15-18k total of extra goodies-) ipod, Valentine1, short shift, illuminated carbon entry guards- aero lip-gt2 rockers-..pretty nicely done all stock options. I'd ask $85k for my car and depending on the day or mood may sell it at a lower number or may not sell it at all at $85k nice to be correctly positioned and have that option.

sorry- long ways to get to my #. Your car has the name RUF! nice body kit- I'd ask $104,995 on cars.com and close a deal btw there and $95k. pretty sweet rare car and it's not that much more than a cherry low mileage 08.

Hopefully, sooner than later in the year I'll have my own small independent shop (maybe moving metal over oceans).

Even perhaps a car for Mecum.. not 100% on the newer stuff but that may hit the right eye at that kind of show- cost $1k plus 6% seller commission.

That car in china... $140k USD..today i bet..
Old 01-31-2013, 01:33 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

agreed with above- waiting on the right buyer etc.. .50/$1 is a good recoupment for aftermarket parts. Figure people in Dallas, TX have to make a living that sold you the parts. I bought my rockers for about .50 on the dollar. Have value just a reduced amount. I don't want to buy them at list & wouldn't, but I would buy a very good value proposition.

Fast ain't cheap & I hate everyone thinking it is... a hair dressers boxster S cost $75k... I think I'll take a RUF TT for $100k thank you very much.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:39 AM
ruf01
Advanced

Here is the options list
adaptive sport seats
axle-differential lock rear
heated front seats
ceramic composite brakes pccb
park assist
sport chrono package
electronic logbook
module for telephone pcm
extended navigation module
remote cd changer

Exclusive options:
Gear lever leather trim
3 spoke multifunction thicker leather steering wheel
storage compartment lid with model logo
illuminated door entry guards
sport shifter
rear center console leather
aluminum foot rest

Agree with all of you...thanks for the feedback. Like i said i really like the way RUF buttons things up,..that was one of the main attractions and reasons for purchasing when i bought in. There's a certain satisfaction/piece of mind that comes with paying that sort of premium for quality.

Last edited by ruf01; 01-31-2013 at 01:59 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:42 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts

Love to see it sometime. Do you frequent Bob's Breakfast Club at all?
Old 01-31-2013, 11:17 AM
ruf01
Advanced

I haven't been on the early morning breakfast run as of yet...if the car is still around this spring i may have to give it a shot.

Quick Reply: RUF r turbo