911RufRT
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent
Old 01-31-2013, 10:29 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Isn't that Bobby Wu' old car from 6 speed?
If it is, it was done alongside my brother's at Ruf, it's the real deal with papers etc. I believe they only converted 20 something cars.
Had I known that was available, I would have bought it from you. These cannot be compared to just any old tuner special, Ruf is the real deal.
Open market, worth 89-95k, about 15k over a std model.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:59 PM
Marshy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any detailed interior pics ruf01 ?
Old 02-01-2013, 04:01 AM
ruf01
Advanced

^Yes sir you are correct...Bobby has a been very helpful.
interior

Old 02-01-2013, 10:26 AM
911RufRT
Banned

Originally Posted by ruf01
Hey guys, new around here, but been around porsche's for years. I currently own a 2007 997 ruf rturbo conversion. The car as 23k miles and is very very clean. As far as options from the factory are concerned it has just about everything ticked off including rear diff, sport chrono, and leather package. The ruf package consists of ecu tune, ruf suspension, ruf exhaust, ruf sway, lightened flywheel and clutch, as well as carbon fiber spoiler and boot lid...

Anyways, i'm considering selling..not entirely sure as the car is an awesome piece of machinary, but i am curious what the market on something like this will fetch. I'd like to get some feedback.
If your looking for some feedback, there was one just listed in October for $85,800 with 21K but it sold for $79,980. It didnt have the Ruf wheels or spoiler but similar mileage and specs. You can find it in the Ruf registry and it was discussed here a few months back.

http://www.rufregistry.com/car-detai.../?&open=2&c=49

http://www.phillipsauto.com/web/used...ornia/5397041/
Old 02-01-2013, 11:17 AM
ruf01
Advanced

8295.00 for the carbon deck lid and spoiler and 7299.00 for the wheels without the tires

I don't think the example you posted is a very good one. Phillips auto car had zero paperwork on that car,..the work on that car was allegedly done in Dallas at the RUF auto center. For me personally that car was a bit bastardized with the gmg springs, hre wheels, brembo brakes, and other aftermarket stuff...thats just my .02.

There are several stock turbo cars listed by Weissach in this local market for 85k to 89k depending on mileage....

Last edited by ruf01; 02-01-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:48 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

No, I checked out that car...with Ruf de actually, there was indeed paperwork. It was one of the last conversions they did in Dallas, the brakes were the Ruf badged brembos (a Ruf option). Funny, I offered 80k bc of the color.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:50 PM
911RufRT
Banned

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Isn't that Bobby Wu' old car from 6 speed?
If it is, it was done alongside my brother's at Ruf, it's the real deal with papers etc. I believe they only converted 20 something cars.
Had I known that was available, I would have bought it from you. These cannot be compared to just any old tuner special, Ruf is the real deal.
Open market, worth 89-95k, about 15k over a std model.

I looked into Bobby's car when it was for sale in 2010. It was priced right then on 6speed for 90K. I should have grabbed it back then, but it went quick!

I also verified the yellow cars papers last year in Germany while my car was being serviced at the Ruf factory. HP Lieb there gave me the confirmation, so it was well priced for what it had.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:44 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default amazing car

IMO this car is perfection... I may add some alcantara to inside etc...but what a machine! This car should sell at or very close to your asking buddy, hang in there.... RUF has some good resale unlike nearly all other mods.

whats next for you?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:26 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

GLWS
Old 02-07-2013, 01:46 AM
ruf01
Advanced

Thanks guys.....not sure what i'm gonna jump into next. It'll have to be pretty special.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:06 AM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ruf01
There are several stock turbo cars listed by Weissach in this local market for 85k to 89k depending on mileage....
This is really your best bet. US buyers are much more discerning and it's tough to establish a value to the RUF cache in general, especially with the newer cars. With that said, bbywu really put a lot of love into that car and it's well-known in the internet forum circles.

I would see what kind of consignment deal you can work out with Weissach or put together a real solid for sale ad and put it out there on the various forums.

BTW, let me know if you want me to add your car to the RUF Registry (PM is fine), I can also give you my $.02 on pricing too.

EDIT: Forgot to add, the yellow car went to Japan, I updated the registry link 911CZ posted with a link to the page.

Last edited by ZAMIRZ; 02-11-2013 at 04:05 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Marshy
Racer

Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
US buyers are much more plentiful.....
Fixed it for ya !

Not sure if they're any more discerning....
Old 02-11-2013, 02:19 PM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

Perhaps, discerning wasn't quite the right word...I didn't want to come-off abrasive, but it's more like "laggy". It's only two recent data points, but the market speaks for itself. This car went to Canada, the yellow car to Japan. Both were what I thought pretty fairly priced, especially the yellow car when it was with its private-party on eBay the first time around. No US buyers stepped up in time. In fact, we had a post, maybe two, discussing the yellow car when it was for sale and a couple people showed interest, but nobody pulled the trigger. You're right, we do have more "interested parties" when an interesting car comes up for sale

Was your TurboR previously owned by Marcel in Calgary? It's a beauty.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Marshy
Racer

Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
Perhaps, discerning wasn't quite the right word...I didn't want to come-off abrasive, but it's more like "laggy". It's only two recent data points, but the market speaks for itself. This car went to Canada, the yellow car to Japan. Both were what I thought pretty fairly priced, especially the yellow car when it was with its private-party on eBay the first time around. No US buyers stepped up in time. In fact, we had a post, maybe two, discussing the yellow car when it was for sale and a couple people showed interest, but nobody pulled the trigger. You're right, we do have more "interested parties" when an interesting car comes up for sale

Was your TurboR previously owned by Marcel in Calgary? It's a beauty.
No worries, I wasn't trying to start a cross-border war here

Depending on the OP's timeframe I still think it would be worth pursuing a private sale first. He's in a large market (Vancouver, BC) with easy access to the US border should someone want to pursue an import themselves. His car is also in a popular color with all necessary documentation in order.

If he elects to go with a 3rd party seller such as Weissach it will certainly broaden the exposure, but will also eat into his bottom line substantially. They're a reputable and knowledgeable dealer on the RUF marquee, but don't come cheap by any means.

The PO of my car was indeed Marcel. Great guy to deal with and very forthright. Appreciate the sentiments !

Quick Reply: RUF r turbo