Sponsored by:

Did the LED's

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 02:24 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Did the LED's

Here is a pic of the LED's in front.. The driving light and the side marker.. I thought the fog light bulbs came with the kit but it does not. i have ordered those and will install next week. I did the dome light and door lights and license plate lights.. I left the stock bulb in the engine compartment because the LED shuts off after a few seconds..

It looks really nice...

Last edited by phillipj; 03-01-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:50 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice job. I just got the LED fogs and license plate lights today and will probably install them this weekend along with a carbon fiber license plate frame I picked up on ebay.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:45 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Sweet. If your doing the interior lights as well be very careful with the door light lens.. Even though I was very careful in removing them I managed to break the tab off of one of them. Got a new one today.. $12 bucks.

Also be careful with the dome when you separate the lens to get to the bulbs..That can break easily as well..

Most of the "how to's" are in your owners manual.. The fogs instructions are on Maxspeeds website..
Old 11-02-2012, 05:14 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Looking good. Did mine as well.
A few notes. Bulb for engine bay was constantly dim, no solution yet.

License plate bulbs- on my thrid set, 1st set would shutdown after 15 minutes, not enough resistance, , 2nd set would flash on quickly and never come back on again, too much resistance. I don't know if these bulbs have thermistors but wrong values could cause the isssue as well. On 3rd set now no issues to date.

Front luggage bulb will not through CEL but will show up in PIWIS as a bulb out.

Overall I'm very impressed especially with the interior bulbs, and as Phillip mentioned be careful and patient, I found that the manual is not always your best friend especially with removing the side markers(Art knows this)

Oh and Maxspeed customer service is exceptional.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Zero Cool
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good...

I installed the driving light and fogs a few days ago, waiting on the sidemarkers. Will post some pics when everything is installed

One thing I would say is if you need functional fogs (i.e. have occasional fog in your area) these may not be the way to go as there is definitely less light projection with the LEDs. (May consider HID Fog conversion)

Some pics I took this evening...
Attached Images    

Last edited by Zero Cool; 11-03-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:58 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Awesome..!!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 03:02 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Originally Posted by eurotom
Looking good. Did mine as well.
A few notes. Bulb for engine bay was constantly dim, no solution yet.

License plate bulbs- on my thrid set, 1st set would shutdown after 15 minutes, not enough resistance, , 2nd set would flash on quickly and never come back on again, too much resistance. I don't know if these bulbs have thermistors but wrong values could cause the isssue as well. On 3rd set now no issues to date.

Front luggage bulb will not through CEL but will show up in PIWIS as a bulb out.

Overall I'm very impressed especially with the interior bulbs, and as Phillip mentioned be careful and patient, I found that the manual is not always your best friend especially with removing the side markers(Art knows this)

Oh and Maxspeed customer service is exceptional.
I have issues with my license plate bulbs as well.. Just might go back to OEM for those. Like I said I went back to OEM for engine bay as well Led would only for a brief period of time...For the interior I mixed warm and cool in the dome..I played around with it and left the center warm and the map lights are LEDS
Old 11-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Zero Cool
Instructor

Originally Posted by phillipj
Awesome.. I have had issues with my license plate bulbs as well.. Probably just go back to OEM.. Love the fronts though.. Your cars look great!!!!
Thx. I went with the LED license plate lights from Suncoast. They are not just the bulb, but the housing as well. Direct PnP.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...de=997ttlights
Old 11-03-2012, 03:17 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Zero, looks great. I'm installing my Fog LEDs tomorrow. Did you have to get the car up on ramps to complete the swap. BTW your license plate frame looks terrible, I mean awful, it really cheapens the entire look of the car. you may want to replace it with one that says New York Yankees

I have issues with my license plate bulbs as well.. Just might go back to OEM for those.
phillip, I just did my license plate LEDs and I couldn't get them to work, tried reversing the polarity and nothing. then I realized I had the LED light point up, not down . corrected that it they look great. Embarrassing little error on my part that cost me 10 minutes of wasted time but thought I'd share just incase you made the same silly error as me
Old 11-03-2012, 03:32 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Originally Posted by aa909
Zero, looks great. I'm installing my Fog LEDs tomorrow. Did you have to get the car up on ramps to complete the swap. BTW your license plate frame looks terrible, I mean awful, it really cheapens the entire look of the car. you may want to replace it with one that says New York Yankees

phillip, I just did my license plate LEDs and I couldn't get them to work, tried reversing the polarity and nothing. then I realized I had the LED light point up, not down . corrected that it they look great. Embarrassing little error on my part that cost me 10 minutes of wasted time but thought I'd share just incase you made the same silly error as me
I did make the same error! LOL! I have to check mine and see if they are still working.

They Suncoast solution sounds like the way to go...
Old 11-03-2012, 03:41 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

I did make the same error! LOL! I have to check mine and see if they are still working.

LOL, let me know if you got them working. BTW the suncoast are much more expensive than the LED bulbs alone from maxspeed.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Zero Cool
Instructor

Originally Posted by aa909

I used a floor jack, but yea you need to get the front end up some how. Also, the connector on the LED fogs is slightly larger than the connector on the car so I needed to use some pliers to make the car connector larger.

License plate frame will never come off or be replaced......plus I would loose 10 hp
Old 11-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Zero Cool
Instructor

They look great. Only down side is cost and if one of the LEDs goes out then the whole thing needs to be replaced as it is one sealed unit.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:29 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Zero Cool
I used a floor jack, but yea you need to get the front end up some how. Also, the connector on the LED fogs is slightly larger than the connector on the car so I needed to use some pliers to make the car connector larger.

License plate frame will never come off or be replaced......plus I would loose 10 hp
good info, thanks for the tip on the connectors. btw is there a spot on the front end that I can place the jack so as to jack up the entire front all at once or do you have to jack up one side at a time (using jack stands for safety of course)

and j/k on the license plate cover, you gotta support your team
Old 11-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Zero Cool
Instructor

Not sure if there is a single place to lift both sides, so I did one side at time

Quick Reply: Did the LED's