Sponsored by:

When to sell our 997 TTs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 08:18 AM
NoPasaran
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amoahkuc dV\dt
I wish I could afford the GT2. I have been researching what would be the perfect sports car for my situation and went from a Z06 to a ZR1 to a GT-R then finally to a 997 Turbo. I need the all wheel drive as it rains in the Pacific Northwest for 9 of the 12 months and reliable. That ruled out he Chevy's with the rear wheel drive and the Z06 having an exhaust valve issue, and the GT-R scares me with the transmission problems. Plus no matter how you spin it I can't see myself spending $60-70K on a Nissan because in IMHO I think that once the GT-R is no longer one of the fastest cars the price will drop like a rock.
GT-R will always be one of the fastest, for 2013 they bump the power again, and you can always tune. Transmission problems on newer cars?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:19 AM
NoPasaran
Racer

Originally Posted by Acropora
I've been looking for a manual 997t as well but still haven't found the "right one". Want a GT2 actually but they cost a lot more and there's 5 months of snow here each year.
you drive your 993TT 600hp in winter?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:43 AM
amoahkuc dV\dt
4th Gear

Originally Posted by NoPasaran
GT-R will always be one of the fastest, for 2013 they bump the power again, and you can always tune. Transmission problems on newer cars?
I haven't heard any transmission problems on the new cars, but they are also out of my price range. The $60-70K GT-R are in the year ranges with the transmission problems, but I would be happy with either car. The Porsche just seems to fit the need for speed on the track and also if I need to go out to a business dinner.

I'm not trying to bash on any car but if you cruise the forums, the members can scare you away from that brand. The only major thing that I have seen talk about on this forum is the gear on the intermediate shaft coming loose. The fix seemed relatively easy though, just replace with a solid mounted GT2 intermediate shaft. At least with this one you can hear something in the motor before it gives out completely.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:12 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Acropora
I've been looking for a manual 997t as well but still haven't found the "right one". Want a GT2 actually but they cost a lot more and there's 5 months of snow here each year.

600 hp 930! Sweet!

Quick Reply: When to sell our 997 TTs?