Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 01:50 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 307 Likes on 213 Posts
Default SpeedTech Exhaust Intro

Many Rennlisters know of SpeedTech and have purchased our products over the years. I have personally spoken to/know many of you and I appreciate the relationships we have enjoyed. I would like to take this time to thank each and every one of you for your past support.

A little background….I have been a Rennlist member since the 1990's when I was very active on the 993TT forum. My signature says member since 2001, but that is because the server failed in 2001 and everyones date was re-set to that year. I originally joined as John D and quickly had to add the II to my name, as I was being the confused with John Dunkle, the site owner at the time. My daily driver is a 996TT and I have spent a great deal of seat time in Porsche 911’s for many years. This is my 6th 911. We design Porsche exhaust products that we would choose for our own car and we are very particular about what we accept as a final product.

After being a regular member here for many years, I recently decided to become a sponsor of the site. We have several fantastic Porsche products to offer the Rennlist community. If you click on our testimonials link in my signature, you can get a feel for our reputation and you will probably recognize many names. There are some 997TT exhaust reviews, as well.

Anyhow, I'm here to provide as much help as I can in your exhaust and other modding adventures. We offer Rennlist member discounts on all our products and exhausts are our specialty. We can also offer an exhaust/flash bundle for a great price. If you do some research, you will quickly find a long list of very satisfied customers, some after trying 5 exhausts before settling on our X-cellerator cross-flow series. It is truly a phenomenal sounding system that is extremely comfortable to live with and still screams at WOT- wife and neighbor friendly. Well, the quiet version that is—our 3.0 loud is a slightly different story....

I will put up a few pictures of some of our 997TT exhaust options, the SpeedTech 2.5 "quiet" X-cellerator Exhaust being by far the most popular 997TT exhaust we sell, followed closed by the 3.0 “Loud” catless system with full 3” dual tips for those that want it loud - the 3.0 loud/catless sounds absolutely stunning!

Feel free to call, PM or email me/us any time. If you have the time, check out our facebook and youtube videos (links in signature). Joining our facebook will keep you up to date on our new developments, such as the 997.2TT exhaust we very recently designed and tested.

Speedtech 997.1TT 2.5 "Quiet" X-cellerator Exhaust

Speedtech 997.1TT 3.0 "Loud" X-cellerator Exhaust w/ Dual 3" Tips

SpeedTech 997.1TT SuperSport 3" Race X-Pipe

Speedtech 997.2TT X-cellerator Exhaust—Available in Quiet, Sport/Moderate & Loud Versions
*also available as a muffler only system to be used with OEM cats

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook

Last edited by John D II; 08-17-2012 at 02:42 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

John,
Thanks for the post, your products look interesting. In my opinion it's very difficult to make a 997tt sound as good as other P car models with an aftermarket exhaust. The only one that I've heard (and only on youtube) and has the best reputation is the Europipe. What's the best way to hear your different systems in person?
Old 08-17-2012, 01:52 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Is your catless "loud" exhaust 70mm?
Old 08-18-2012, 01:20 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
John,
Thanks for the post, your products look interesting. In my opinion it's very difficult to make a 997tt sound as good as other P car models with an aftermarket exhaust. The only one that I've heard (and only on youtube) and has the best reputation is the Europipe. What's the best way to hear your different systems in person?
Hi Bob,

Thanks. I will post a couple links to SpeedTech 997TT videos. Other than that the only thing you can do is try to find someone that has one. A couple 3.0 loud versions we sold in NY come to mind - one in the city (catless) and one one in the Albany area (catted)...if either of these is close to you I can try to set something up. Our system has been compared very favorably to the European model you are referring to...we are just not as popular in the 997TT market, so you haven't heard as much...the customers that use our system, absolutely love it - some have used the other one, too and switched to SpeedTech. You may want to look through our testimonials for 997TT comments to get some feedback, as well...

Last edited by John D II; 08-19-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:24 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by phillipj
Is your catless "loud" exhaust 70mm?
No, phillipj, the loud is 76mm. Full 3".
See the video above - The 3.0 race video is the "loud" - 76mm version in action. This model really sounds fantastic if you like it louder...
Old 08-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks for the info John, I appreciate it.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:32 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My partner has the quiet version in Greece, with stock tips (that does make a difference, its quieter).
I can tell you that its a completely different sound from my Europipe 1, if I can describe it its shriekier! The Europipe has more "bass" sound. At WOT the Speedtech sounds amazing. Loud, but amazing. His car is tuned, so it starts off the line a bit quicker than mine... with my windows down, and his rear just ahead of my passenger window, it sounded like a racecar. Shriek till your ears hurt. However from inside the car at speed, you dont realize how loud the exhaust is.
Overall he is quite happy with it.

I only have one comment which could help in the development of the next version, that it hangs a few inches under the rear bumper. We had my partners painted black with BBQ paint, because as it gets old and inevitably loses its shine, it doesnt look so good. But the paint fixed the issue.

John D thanks for the post and the contribution to this place and our cars.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:25 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

I saw that and do not like it.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:10 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
Thanks for the info John, I appreciate it.
My pleasure!

My partner has the quiet version in Greece, with stock tips (that does make a difference, its quieter).
I can tell you that its a completely different sound from my Europipe 1, if I can describe it its shriekier! The Europipe has more "bass" sound. At WOT the Speedtech sounds amazing. Loud, but amazing. His car is tuned, so it starts off the line a bit quicker than mine... with my windows down, and his rear just ahead of my passenger window, it sounded like a racecar. Shriek till your ears hurt. However from inside the car at speed, you dont realize how loud the exhaust is.
Overall he is quite happy with it.

I only have one comment which could help in the development of the next version, that it hangs a few inches under the rear bumper. We had my partners painted black with BBQ paint, because as it gets old and inevitably loses its shine, it doesnt look so good. But the paint fixed the issue.

John D thanks for the post and the contribution to this place and our cars.
Thanks, Nick! I think that's a perfect explanation of the sound. We have developed a unique sound that is truly inspiring, while eliminating drone altogether. It's really a perfect combination. The key to that sound is our muffler design and although it hangs below the bumper cover a bit, we were careful to insure that it is higher than the lowest part of the car, so it is not hanging low relative to other components of the car. Also, many aftermarket exhausts are lower than the OEM muffler.

Nick, on our 997.2TT design, we had to completely re-design the muffler and we actually did reduce the size and used the OEM dimemsion. Our muffler can be installed as a direct replacement of the OEM muffler with the OEM cats.

Additionally, we offer a ceramic coating finish in satin black, which looks awesome and blends the muffler to the car very well (same look as Nicks partner did). From my experience, at the end of the day, if you install this exhaust on your car, you will not care that it may be an inch or so lower than the OEM system because you will enjoy listening to your car so much, you will never care or even give it a thought.

atcbi5,
This is my take on the muffler size - For customers that feel the slight exposure would bother them, you can order it in ceramic black - it will blend in to the car/disappear and it looks great...very high end looking...

Also, in all the systems we have sold, we have not had anyone complain about the position of the muffler. It is more accentuated in pictures for some reason. In person, it is not as apparant as in pictures and from a slight distance is barely even noticable...it does hang a little lower than stock, but like I mentioned above and Nick described, the sound is so incredible, that a typical owner will be so pleased with the sound and performance attributes that they will not even care once they are driving the car, which is probably why we have never heard about it...
Old 11-24-2012, 02:15 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We are currently running Holiday special pricing on all 997.1TT & 997.2TT exhaust systems! Please PM for details or any questions.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:17 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The exhausts all sound pretty good, nice and raspy! With all due repect, hanging below the rear bumper would not be acceptable to me, many aftermarket mufflers seem to have this trait, but it may not be a big issue. Where are they made?
Old 11-25-2012, 11:33 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks, TT Gasman! Most every aftermarket exhaust hangs a little lower than OEM. We paid special attention to insure that our exhaust is higher than the lowest point on the car to avoid any clearance issues. It is not overly low or even as low as some other systems we have seen...and we can also ceramic coat it, which makes it virtually disappear to the eye, if you feel the slight exposure is an issue. I can not stress enough that after hearing our engineered sound quality and WOT GT3 type wail, you will not even give the additional inch of exposure any thought!

We spent a great deal of time to insure the sound quality surpassed every existing alternative system we heard and I think that is substantiated in dianic's following comment having witnessed our system first hand:

At WOT the Speedtech sounds amazing. Loud, but amazing. His car is tuned, so it starts off the line a bit quicker than mine... with my windows down, and his rear just ahead of my passenger window, it sounded like a racecar. Shriek till your ears hurt. However from inside the car at speed, you dont realize how loud the exhaust is. Overall he is quite happy with it.

In answer to your question - We designed, tested and produce this exhaust here in the USA, using 100% high quality stainless steel. The weld quality is superb and the workmanship is warrantied for the life of the system. Our goal is to produce the finest quality, best sounding, best performing Porsche exhaust with desirable attributes such as no drone and fantastic tone - in other words, a product that any Porsche owner would love call their own and I feel we have surpassed even our highest expectations with this particular system!
Old 06-21-2014, 11:15 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We have one slightly used 997.1TT 2.5 catless "RACE" X-cellerator exhaust with our internal X-Flow design available to ship immediately at a special discounted price. Again, this is the Decat version. Sounds fantastic!

Here is a picture of the decat system for sale. It is in extremeley good condition and we will provide our lifetime warranty for the original owner. Please PM if interested...

Old 06-28-2014, 09:56 PM
autodoc
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sold to me, thanks so much
Old 06-28-2014, 10:09 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you, Dean! Enjoy it!