Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ruh-Roh! Inspection on my CPO '07tt found 2 big issues...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 03:00 PM
bellemastiff
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

* I "paid extra" in my mind, that is -- I internally "stretched" an extra 5k to buy it because of the CPO.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:24 PM
L_perm
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bellemastiff
* I "paid extra" in my mind, that is -- I internally "stretched" an extra 5k to buy it because of the CPO.
Sure. I paid extra for the CPO too. But that's the point. Part of what you paid for is a guarantee that all scheduled maintenance has been performed. You "stretched" and didn't get all of what you stretched for.

You shouldn't have to argue--I didn't. I treated it as an oversight, and didn't take an accusatory tone. I just had to keep pushing until I got transferred to someone--the Sales Manager--who could do something for me. I had to do all of the followup, and I could tell that I wasn't his favorite person to hear from, but he was tactful. I was in the right afterall. You will be too.

There is a check mark on your CPO inspection form that says something like "All scheduled maintenance performed," and they handed you that form as part of your contract with them when you purchased the car. Technically, they are in breach of that contract.

As for PCNA, just don't expect any help from them. The one thing they will do is send an email detailing your position to the big wigs at the dealership, and also the district sales manager.

LP
Old 08-17-2012, 03:35 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ya know these are some good points. I did "pay extra" for the CPO (which is already paying off). It looks like I will be on the hook for a $3k or so out of pocket bill (out of $30k+ total) so I guess I was feeling like a winner "so far".

I could approach the original dealer but frankly not sure how much stomach I have to argue with them...
You shouldn't be "out of pocket" anything... The reason some of these dealers are such scum bags is because no one challenges them.

You shouldn't let the dealer you bought the car from get away with not performing the 40k service. That SHOULD have been done.

I insisted that nine was done when I bought my CPO car. They balked but they did it...

My dealer has tried to get away with crap with me before and they regreted it.. I'm a wolverine when I know I'm right. Now they never screw with me..

Stand up for your rights...Be civil, elequent and strong... Your car is a new (to you) CPO car... You should have no "out of pocket" costs.. Especiallly in the $3k range..
Old 08-17-2012, 06:23 PM
bellemastiff
Track Day

Having talked to 1800 porsche, apparently when the car is being sold "with remainder of an old CPO" it does NOT need reinspected or maintenance done, to be re-sold (not newly CPO'd but with the remainder of an old CPO)...

In other news porsche did approve a new tip transmission which will be shipped from Atlanta next week....
Old 08-23-2012, 01:26 PM
bellemastiff
Track Day

The engine is out of the car now... there's a small coolant leak from the coolant deck apparently? Also will be fixed under warranty.

God bless my post-purchase inspection plus buying the car with 11 months of CPO remaining... it is saving me a boatload of cash and getting the car in top-top shape.. I am just going crazy not being able to drive the monster I just bought 2.5 weeks ago!!
Old 08-23-2012, 01:59 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I hope you get it back soon.. Thank Goodness for the CPO!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 02:08 PM
bellemastiff
Track Day

Here is a pic of the engine dropped,

in case anyone is interested...
Old 08-23-2012, 03:10 PM
LewisB
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is a pic of the engine dropped,

in case anyone is interested...
Oh my!!!!!! Seems sacreligious!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:10 PM
bellemastiff
Track Day

And pics of the coolant leak on the coolant deck (in case anyone has their engine out in the future... for reference...)

Quick Reply: Ruh-Roh! Inspection on my CPO '07tt found 2 big issues...