Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMC Air Filter-Worth the Cost?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 08:47 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

997 GT3 4.0 comes with a K&N/BMC type of filter...hummm..... ;-)
Old 07-21-2012, 10:03 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
997 GT3 4.0 comes with a K&N/BMC type of filter...hummm..... ;-)
I put it down to the placebo affect again. It's a bit like the stripes. Psychologically designed for speed. You'd be surprised just how many guys feel stripes can make their car go faster lol. I'm sure Porsche put themselves ahead of the AM boys game and catered for a lot of the psychological stuff in that goes with a car like this. After all why leave it all for the aftermarket boys to clean up.

However, the ultimate test would be to put in a conventional GT3 air filter, put the car on a dyno and do a comparison test, and that said, isn't that precisely what Sharky did?... and his IS a 4 litre... ROFL!.....and you all know what that result was.

The other thing you still can't overlook is that the placement of the air filtration system in a 911 is not exactly in the most desirable spot to achieve the best filtration results. Racing cars/dedicated track cars are expected to have their engine rebuilt after a few races.....and essentially this is what a GTRS 4.0 is. Not withstanding the 4.0 being a durable engine..
Old 07-23-2012, 01:44 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Racing cars/dedicated track cars are expected to have their engine rebuilt after a few races.....and essentially this is what a GTRS 4.0 is. Not withstanding the 4.0 being a durable engine..

I think many of us forget this when we mod our cars..

Quick Reply: BMC Air Filter-Worth the Cost?