Sponsored by:

need some feeback 997.1 TT purchase Canada

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Farfelc2s
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Detailing

Its so easy to keep even Black cars polished and shiny. The satisfaction from doing it yourself is almost equal to driving it. With the right products, half the work is done. Even an amateur can get great results. Id be happy to show you how.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:03 PM
chandrew
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not bad.. maybe i could have saved 10k..

a private importer that was looking for me.. said i could have saved 10-15k. He said i should have taken more time and sold my own cars on my own.

I could have :

IF : I sold my cars for 10-15K more than what the dealer offered.

IF I paid approx 95k after duties etc

Then the 95k becomes = 106,400.00 $ with taxes.
Then purchase a PPP ( non porsche warranty ) for 3,000.00$
Then purchase a tracking system = 400$

= 109,800.00 $ ( I prob would not have my RS spyder wheels as well in this price ).. " not many 09's have ultra lite spyder wheels ". I could have had the color i wanted and not have to clear wrap the entire car ( extra 1500$ )

So perhaps i could have savie 10-12k by selling my own cars..

Originally Posted by Carlow911
I thought it was a 2007, forget what I said, 109k for a 2009 is a good price. My bad!
Old 04-01-2012, 12:09 PM
chandrew
Instructor

Originally Posted by Farfelc2s
Its so easy to keep even Black cars polished and shiny. The satisfaction from doing it yourself is almost equal to driving it. With the right products, half the work is done. Even an amateur can get great results. Id be happy to show you how.

I would love to know how someday.. The spider webs in black paint drive my insane.

my 996 c2 was compounded and waxed last year.. i maintained it with a mguiars detail bottle and soft cloth.

I could not let the hand car wash guys wash it ... they kept scratching the paint.. I found a good place but it is 20km from my house !!

with 4 cars - 2 dogs - 2 kids - work - mountain biking etc.. I dont have much time for polishing.. I tried a bunch of products with pads/rag's/ terry cloths / egyptian cotton / polymers / non-polymers / .. I suck at it bit time !!

Thanks !
Old 04-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Farfelc2s
Burning Brakes

Default Detailing

Once the first part is done,its even easier.
Takes 15 mins to wash,dry and use detail spray to keep the shine.
Of course, thats just the outside.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Fubawu
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think that was a solid buy, judging that the history is clean etc. Being that I work in the US and Canada I see these differences all the time.
It is normal for the US to think you paid a touch too much. By US standards you did, one thing you have to understand is up here we have 1/10th the cars to choose from. Makes it very hard to find clean examples. It is amazing in the US how many cars are 3-5 yrs old with under 10k miles on them. Really is great place to shop. $109k for that car is a touch below market in Canada. Here in Toronto Pfaff has one with 43k kms on it for the same price. We just picked up (yesterday in the US) a 2009 Cream TT for $99k with 3k miles. Car is perfect optioned out etc. When it is all said and done it will be the same as paying 106k CDN. That is because US cars pay an extra 6% tax over CDN cars.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:20 PM
chandrew
Instructor

Thanks for sharing Fubawu ..

The story continues... price was adjusted to 108k..

The added 1,500$ of gift certif. and a full frontal wrap (Porsche charge 2000$ with lifetime warranty..) + included a complete compound and wax... WHY ? because of a previous 5,000 $ claim on the front hood and bumper that was redone at porsche in 2010. I was not aware of this and because of the confusion they were very sorry and offered this to compensate for the error. ( no lights or or damage it appears it was a parking backup ).... Who knows.. The car is CPO for 3.5 years and the front looks original and will be fully wrapped..

My dealership stories are never perfect..
Old 04-07-2012, 04:06 AM
MidnightCayman
Racer

Originally Posted by chandrew
Thanks for sharing Fubawu ..

The story continues... price was adjusted to 108k..

The added 1,500$ of gift certif. and a full frontal wrap (Porsche charge 2000$ with lifetime warranty..) + included a complete compound and wax... WHY ? because of a previous 5,000 $ claim on the front hood and bumper that was redone at porsche in 2010. I was not aware of this and because of the confusion they were very sorry and offered this to compensate for the error. ( no lights or or damage it appears it was a parking backup ).... Who knows.. The car is CPO for 3.5 years and the front looks original and will be fully wrapped..

My dealership stories are never perfect..
Does it come up on Carfax? If it does that could mean a big hit($10-15K) on resale. Did you try for better compensation?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:55 AM
BT ZR1
Racer

I would love to know how someday.. The spider webs in black paint drive my insane.

my 996 c2 was compounded and waxed last year.. i maintained it with a mguiars detail bottle and soft cloth.

I could not let the hand car wash guys wash it ... they kept scratching the paint.. I found a good place but it is 20km from my house !!

with 4 cars - 2 dogs - 2 kids - work - mountain biking etc.. I dont have much time for polishing.. I tried a bunch of products with pads/rag's/ terry cloths / egyptian cotton / polymers / non-polymers / .. I suck at it bit time !!

Thanks !
Dont be fooled. If you want to keep the car pristine , Black can be a part time job. Here is what i do. Wash with two buckets. One bucket hot soapy water , one bucket clear. Use only high quality microfiber. Car needs to be rinsed thoroughly and then sprayed with soap, i use dawn, with a foaming gun. Let the soap sit for a minute . Rinse, then wipe down a section with the microfiber. rinse the microfiber in the clear water, after each section, repeat. Inspect the microfiber, and change if necessary.hose car down. Use a dedicated microfiber for wheels. To dry, gently microfiber, new microfber, never circular motion. Now your car is clean. Never wash a black car, or any car in the sunlight , shade is preferred. Move the car into the sunlight or take a strong portable light and inspect for swirls or holograms, buffer trails etc. If you see evidence you will need to remove them but you need the right equipment. Those spiider webs are swirl marks from improper washing. Never dust or wipe down your car between washes. Just leave it. If you read this or need more info let me know. attached is the hood of my ZR1 reflecting the tree branches above
Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Farfelc2s
Burning Brakes

Default Black cars

Dawn or any dishwashing soap is TOO STRONG, except the first time before waxing, as it strips everything off the paint.
If youre not going to dry bt hand, use CR water to rinse. It has amazing results even on Black cars, no water spots at all.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:07 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Thanks !
A good detailer can eliminate the "spider webs" by doing a paint correction. I wash in the garage, no hoses, using two buckets and Optimum No Rinse - it's a great product!
http://www.optimumcarcare.com/onrwns.php
Old 04-11-2012, 09:43 AM
BT ZR1
Racer

I like Dawn, I dilute it, but often i use pinnacle products for the soap. The key is to make sure there is a ton of soapy water, which effectlvely removes the contaminants which cause swirling etc. Here is a pic of my 7 year old car , excuse the angle .
Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2012, 08:41 PM
chandrew
Instructor

thanks for all the input.. i went to detail auto shop today and purchased a bunch of cleaning products as well as meguiars dirt sifters/grids that install in round buckets.

i think i am ready for a try .. and pray i don't scratch the car.

as for the claim it has a carfax of 3,600$ (different than the bill i have ) .. i figure for a porsche turbo this is not a huge claim and the next owner can't complain much if the car has a full front wrap and in mint visual condition ( they used new parts and the paint appears flawless ) .. my friend purchased a Aston M. Vantage 2010 and it had 4,000 $ claim for a front light and bumper respray.. there was 3 Audi R8's at the dealer with claims between 3- 5000$ they all sold... not being an expert in the field.. i am happy with the purchase price and service i got.
I will have 1500$ in credits at the dealer for compound jobs or oil filters..

again thanks for the input guys.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:48 PM
chandrew
Instructor

Default here she is.. blackberry photo sorry

here is a pic after full day of buffing and compound at porsche dealer.
I will post some close-ups soon.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: need some feeback 997.1 TT purchase Canada