Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Straight Line Automotive Title Problem

Old 01-21-2012, 09:51 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Straight Line Automotive Title Problem

I bought a 09 Sl65 from these guys over a month ago. Can't seem to get my title. Anyone else have a problem or know about these guys? My car was also missing the mats, tool kit and air compressor I asked for these items and of course have not recieved them. Annoying on a high end car. These guys have a lot of nice cars. I was hoping to start a relationship. I do 2 or 3 cars a year.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:07 AM
jmm01
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have bought a couple of cars from them and have not had any problems. Jeremy Wiggains is the owner and Jeremy Williams is the sales manager. You should talk to them to get your issues resolved.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:55 PM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 403 Likes on 122 Posts

Took a trip down to visit these guys last year as they always have a host of high end cars. What I saw in person was absolutely shameful! They have a warehouse with probably 100 exotic cars, so at first glance this looks like fantasyland.... When you start looking at the cars up close holy sh##, most are absolute rats. Dirty, evidence of paintwork on most all, just NOT nice cars. It's hard to believe that someone would treat cars such as these like that. Its not to say there weren't a few nice cars, but they were the exception not the rule. I can only figure they stay in business because most of their customers buy sight unseen and figure they are getting a "deal".
What people need to realize is that all dealers source cars from the same places so if one place is consistently cheaper than everybody else, something is fishy. When dealers buy cars at auction the reputable dealers don't buy junk, while others buy junk because they know the average shopper sees shiny photos and low miles and assumes because it is an expensive car it must be well cared for. The power of the internet and a few nice photos... Most people assume the difference in price is that the inexpensive dealer is simply operating off lower margins, this might be true to some degree but usually you will find he is simply paying less for his cars because he is buying LESS car... These dealers usually actually have higher margins than reputable dealers because they buy cheap, sell at mid price and don't recondition their cars or make them right, such as mats, extra keys, books, current on service, etc.
Buyer beware...
Old 01-23-2012, 11:39 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Only got one key but knew that in advance.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:36 PM
brannonspillars
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a Range Rover from them once. I won't do business with them again. Kinda seemed like a shady operation. Car was in great shape though, and I'm satisfied with my purchase, I'm just a little leery of them, just a bad vibe.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:18 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

There's not much in the way of customer service. The sales manager, Jeremy Williams has not returned my last 3 calls.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:34 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Immediately call Attorney General's office and open up a case with them against the dealership for selling you a car without a tittle ...
Old 01-24-2012, 12:59 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

I just did exactly that.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:37 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

I will also suggest doing:

1)- Going to your local police dept and have them run the Vin number of the car to make sure it's not report stolen any where in the US.

2)- Take the copies of from Attorney Generals office and from the Police Deptt, go to your local Porsche dealership and explain them the unfortunate circumstances. Once done, have them run the Vin of the car to see if they can give you the records of the car, also see if there's anything unusual pops up.

3)- Try and see if this or the dealership where it was last serviced or the PCNA can give you the name of the previous owner for you to contact them.

Hope this helps
Old 01-24-2012, 03:35 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
I will also suggest doing:

1)- Going to your local police dept and have them run the Vin number of the car to make sure it's not report stolen any where in the US.

2)- Take the copies of from Attorney Generals office and from the Police Deptt, go to your local Porsche dealership and explain them the unfortunate circumstances. Once done, have them run the Vin of the car to see if they can give you the records of the car, also see if there's anything unusual pops up.

3)- Try and see if this or the dealership where it was last serviced or the PCNA can give you the name of the previous owner for you to contact them.

Hope this helps
All good suggestions...but I doubt you'll get any previous owner info from the dealer or PCNA. I asked a dealer to give the previous owner my contact info so he could choose (or not choose) to contact me and they wouldn't even do that - "privacy" issues.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:10 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

This is a Mercedes but the dealer won't tell you anything.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:07 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Got the title today, phew. Thanks for the advice.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:00 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Bought a 05 Cayeene TT from a buddy car wholesaler from that area who bought it from them. The price was very good and car was in decent shape. I also had quite a wait on my title and there was a disc in the nav unit but not a nav disc. Thank God I bought a 4k 3 year platinum easy care warranty bc that car ate up est 16k in stuff in the 2 years I had it. The biggest repair was a 7-8k tranny.

I hear they get all the trade ins fom the Park Place dealerships and that there is some relationship there so you can imagine with that large of a Dealership how much they get. They probably don't even have to buy from the auction based on the volume of trades they receive.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:00 AM
alexands
Pro

Looks like bigger problems and a bigger scam is unfolding. If they owe you anything you better get in line!

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/tag/jeremy-wiggains/
Old 08-07-2013, 08:30 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by alexands
Looks like bigger problems and a bigger scam is unfolding. If they owe you anything you better get in line!

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/tag/jeremy-wiggains/
Wow.. good find, looks like they are going down big time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Straight Line Automotive Title Problem