Sneak peak of my new coolers!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 03:19 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GTRNICK
Thanks Phillip.
Also I checked that IPD silicone hose and it has little lips on the inside of the hose so I'm thinking it's a new design because it's hard to pull off without a clamp.

That's great news..You won't have any problems then.. Does the GT3 TB have a groove on the inlet to accept the lip on the hose?
Old 11-17-2012, 05:36 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
Toby can probably post pictures of "his" Marston cores. The advantage of his is the 14 charge air pressure tubes with fins on each side vs 12 on your design. This will produce a little more back pressure> but the trade off is more surface area for charge air cooling. Post 33 shows Toby's Marston cores.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...rcooler-3.html
Hey Kevin, how the devil are you, long time no speak

To be fair my coolers are quite different from Nick's as they are quite a lot bigger, Nick's are same size as stock whereas mine are 37% bigger, ie fatter so they don't "have" to produce more back pressure.

I think it is churlish to compare Nick's new coolers to GT2RS, he has done the yards in getting them made and they obviously work very well and I would bet better than GT2RS in a proper 1 hour endurance back to back. I guess if he tries to market them than that is a different matter since the GT2RS are a great choice for 90% of users with unbeatable value.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 341 Likes on 227 Posts

Toby it's been awhile.. We should have a chat..
From the looks of it, I would think that Nick is ramping up the IC's for production. If so, the performance between the GTRS IC's to these new Marston's have to be rung out and tested. Without question, I think that these new IC's will trump the factory stock units that came with the car. One thing that is not mentioned is seeing how these units will work with a "good" tune pushing the boost thru out the RPM curve. This is where these cores should shine. BTW, where is your lift in your garage..

Toby you should borrow a set and test them on your car.. Comparing them to your Marston's units.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:03 PM
GTRNICK
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I read a while ago I think the GT2RS cores were no good after 150mph where as these cores run just fine. But still more testing to do!
Old 11-17-2012, 03:59 PM
GTRNICK
Racer

If you scroll down to post no.5 you will see some logs of the GT2RS coolers vs the 997.1 coolers and TBH they don't look like they perform like mine at all and I know that guys car has similar mods to mine!

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...game-over.html
Old 12-01-2012, 12:32 PM
GTRNICK
Racer

Well What can I say, for the best part of 17 days I have been driving my car a hell of alot more than usual to test these intercoolers properly and it takes no genius to figure these are amazing coolers.

The difference it's made to the performance I could would be similar to removing the stock exhaust and putting a catless system in place, YES it feels like that much difference!!

There is never any holding back on power and bear in mind that I haven't even re tuned the ECU to see if there is any room for more gains!

When you put your foot down in any gear the torque just rushes and holds out till alot later than before and also when you are in heat soak situations ie. stop go traffic or high speed runs, cross country runs the coolers seem to reject most of the heat and I have never felt my car hold back power since they have been fitted.

They do also change the sound of the car as you can hear the turbo's spool alot better and the car seems to breathe easier as if it was being strangled before.

I cant wait to test them when the weather is warmer and on track!
Old 12-01-2012, 05:58 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nick,

Sounds awesome... Glad to hear that they are everything you hoped they would be. Your car must truly be a rocket now!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:17 AM
GTRNICK
Racer

My car is very aggressive now, very aggressive!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:25 AM
jetfuelonly
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice coolers

Quick Reply: Sneak peak of my new coolers!