Sponsored by:

What would you buy..997 turbo or turbo s

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 01:30 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by prg
+1 for the TurboS depending on you tolerance for a steep depreciation curve.

With all due respect to the "all hail the Mezger" and "real sports cars have 3 pedals" Luddites, the TurboS is a BIG improvement in performance as delivered from the factory compared to the 997.1tt cars. Just make sure you hit the sport button before you test drive it.

I am a member of the real race cars have sequential dog boxes with no lift shifting club. The pdk in sport mode replicates this without all the care and feeding of a race box. Unlike your x50, you won't have to wait out the turbo lag with every up shift. Full boost the instant you upshift. Drivability off boost around town is also significantly better with the higher compression dfi motor compared with a modded x50. My first porsche was GIAC ecu/fabspeed exhaust x50. The 997tts eats it's lunch.
My $0.02 fwiw.
I would have to agree 100%

My TTS would spank my modded, beloved 2007 tt severely. It is a comletely different animal. Very sedate, almost boring as a DD, but at the track in sport plus mode, nothing will touch it.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:54 PM
08viper1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do a bit of drag racing , 1/4 mile.I have a ZR1 Corvette and a Gen 4 Viper.Best times 11.60s.This Wed.I went to the track and ran my new 2011 Turbo S Couple without launch control and it ran 11.03 and 11.06 at 127 MPH.,just pushing the gas.The car ran perfect and the PDK trans is outstanding.When it gets broke in more and with launch control it will do 10.70s easy.FYI,that is insane for a stock car.Their was No street car at the track that night that ran close.I am Very Happy with my first Porsche.

GET THE TURBO S

Believe me people know the diference.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:16 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I used to run s/g and ss/ia cars back in the day, yes a ten second street car is unbelievable. Interested in your comparison to your zr1.
I was once a nonbeliever in the new car, but have somewhat changed my mind.
Is the tts with 530 hp and the pdk better than a 997.1tt 6 mt, no. Faster, hell yes.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:55 PM
08viper1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Turbo S is much faster and easier to drive at speed than the ZR1 and Viper.The times in the ZR1 and Viper are all over the place as they are hard to launch and diffcult to shift at speed.The TS times are almost the same every time ,it is easy to launch with min.wheel spin and the PDK nails each up shift perfect every time with the power increasing.This is very cool.The good thing,one can turn off all the stuff off and it drives like a Benz.Porsche did a outstanding job with this car.I have NO complains at all.

Quick Reply: What would you buy..997 turbo or turbo s