Turbo S Cab. Setback sort of

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alin2
April build

Yes, I went with the black/titanium blue interior.

One amusing thing is that the ordering system doesn't have the base price of the turbo in yet, therefore, the price on the ordered car was $9856.
When they gave me my sheet it said 20K after all options salesman said I cant sign this one. I told him go ahead and make it three. I would give him one for his effort. He hesitated but in the end just laughed.

Tacet
Yes hard top from dealer would be 8k $3950 when you order car. I went ahead and ordered one. Figured it would be better than coming back and spending another 4 k.
Hoping I don't have to use it much but if its too hot or cold it will come in handy

I was told by dealer Turbo S would delay build till Aug. But since I am already at a Aug. build then wont be a big deal. Told him if it delays anymore for Logo just cancel that item wasn't that big of a deal.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Gj325
Pro

FYI, I spec'ed my turbo S coupe with ice blue metallic with the regional (Chicagoland) PCNA rep and the sales manager @ my dealership and found out that ice blue metallic, while not on the official list of available colors, IS available after he called Joe West in PCNA in Atlanta and found the code to be "XZ." The order has been accepted by PCNA (ACPROD) with the XZ color code.

The CODE is supposed to change in August, but the color will be the same. I have no idea why.
Talked to my dealer today to see if they could use the XZ code. My dealer claims Joe West is the one who told him that it will be August till they could paint any Ice Blue colors? Don't understand why since this is the so call Exclusive Color for the Turbo S to bring out.

I asked him to call Mr. West back to verify. Let me know if yours changes and your build date is not April.
I have a feeling my dealer is a smaller dealer and may not get the front of line builds and this maybe there excuse to me maybe not just a thought.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:53 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by Gj325
Talked to my dealer today to see if they could use the XZ code. My dealer claims Joe West is the one who told him that it will be August till they could paint any Ice Blue colors? Don't understand why since this is the so call Exclusive Color for the Turbo S to bring out.

I asked him to call Mr. West back to verify. Let me know if yours changes and your build date is not April.
I have a feeling my dealer is a smaller dealer and may not get the front of line builds and this maybe there excuse to me maybe not just a thought.
I'll check again, but the regional midwest PCNA rep I spoke with was pretty confident about the XZ code, and, more importantly, the PCNA computer accepted the order as ACPROD.

Unless "XZ" is actually something like hot pink...
Old 03-09-2010, 04:16 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Okay. Bad news for those hoping for ice blue metallic. XZ IS the right code and the order was accepted by PCNA (ACPROD), but it's going to be kicked out by the factory until August/September production.

In fact, PAG has not yet released to PCNA the allocations for Turbo S builds post this fiscal year according to my dealer so that allocations post Spring 2010 builds is still up in the air.

Ugh. Time to rethink colors...
Old 03-09-2010, 06:29 PM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Okay. Bad news for those hoping for ice blue metallic. XZ IS the right code and the order was accepted by PCNA (ACPROD), but it's going to be kicked out by the factory until August/September production.

In fact, PAG has not yet released to PCNA the allocations for Turbo S builds post this fiscal year according to my dealer so that allocations post Spring 2010 builds is still up in the air.

This confirms rumors I read about on another board. Time to rethink the Panamera.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Gj325
Pro

I am starting to not believe anything I hear from dealer. My latest is that I have a confirmed build 1rst week in Aug. on Turbo S Cab. with every option I ordered except vented seats and Turbo S on lid of console.

If I don't get something confirmed in stone before 4/1 I will let them apply my deposit on my Wifes Cayenne and Ferrari Shopping I will go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They shouldn't bring something out take orders and not be ready to produce the product IMHO that is bad for business
Old 03-09-2010, 09:19 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

I am starting to not believe anything I hear from dealer. My latest is that I have a confirmed build 1rst week in Aug. on Turbo S Cab. with every option I ordered except vented seats and Turbo S on lid of console.

If I don't get something confirmed in stone before 4/1 I will let them apply my deposit on my Wifes Cayenne and Ferrari Shopping I will go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They shouldn't bring something out take orders and not be ready to produce the product IMHO that is bad for business
Turbo S on the console IS delayed FWIW. AFAIK, PAG is keeping PCNA in the dark in terms of fall allocations. Plus, remember, the factory goes on vacation for most of August, so fall allocations could be built after August. Apparently PAG is NOT letting spring allocations be delayed to fall if ordered with options like ice blue metallic apparently due to fiscal year concerns (ends in July for PAG IIRC).

The regional PCNA rep is supposed to call me if my dealer does NOT have a fall allocation. But, the GM at my dealer (great Porsche guy Ron Barnaba) is as frustrated as everyone since he cannot really give any precise information on the fall allocations yet.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:39 PM
trice9
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

PAG give allocations in 6 month chunks - for each half of the fiscal year, which ends in July. The allocations for the most recent Feb-July production run weren't given to the dealers until January. Now they said this was a bit later than expected and what's been done historically, and that normally they would have gotten it in December. Even with that timeline, I would be surprised if you get your August allocation by 4/1 as you'd like. Make sure if your dealer tells you he has an August allocation, you see it in the system as accepted by PAG. I had many dealers in December tell me they "had" a Feb allocation, because they just assumed they would get one. Then as we all found out, the allocations for Feb-July were extremely scarce and all of the dealers I was working at that point got 0.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Gj325
Pro

Looks like nobody has any info that's worth anything but just rumors etc.
Not getting the kind of attn. I thought I would get on a car of this cal. In this ecom. I woudnt think people are standing in line to place orders on Turbo S

don't mind the wait But I would like to get a confirmed price and a order sheet showing what is coming at est build date. I have ordered many pieces of metal working equipment that has never been delve early. Just need info. Not having it makes me want to travel to Atlanta to check out F430 or Ca. But I really was getting over Ferrari cravings with the Turbo S

maybe some better news in the next few days.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:14 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Hang in there! Most Americans are way to impatient--hence the reason they simply buy their Porsches off the rack. (I waited 9 months for my PTS with Euro Delivery car). Get what you want--the wait is worth it!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Gj325
Pro

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Hang in there! Most Americans are way to impatient--hence the reason they simply buy their Porsches off the rack. (I waited 9 months for my PTS with Euro Delivery car). Get what you want--the wait is worth it!
I am trying to hold in and I am sure I will really want the Turbo S Cab.
I started this in Dec. trying to order a normal 2010 Turbo . So this has been a short process in time frame just wishing someone could get a real time frame and let me know this is what your getting and here is your cost. Dealer tells you one thing then you here something different on Rennlist. He checks that off as just a rumor. Then as its been the case Rennlist has been correct each time.So at least the info I get here on this site has been pretty steady and true.

Then I can setback and anxiously wait Cant really get excited when you don't know for sure what your getting and when.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:41 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am sorry to hear about all of this, Gj. I would think, with so many customers ordering the ice blue color, that PAG would put them into production. I haven't really heard anyone else getting another color in the turbo s. Am I wrong?

PS. try to be patient, Ferrari's are great, ultimate cars, but you can't take them everywhere and, God-forbid, you put alot of miles on them. I want a car that is fun to drive and not be afraid to drive it for fear of too many miles. Also, their service bills are alot more than Porsche. I have decided to keep my 09 C2S cab and drive the heck out of it while I own it. No more 'saving' miles for the next purchaser. It's almost paid for and I am going to enjoy it until the 991 comes out...maybe.

Quick Reply: Turbo S Cab. Setback sort of