Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Turbo S Cab. Setback sort of

Dealer got back with me today.
No vented seats

But I added Illumn Carbon Door Sills and Turbo S Logo on Console Lid.

Bad news No Ice Blue until Aug.

And all Cabs setback till July.

I will now have a 1rst week in Aug Build with Sept. Delve.

But still will get a pretty Rocking Turbo

Cant wait for Kids to go to school in Aug

WTF the wife may get her 2011 Cay. Before I get my Turbo

On a better note I know of a guy ordered a 458 Ferrari has a Dec 2011 Build
Now that is a wait that I just could not do.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:02 PM
mstams
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That stinks -- especially the vented seats as I really enjoy that feature here in humid southeast TN. I was excited to hear about them being new on the adaptives. I am very hot-natured, so they would be a must have for me in a cab.

One sugggestion... I would recommend you add the PDK leather surround (option XWU I think). Even though you are going with the carbon console, it would look much better than the standard black plastic surround and match the leather dash and console lid you just added.

Here's a thread if you haven't seen it...

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...hift-trim.html
Old 03-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Gj325
Pro

You can still get them if you go back to Std Comfort seat. I did not want to do that since you would be paying for Adaptive Sport seats in a since They come std on Turbo S. $ 1950 more on Std Turbo. So I choose to keep them. Maybe I will be Lucky and we wont have too much Hot weather after I get Cab. In Sept. and the wife wont miss them until next July. Then I will just play dumb and blame on the Germans

I really Like that in Leather. My problem Is I like everything that cost extra. I may need some Prof. Help this is getting additive. Wife doesnt know about latest add's I dont think I will try and slip that in just now may have to add later.

Unless someone has a room to rent for a few days Will have to pay in Turbo Rides. With 4 kids wife would own me for a few years . Naw she loves me
Old 03-06-2010, 11:03 PM
mstams
Racer

Originally Posted by Gj325
I really Like that in Leather. My problem Is I like everything that cost extra. I may need some Prof. Help this is getting additive. Wife doesnt know about latest add's I dont think I will try and slip that in just now may have to add later.
Keep it in mind as it really completes the look. I think it's about $400 or so. Not too bad, but I know what you mean. It really adds up.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

If the color is REALLY what you want, WAIT for it. Too much dough to throw into these cars without them being damn close to perfect for your wishes.

I got ventilated and never looked back. Drove both seats, fit both just fine, but the car I was chasing was on the ground and I really prefer ventilated for summer cab driving.

But either way you should be fine. And if you don't go leather on the PDK or other plastics, we can offer them up in body color finishes with better quality and at about half the price of the factory option.

Enjoy the wait...yes, you'll need meds.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 03-06-2010, 11:09 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

... I may need some Prof. Help this is getting additive.
That must be a Freudian slip - you are addicted to additives me thinks.

BTW, is there a sample of Ice Blue anywhere?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Gj325
Pro

Yes it was a slip.

Dealer said he will have samples in week or two.
Don't mind the wait I bought too quick last year and was looking for Turbo in a month or two. Just suffered in silence until end of year. But 2009 was a great year had extra cash so Turbo S here we come. With that said I am a little worried about Ice Blue. I wanted to go back with Malachite Green or Ruby Red. Wife loved the photos that Porsche put out with Release of Turbo S. She wanted to choose one item on car she choose Black Blue Int. So she ended up with the Ice Blue. She also choose Malachite Green so I am putting full trust in her. She is great with colors. So hoping for best.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mr bumper plugs is right. If you want it just wait for it! What does a few months matter?

I almost pulled the trigger on an 997.2TT but I then saw what the 991 looks like so I will just wait until those come out in a few years. I figure I have been waiting since 1996 to get a TT don't figure a few more years will matter!
Old 03-07-2010, 12:26 AM
ICUP
AutoX

Gj, did you get the hardtop? if you did just wondering what they are charging you? Got a call today from my dealer on my 2010 turbo cab order (due to arrive in the next 2 weeks) saying that the hardtop is now $6,000+installation (which will probably take it to 8g) . I find that quite annoying since he had give me an all in price of for the hardtop of $4000 back in dec when i ordered the car.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Gj325
Pro

Originally Posted by ICUP
Gj, did you get the hardtop? if you did just wondering what they are charging you? Got a call today from my dealer on my 2010 turbo cab order (due to arrive in the next 2 weeks) saying that the hardtop is now $6,000+installation (which will probably take it to 8g) . I find that quite annoying since he had give me an all in price of for the hardtop of $4000 back in dec when i ordered the car.
Hardtop was 3950.00

They actually told me would be 8000.00 if I waited after I got car.
Everything is sky high when you order. Then goes even higher if you wait.

The extra's really can add up. Thats why I am getting everything I want on front end.

Yes extra 2 months isnt bad They gave me 5000 mile allotment on my Targa for driving while I wait.

So its not like I am driving the daughters Toyota on Sunday Drives.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:28 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 264 Posts

FYI, I spec'ed my turbo S coupe with ice blue metallic with the regional (Chicagoland) PCNA rep and the sales manager @ my dealership and found out that ice blue metallic, while not on the official list of available colors, IS available after he called Joe West in PCNA in Atlanta and found the code to be "XZ." The order has been accepted by PCNA (ACPROD) with the XZ color code.

The CODE is supposed to change in August, but the color will be the same. I have no idea why.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Gj325
Pro

Originally Posted by alin2
FYI, I spec'ed my turbo S coupe with ice blue metallic with the regional (Chicagoland) PCNA rep and the sales manager @ my dealership and found out that ice blue metallic, while not on the official list of available colors, IS available after he called Joe West in PCNA in Atlanta and found the code to be "XZ." The order has been accepted by PCNA (ACPROD) with the XZ color code.

The CODE is supposed to change in August, but the color will be the same. I have no idea why.
When did they say your build would be. Did you go with Black / Blue Int.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:37 AM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 264 Posts

When did they say your build would be. Did you go with Black / Blue Int.
April build

Yes, I went with the black/titanium blue interior.

One amusing thing is that the ordering system doesn't have the base price of the turbo in yet, therefore, the price on the ordered car was $9856.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:58 AM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

Be careful, Turbo S logo on the console lid will delay your build too... check with your dealer on that one too.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:25 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jpcourt
Be careful, Turbo S logo on the console lid will delay your build too... check with your dealer on that one too.
I always find it amusing what and why there are these delays when it comes to building Porsches. Why do you have to wait two more months to get that color blue, or an odd amount of time for the S logo? I guess they have their reasons and if you were to get an explanation it would probably be logical.

As for that hardtop costing $8k; that is for it being dealer installed correct?

Quick Reply: Turbo S Cab. Setback sort of