Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's Official: Porsche Turbo S announced

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leather Con. Looks great really gives a nice finish. I was up in the air but went with Carbon Con. Thought it would look nice with black and would be a more durable con. But do what you can justify. Only one chance to get the Turbo S right

Car sounds great. Keep me in loop if you hear anything about delve date.

Congrats
Old 03-03-2010, 12:35 AM
moliandsam
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GJ, the dealer told me the delivery date will be in May. I'll report any updates. Incidentally, this dealer, in Northerrn Va., received six turbo s builds - three each of coupe and cab. Two may be remaining unsold, I believe one of each.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Gj325
Pro

dealer told me the delivery date will be in May. I'll report any updates. Incidentally, this dealer, in Northerrn Va., received six turbo s builds - three each of coupe and cab. Two may be remaining unsold, I believe one of each.
Does your dealer have any ideal how many Turbo S will be built and how many of each style.

My dealer got one coupe first then said he talked them out of a Cab. 6 wow must be a large dealer
Old 03-03-2010, 02:07 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

not meaning to go OT, but did you know Porsche is discontinuing the malachite green and nordic gold for next year? I remember you saying you loved that color!
Old 03-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Gj325
Pro

yes I found that out when I ordered Turbo S went with Ice Blue .

Wife really liked Ice Blue for some reason I am already thinking should have paid for color to match but for some reason she loved the Black and Blue Int.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:44 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

Originally Posted by moliandsam
Hi, all. I just placed an order for a turbo s cab. Black exterior, black interior with solid black seats. Options selected are heated front seats, parking assist and XM radio. The salesman suggested adding rear center console leather ($1260 - yikes!). I see this and other leather upgrades in the options list - that are ridiculously expensive. I have not seen the leather upgrades, however, so cannot decide whether to spring for any. Are the upgrades worthwhile - enjoyable enough to see, smell or feel, to justify that kind of cost?
I really like the leather center console. Unfortunately leather seat backs and leather visors really work as well.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:46 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

GJ, the dealer told me the delivery date will be in May. I'll report any updates. Incidentally, this dealer, in Northerrn Va., received six turbo s builds - three each of coupe and cab. Two may be remaining unsold, I believe one of each.
My guy got 3. 2 Coupes and a cab
Old 03-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Gj325
Pro

Anyone have photos showing leather seat backs?
Old 03-03-2010, 09:11 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gj325
yes I found that out when I ordered Turbo S went with Ice Blue .

Wife really liked Ice Blue for some reason I am already thinking should have paid for color to match but for some reason she loved the Black and Blue Int.
I absolutely am in LOVE with the ice blue. I want to see it in person...where do you live???? Congrats on your purchase. I am still wavering on a turbo s...
Old 03-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Gj325
Pro

Just outside of Memphis Tn. About 30 miles towards Nashville

wish I had sample. Dealer says he will have one in a week or two.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:16 AM
moliandsam
Track Day

My dealer told me the leather visors, and especially leather seat backs, are nice but not worth the money: $550 and $1870, respectively.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:50 AM
SchH III
Intermediate

Have leather visors and seat backs in natural brown on my 2008 Turbo. Just my opinion, but I dislike painted plastic (seat backs) and other trim. For me, the visors are well worth the additional cost; strictly personal preference...it may be worthwhile to complement the visors with leather on the dome light and the headliner (do not like the standard alcantara in black which darkens the interior and may conflict with other interior pieces). Order what is right for you...without any optional trim, it will be an incredible car.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:30 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gj325
Just outside of Memphis Tn. About 30 miles towards Nashville

wish I had sample. Dealer says he will have one in a week or two.
well, I live in Sc and that's about a 4 hour drive...so let me know when your car comes in and I'll drive your way and treat you and your wife to a nice lunch!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 09:55 PM
mstams
Racer

Originally Posted by DRJMK
well, I live in Sc and that's about a 4 hour drive...so let me know when your car comes in and I'll drive your way and treat you and your wife to a nice lunch!!!
You sure about that? Chattanooga is about a 6 hour drive from Memphis, and it's still in TN. You must really drive fast...
Old 03-04-2010, 10:03 PM
trice9
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi, all. I just placed an order for a turbo s cab. Black exterior, black interior with solid black seats. Options selected are heated front seats, parking assist and XM radio. The salesman suggested adding rear center console leather ($1260 - yikes!). I see this and other leather upgrades in the options list - that are ridiculously expensive. I have not seen the leather upgrades, however, so cannot decide whether to spring for any. Are the upgrades worthwhile - enjoyable enough to see, smell or feel, to justify that kind of cost?
i think rear center console in leather is a must. should be standard. it's ridiculous the standard is plastic. if you are going with deviated stitching, then it's a double must, so you can get the deviated stitching to flow. i also think door finishers in leather is a good option. not as noticable as the center console, but another area where the plastic makes the car look cheap.

Quick Reply: It's Official: Porsche Turbo S announced