Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's Official: Porsche Turbo S announced

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 10:19 AM
moliandsam
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trice9, thanks for your comments. What do you mean by door finishers? The options list includes Inner Sill Finishers. Is that what you mean? There is also a "Door and Rear Loudspeaker Finisher in Leather - unbelievably expensive. I assume (and hope) not this. Leather seat backs seemsdesirable, although expensive as I mentioned earlier. I wonder if it is more desirable on the cab - where it will be more visible with top down, than on the coupe. Wish I could see one.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know if you will be coming thru Knoxville. It is approx 6 hrs form Knox to my exit 5 from Chatt.

When car gets in I will be sure to let you know and you will see the pictures posted.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:04 PM
SchH III
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW, according to the dealer the estimated completion date for my car is May 11; it should arrive at the dealership either the first or second week in June.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by moliandsam
Trice9, thanks for your comments. What do you mean by door finishers? The options list includes Inner Sill Finishers. Is that what you mean? There is also a "Door and Rear Loudspeaker Finisher in Leather - unbelievably expensive. I assume (and hope) not this. Leather seat backs seemsdesirable, although expensive as I mentioned earlier. I wonder if it is more desirable on the cab - where it will be more visible with top down, than on the coupe. Wish I could see one.
You will find "most" of the leather options to be "unbelievably" expensive. You can equate the price of the leather speaker grill to be highway-robbery!

I know configuring my 2010 Turbo with one of the Tequipment fellows from Porsche at the LA AutoShow; when you start ticking off those interior leather options the car can get out of hand cost wise quickly! But man that's what happens when you have someone helping you choose what you want with the leather and color samples right in front of you. All I know is with deviated stitching my build is sitting around $173K and that's not even the S model.

If I was going to purchase soon I would get an S with that special Blue and the clear tail lights. But Alas, when I saw the new version of the 911 I could not do it. I know damn well I will want the next generation when it arrived. Not to mention performance wise it will be superior to the 997.2 Turbo just lime the 997.2 was to the 997.1.

With PDK and Sport Chrono + the next model will be clocking sub 3 second zero to sixties all day.

Quick Reply: It's Official: Porsche Turbo S announced