Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's Official: Porsche Turbo S announced

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 02:17 AM
solarlottry
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spec'd one yesterday and all the interior colors were available as well as the two tone leather. I added a bunch of leather exclusive parts and a few others like heated/ventilated seats and painted side skirts and the grand total was 179,000$ for the coupe!!!! YIKES. The lease per month was over 3300. I have an 09 TT 6 speed but like the pdk, pvt, center-lock wheels so was considering the switch but not if it is gonna cost me another mortgage.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:20 AM
GlennMc
Racer

Originally Posted by solarlottry
I spec'd one yesterday and all the interior colors were available as well as the two tone leather. I added a bunch of leather exclusive parts and a few others like heated/ventilated seats and painted side skirts and the grand total was 179,000$ for the coupe!!!! YIKES. The lease per month was over 3300. I have an 09 TT 6 speed but like the pdk, pvt, center-lock wheels so was considering the switch but not if it is gonna cost me another mortgage.
What build/delivery date do you have ?
Old 02-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spec'd one yesterday and all the interior colors were available as well as the two tone leather. I added a bunch of leather exclusive parts and a few others like heated/ventilated seats and painted side skirts and the grand total was 179,000$ for the coupe!!!! YIKES. The lease per month was over 3300. I have an 09 TT 6 speed but like the PDK, pvt, center-lock wheels so was considering the switch but not if it is gonna cost me another mortgage.
You must have really put lots of extras in yours. I order My Turbo S Cab this week.
Went with Ice Blue added Parking Sensors, Painted Side Skirts, Carbon Int, Carbon Console,Hard Top,
Crest in Seat, Heated Seats , vented seats, PCM Voice,Xm Radio

Total was $184 on Cab your price include tax?
Old 02-26-2010, 05:19 PM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gj325
You must have really put lots of extras in yours. I order My Turbo S Cab this week.
Went with Ice Blue added Parking Sensors, Painted Side Skirts, Carbon Int, Carbon Console,Hard Top,
Crest in Seat, Heated Seats , vented seats, PCM Voice,Xm Radio

Total was $184 on Cab your price include tax?
Did your dealer give you an estimated delivery date? I keep hearing that production has been delayed.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Gj325
Pro

I was told May Build no firm date and a Mid June Delve but no exact date promised. So I assume Late June early July if its anything like the equipment I buy they are always later than originally quoted They did have a April build on Coupe
Old 02-27-2010, 09:20 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RJFabCab
How many 997 Turbo S's are they planning on making? I seriously wonder what the demand will be for such a vehicle.

No doubt, it's a loaded package and at almost 200K USD base for the coupe, it BETTER have "many of the options from the standard 911 Turbo available as part of the list price". And about that 19% VAT in Germany...

Averaging 24 mpg is impressive with PDK and DI with crazy fast acceleration numbers.

I sure hope Porsche doesn't go the route of Ferrari... you can't get a manual gearbox in the 458.
Base price in the US is $160K w/destination. You'd be hard pressed to add another $10k to the 2011 S considering all it comes with; PDK, PADDLE shifters, SC, DEMs, PCCBs, PTV, RS CL Wheels and all of the base turbos upgrades, add the powerkit and the S badge (the badge may not represent what it used to but it has some value.). It's still a lot but certainly a better value than a 2010 base turbo with those necessary options.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:16 PM
artur777
Track Day

PCCB is questionable in winter
i have a friend with some bad realiability experience of PCCB in winter
he replaced PCCB for standard brakes finally

you can chip tune and install sport cats in 997.2 TT PDK for 550-580 ps
Old 02-27-2010, 05:01 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by artur777

What kind of problems are you referring to???
I have PCCB on my winter vehicle "Cayenne TT S" no issues on the road, they are superb in the snow and rain as well....the only time the get a spongy feel is when exiting a highpower car wash and that is quickly resolved.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:07 PM
SchH III
Intermediate

FWIW, my sales rep confirmed today that the build date for my coupe is April.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Gj325
Pro

April build. Turbo S.

Tell us about it.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:05 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 676 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by artur777

Have no idea what you're talking about. My car is not my DD but I drive it all year long. have 30K on pccb's and no issue any time of the year.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:28 PM
SchH III
Intermediate

Gj325: since you asked...Exterior is black; interior is natural brown leather which is the same combination on my 2008 turbo. The car from an appearance standpoint is an identical twin to the 2008. Major options include all offered leather pieces and trim (excluding speaker covers), dash vents in black to correspond to the exterior paint as are the headlight washers and rear lid logo. Heated seats and steering wheel, Porsche crests in headrests and on center console lid and aluminum footrest. The illuminated stainless door sills are not presently available to order (will add these through parts when they are released in July) and I am debating on the color of the instrument dials. The only taste I have is bad (coupled with absolutely no sense of color); if you have any suggestions re dial colors, they would be appreciated. My color decisions are predicated on combinations in nature...thus the black and braun which mirror my Rotts.

That's about it.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:32 PM
SchH III
Intermediate

Re PCCB's, I have never experienced any problems. In my opinion, the performance is superb.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:05 AM
Gj325
Pro

if you have any suggestions re dial colors, they would be appreciated. My color decisions are predicated on combinations in nature...thus the black and braun which mirror my Rotts.
I like the Black with Brown. I went with Ice Blue with Blue and Black Int. I wanted the Natural Brown but wife wanted Black and Blue so Since I got almost everything else I wanted I let the Int go with her selection.
As for Dials I think the Speed Yellow Looks great in a Black Car I wanted Yellow Dials but left them out didnt think they would look as good in Blue Car.

Look forward to hearing about your journey as it gets closer since you have a April build you will have your car a month sooner than my Cab.

Congrats on your choice
Old 03-02-2010, 10:30 PM
moliandsam
Track Day

Hi, all. I just placed an order for a turbo s cab. Black exterior, black interior with solid black seats. Options selected are heated front seats, parking assist and XM radio. The salesman suggested adding rear center console leather ($1260 - yikes!). I see this and other leather upgrades in the options list - that are ridiculously expensive. I have not seen the leather upgrades, however, so cannot decide whether to spring for any. Are the upgrades worthwhile - enjoyable enough to see, smell or feel, to justify that kind of cost?

Quick Reply: It's Official: Porsche Turbo S announced