Sponsored by:

Allocation?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Ape
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allocation?

My dealer that just sold me my Panamera 4S tells me yesterday how lucky I am because I have an agreed discount on my 2010 TT that Im about to order. I say "what do you mean", he says "Porsche will only allow us to order Turbo S cars from now on, now you get an "S" for a discount"......My question is, Have any of you heard that Porsche has decided to stop allocating regular Turbo's??
Old 12-29-2009, 01:22 PM
SchH III
Intermediate

I cannot vouch for the validity, but this is the current rumor. I was informed at the end of November I could spec my "S" in February with an expected delivery in May.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:39 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ape
"......My question is, Have any of you heard that Porsche has decided to stop allocating regular Turbo's??
Pretty much what I was told as well. Much, much fewer allocations this year, especially for Turbo and Turbo S.

I understand most all Turbo allocations are locked or built. No more to be had.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:17 PM
trice9
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

This is what's going on: There are still too many 09s in inventory. In fact, next month Porsche is just going to give each dealer a fixed dollar amount per car in inventory and then the dealer can do whatever they want. Porsche is "washing their hands" and starting over. Porsche brand and resale value has taken a blood bath due to over-supply at the same time the economy was tanking and demand was virtually non-existent. To remedy this, production for the 2nd half of Porsche's fiscal year (Feb-July) has been greatly reduced. There are very, very few non-S turbo allocations available. Trust me, I've done my homework here. As someone said I think on the 6speed board, the allocations are like unicorns, extremely rare. After much work, I happened to get lucky and got a Feb allocation and should see it in early April. Otherwise, the only thing I found out there were some dealers that had some S allocations. I think when the allocations come out for the first half of next fiscal year (August-Jan) there will be some more non-S turbo allocations. But for now, if you want a TT, your best bet is to take one of the ones coming in for inventory (75% seem to be black or meteor grey), as I don't think you can find an allocation to spec the car how you would want. Or, you can spec an S. Unfortunately, there aren't many details about the S yet, and my concern there was the sticker would get up to $190-200k (already at $170 for my cab), a bit much for a porsche tt.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Ape
Advanced

Thanks so much for the responses guys. This help me a lot!

Quick Reply: Allocation?