Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What price would you pay for this 09 turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Doc Watson
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What price would you pay for this 09 turbo?

Found a white 09 Turbo with 10K miles with the following:
998 - Leather Interior Natural Lthr
X69 - Carbon Door Sill Mdl Insignia
CJJ - Belt Outlet B Pillar Carbon
XMJ - Rear Center Console - Carbon
803 - Carbon Package
CPU - Key Pouch Interior Color Leath
CUV - Storage Cmpt Lid W/Model Logo
XMP - Lthr Sun Visors Lighted Mirror
XSC - Porsche Crest in Headrest
XSB - Sport Seat Backs in Leather
459 - Steering Wheel Smooth Leather
CPA - Thicker Leather Steering Wheel
342 - Heated Front Seats
640 - Sport Chrono Package Turbo
220 - Lmtd Slip Rear Diffrntial Lock
CNW - Side Mirror Aluminum Look
XXF - Red Taillights
XAF - Turbo Aerokit
P01 - Adaptive Sport Seats
CEF - LED Door Pocket Lighting
810 - Floor Mats in Interior Color
XXZ - Foot Rest Aluminum
509 - Fire Extinguisher
641 - Electronic Logbook

Asking 112K. Any thoughts on the price?

Thanks in advance,
KW
Old 11-16-2009, 12:23 AM
Porscheholic
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

That's pretty high mileage for an '09, so that's on the minus side. On the plus side you have adaptive sport seats, heated seats, sport chrono, LSD, and thicker steering wheel. I'd say mid to high 90's would be a fair price if it's a one-owner car with full service history and no issues.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No PCCBs? Manual or Auto with paddles?

I say go to eBay and try to find a comprable car and see where it's at.

Pluses are the aero kit for me with the red rear lights and some of the carbon bits. But without PCCBs I think that is steep with that number of miles!

Durpy no pdk for 09 durp!

Not unheard of for high performance cars to take a third of the value of the car once you drive it off the lot. If it was one of those rare PCCB turbos it might be worth it. Guess some shmuck who can't wait for the '10, and with more money than brains, could pit down that money. But obviously I don't understand these cars.

Last edited by Tacet-Conundrum; 11-16-2009 at 02:16 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:37 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 137 Posts

'09, well-optioned. But as the above have posted, pretty high mileage, esp for an '09. I agree with 'holic. Mid-high 90's tops. Have a feeling this seller will find an uneducated buyer that will go well into the 100's.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:07 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
No PCCBs? Manual or Auto with paddles?

I say go to eBay and try to find a comprable car and see where it's at.

Pluses are the aero kit for me with the red rear lights and some of the carbon bits. But without PCCBs or PDK I think that is steep with that number of miles!
i think a lot of people who comment on these cars do not really understand the product. conundrum-you say without the pdk, that is a steep price for the 09 turbo? if you understood turbos, you would know the obvious large fact that pdk was not available on ANY 09 turbo-and pccb was ordered on less than 10% of all turbos. 09 was available with 6 speed manual or tiptronic with buttons, no paddles. an no, absolutely no, pdk in turbos. so, if you don't understand the product, it is very difficult to accuretely comment on price. to the rest of you, this car was about a 150k msrp car-it is 1 year old. 2010 cars (turbos) are not even out yet. this car is obviously worth over 100k-all of you who comment that it is worth 90-95k have no idea what you are talking about. average mileage for a porsche is 7500 miles a year-this car has 10,000 miles-it is only 2500 miles high for 1 year. you all think that this 150k car has depreciated 60k in 1 or less year?
Old 11-16-2009, 01:15 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Agree with the doc on this one, that car is worth 112k imo. It is a very well optioned 160k+ msrp car with average miles. For crap sake it's only a yr old, how could it possibly take a 30% hit.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:59 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

I knew I was thinking tiptronic but I let that pdk come out.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:04 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
I knew I was thinking tiptronic but I let that pdk come out.
i am not trying to insult you, but what you are saying doesn't make sense. so you are now saying that you were saying that without pccb or tiptronic the car would not be worth........-you see, that doesn't make sense. as tip would not make the car worth more, so logically, you did think that pdk was avaialble in 09, and that the abscence of it decreases the value of the car. look, nothing to be ashamed about, but my point is still that many of you really do not completely understand the product, but have a lot of (incorrect i might add) opinions as to the value of these cars. listen to chris (tt surgeon)-there is no way that this almost new turbo is worth under 100k.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:02 AM
Doc Watson
AutoX

Default Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. So maybe somewhere around 100-105K as a compromise of the extremes here? Unfortunately, the aerokit may be a deal breaker anyway as I have a fairly steep incline into my driveway--no problem with my C2S, but pretty sure it would be an issue with the aerokit.

KW
Old 11-16-2009, 11:06 AM
nyamg
Instructor

Originally Posted by docjackson1
i think a lot of people who comment on these cars do not really understand the product. conundrum-you say without the pdk, that is a steep price for the 09 turbo? if you understood turbos, you would know the obvious large fact that pdk was not available on ANY 09 turbo-and pccb was ordered on less than 10% of all turbos. 09 was available with 6 speed manual or tiptronic with buttons, no paddles. an no, absolutely no, pdk in turbos. so, if you don't understand the product, it is very difficult to accuretely comment on price. to the rest of you, this car was about a 150k msrp car-it is 1 year old. 2010 cars (turbos) are not even out yet. this car is obviously worth over 100k-all of you who comment that it is worth 90-95k have no idea what you are talking about. average mileage for a porsche is 7500 miles a year-this car has 10,000 miles-it is only 2500 miles high for 1 year. you all think that this 150k car has depreciated 60k in 1 or less year?
+2, the docs got it right, this car should have a sticker of 150k+, fine the milage is a tad high, but no way is this a 90k car.......no way
Old 11-16-2009, 11:36 AM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 167 Posts

Damn...I don't drive my car enough...mine's an 07 with less than 10K miles!!

What's the build date on the car? I would just be curious personally how long it took to put on that mileage. Also, why it's for sale so quickly (but sellers always have great stories for those questions)
Old 11-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Well with what trully little knowledge I have, I'm aware of the gaps of precise options from year to years, I for sure would not want to have the aero-kit. The car sits low enough and it is my understandind that even the stock lip at stock height gets beatup pretty quickly if you aren't more than careful. How much is the replacement aero-kit lip? Isn't the stock lip something around $175, and that still isn't painted?

Off topic here; can you install one of those lift kits for a GT3 onto a TT?

I also have an idea for a new product that many of us might be interested in!
Old 11-16-2009, 09:52 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by docjackson1
I do know the market and I am an owner. So I'll be the dissenting vote here. Granted mine is an 07, but purchased with far less than 10K miles, pristine, better optioned with not inexpensive 'extras' added by the previous owner. Didn't pay anywhere near $110's and given the only added 'bonuses' of this car being the updated PCM and a newer build date, I wouldn't touch it for more than mid 90's. But as I stated, someone surely will at some point.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:22 PM
BGA23
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

From someone who has been looking for an 07 997TT, I'm hard pressed to find one for less than 90K from a private party unless it has 25K+ miles. I find it hard to believe an 09 with 10K is only worth on 95K.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Porscheholic
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I based my comment on having bought a 997TT in the past month with way lower miles and better optioned (for me anyway - mine came with PCCB). I would say to a potential purchaser don't be too concerned about the model year - all the 997TTs are still under the original warranty, and the changes between model years are insignificant. All I am saying is you can find a similarly optioned 997TT with less miles for a lot less money. Take a look at the inventory that is currently listed for sale - there are hundreds of 997TTs available, so the supply/demand equation favors the buyer right now.

Quick Reply: What price would you pay for this 09 turbo?