997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie: Ordering 2010 - questions

Old 11-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Online configurator, I must have spent more time farting around on it than I have studying to keep my professional certifications.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:32 PM
trice9
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Online configurator, I must have spent more time farting around on it than I have studying to keep my professional certifications.
me too, i've spent too much time with the online configurator, but can not find that option. where is it?
Old 11-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by trice9
me too, i've spent too much time with the online configurator, but can not find that option. where is it?
Me too on about the 20th time I configured the car to the one I eventually signed...heck it is 3:48 Eastern Time here and I am supposed to be running a company! Anyway it is for sure Option Code CNG (your dealer will have it) as I am looking at my signed order sheet as I type this.

I would really stay away from painting those grills Ruby Red - will give the car too much of a monochrome on the front I think....titanium should break the face of the car nicely..

http://www.porsche.com/canada/en/acc...exclusive/911/

See the white and cream in these examples are too much I think and Ruby Red would be even more extreme no?
Old 11-09-2009, 07:53 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I think the ruby red would be better than the cream white...not too popular a color. I have seen it in person and can't decide whether I like it or not. I'd have to think hard about an interior color to go with the cream white... 'Ruby sue' red is awesome! I have atlas gray now and I do love it, but next car will be a more blue color, maybe the dark blue or a PTS metallic blue. Good luck!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:30 PM
trice9
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Overdraft
Me too on about the 20th time I configured the car to the one I eventually signed...heck it is 3:48 Eastern Time here and I am supposed to be running a company! Anyway it is for sure Option Code CNG (your dealer will have it) as I am looking at my signed order sheet as I type this.

I would really stay away from painting those grills Ruby Red - will give the car too much of a monochrome on the front I think....titanium should break the face of the car nicely..

http://www.porsche.com/canada/en/acc...exclusive/911/

See the white and cream in these examples are too much I think and Ruby Red would be even more extreme no?
after looking at just about every pic i could find online, i agree that the front air intake slats in ruby red would be too much. just going to get the front spoiler lip and side skirts painted. also not the mirror attachment points - going to keep black. regarding option cng, i can't even find it on the dealer order sheet that they gave me. i will ask them.

other things i'm debating:
* PTV - read mixed thoughts on this, the 911 has been a great handling car without this, will ptv make a difference the way i drive? not convinced.
* rear park assist. i use it on my current car, the 911 is shorter though, hate the way they look. does it work well in the 911? thoughts?
* the black painted wheels look great the pics - anyone seen them in the flesh? i like the stock wheels too, so not sure i want to spend the extra $$
* door entry guards - aluminum, carbon, illuminated, stock.....
Old 11-09-2009, 11:57 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

In regards to the PTV I've read that it is a worth while option. I just read a great article in "Total 911" illustrating the new 997 Turbo. According to the writer the handling is enhanced whether on a track or just everyday driving. It didn't matter what speed you where traveling at. The torque differential was assisted with turning, making for very smooth and pin point turning. Other options that where truly embraced with enthusiasm where the PDK along with the sport chorono package. Throttle reponse and overall performance were unequivocally enhanced.

As far as ruby red, I've seen it in person and it's a great color. I would agree that painting the intake slats might be a little over kill. Sometimes more isn't better and in this case it's true.

As far as discounts are concerned. It's a captive audience at this time, especially with so few build slots. You can look for somewhere in the neighborhood of $5000 off as a discount. Hard to find more than that. If they see that your a serious buyer and not just searching around you may be able to do better, depending on what their sales sheets look like for that particular month. In any event I wish you the best on your order. Your car sounds great, especially with the personalizations that you've added. Right now I'm starting to get that same feeling especially with the month of November finally here. It will be sometime in December when I have my vin number and that will be great. Keep me posted on your build date as well. Who knows maybe we'll be on the same ship coming in. Good luck.

Jay
Old 11-11-2009, 09:19 AM
trice9
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sparkhill

If you are doing deviated stitching, make sure you do it right. Unfortunately, most dealers do not know how to properly order deviated stitching. To get everything stitched, you need to order 24891, 24901, 24902, 24903, 24904, 24905, and 09991 plus an "Exclusive" shifter/handbrake and steering wheel. Thicker wheel will cover the steering wheel. The shifter/handbrake is the one that is always missed.
I've got seven items above (24891, 24901, 24902, 24903, 24904, 24905, and 09991), thanks, but i not don't understand "plus an "Exclusive" shifter/handbrake and steering wheel". for the steering wheel, i was going to get 840 (3 spoke pdk sports steering wheel with paddle shifters), and for the shifter i was going to get XWU (PDK gear selector gate surround in leather). so, will the stitching on the steering wheel and gate surround be deviated? and for the handbrake, i was going to keep it stock - will the stitching on that be deviated?
Old 11-11-2009, 12:48 PM
sparkhill
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by trice9
I've got seven items above (24891, 24901, 24902, 24903, 24904, 24905, and 09991), thanks, but i not don't understand "plus an "Exclusive" shifter/handbrake and steering wheel". for the steering wheel, i was going to get 840 (3 spoke pdk sports steering wheel with paddle shifters), and for the shifter i was going to get XWU (PDK gear selector gate surround in leather). so, will the stitching on the steering wheel and gate surround be deviated? and for the handbrake, i was going to keep it stock - will the stitching on that be deviated?
You are trying to avoid the first photo (common) and end up like the second photo (my car).

I just looked at the order guide and it looks like 840 will get the wheel stitched. I am pretty sure you have to order a "special" (or Porsche Exclusive) handbrake to get the stitching there, but I have never seen stitching with PDK so I cannot say for certain. DAZ will get you the shifter and handbrake deviated. CFP worked for the 997.1TT, but I am not sure if XWU gets the shifter. I am thinking ECB will have deviated stitching. Your dealer can tell you which items are Exclusive and which are not - make sure everything is Exclusive. Unless, you order DAZ, I think you need to order both the handbrake and shifter to get stitching.

Have you dealer call Atlanta to make sure all stitching is deviated and make it clear that you will refuse the car if the stitching is mismatched. If the dealer enters 09991 first, and then enters the shifter/handbrake option, a secondary screen should appear requesting stitching information. Typically, the hidden cost of deviated stitching, is the more expensive shifter/handbrake that must be ordered to get the stitching proper. I am sorry I do not have a definitive answer with PDK.

Also, try to find the user "The Groom" as he will have definitive answers for you.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:05 PM
sparkhill
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 288 Posts

Read the third post on this page:
http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...&page=0#227206
Old 11-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh now you have done it. I'm going to have to configure another turbo with yellow exterior and black interior. Now wish they would put the deviated stitching on the online configurator!
Old 12-31-2009, 04:49 AM
solarlottry
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was building a 10TT and they gave me 10,000 off the total which was pushing 180,00. I opted for an 09TT with 1.9% financing instead and a 40,000 cheaper price tag. I then used about 10,000 of the savings and bought almost all of the leather and other stuff i wanted from Suncoast or Gemballa. SunCoast has many Porsche parts and Gemballa will make the exclusive stuff. The deviated stitching is a little harder to do so i went without it. The car looks great.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:12 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

^^
let's see some pictures

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newbie: Ordering 2010 - questions