Sponsored by:

Placed order for new 2010 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 405 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ23
Just wanted to give you an update on my order. Currently I have a November 30th build date, but just found out on Thursday that Porsche deleted without explanation my speed yellow instrument dials. I was looking forward to this. My rep will call Germany on Monday to see what reason they are giving for this. I will keep you posted.

Jay
You could ask your dealer to retrofit the gauges at no added cost to you. You could even tell them it's a deal-breaker! I'm sure you're a bit bummed about it but I don't lose any sleep over it. It really is something that could be changed if you were unhappy with the car.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:34 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

My rep spoke with the options guru in Porsch Atlanta today and was informed that Germany has cancelled all colored gauges on "ALL" orders without further explanation until further notice. I am investigating to see if it's worth while to retro fit them. If too costly I will stay with the standard gauges. Nothing you can do, but she will still look great.

Jay
Old 11-29-2009, 12:15 PM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

are you doing yellow belts or stitching? that would make those pricey brakes "pop"
Old 11-29-2009, 12:40 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 383 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by jason952
are you doing yellow belts or stitching? that would make those pricey brakes "pop"
I couldn't get my head around the $ 10 K Can for the PCCB - but did order red belts to bring out the red guage needles and red brake shoes of course. Considered deviating stictching and red guage faces but hmmmm...little to wild for me in the end. Ending up spending the money on painting the rear of the sport seats, car spoiler lip, sills, underside of rear fascia, and mirror attachment points.

Overdraft
Old 11-29-2009, 04:19 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The big reds are great brakes, don't worry. Before the days of PCCBs, big Reds were the gold standard (I still think they are the way to go at the track).
Old 11-29-2009, 09:12 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jason952
No deviated stiching or yellow belts. I thought about it, even considered the yellow center console. In the end however I felt more comfortable with the black interior and yellow dials if they let me have them. With the interior LLoyd mats I ordered they have some speed yellow in them to add some contrast. Can't wait to take pics in January if all goes well.

Jay
Old 11-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Any discounts on inbound MY10 turbo yet?

One of my friends wants to get one - anyone get any discount off MSRP?
Old 12-04-2009, 02:22 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 126 Posts

For street driving the PCCBs effectively eliminate brake maintenance costs for many years. All you have to do is flush the system every 2-3 years. Even the pads last significantly longer. The big bonuses are the better handling and nothing to clean!
Old 12-04-2009, 05:18 AM
Mad Manx
Instructor

Originally Posted by Edgy01
For street driving the PCCBs effectively eliminate brake maintenance costs for many years. All you have to do is flush the system every 2-3 years. Even the pads last significantly longer. The big bonuses are the better handling and nothing to clean!
Agree. Had PCCBs for several years now and regard them as 'must have' on any serious road Porsche. Reducing the unsprung weight also improves ride comfort. And, compared with other manufacturers, they are good value.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:27 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Just wanted to give everyone an update on my order, reached check point 8 yesterday, have a VIN number, and my racing machine is complete, waiting for ONVESL. I will keep you posted. Should be here sometime in Jan 2010 if all goes well. One last note on allocation spots for those who are deciding on a new purchase. My rep at Danbury Porsche Dealership said they just received their allocations for the first part of 2010 and the next build slot for a Turbo is June of '10. His response was that due to an over abundance of cars last year and the lack of forcasted sales coupled with the slow economy, Porsche is going to be more judicious with their allocation slots this year. In any event can't wait to see my car next month. I hope those looking for build slots get them in a reasonable amount of time.

Jay
Old 12-05-2009, 11:28 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Congrats! This is a very exciting time, once on the ship you can track it at sea too.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:10 AM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Jay,

I know you must not be able to sleep! Just wait until it's at the port and then off to your dealer! I am so excited for you! And, of course, you must get your wife to take pics or videos of the delivery.

Jen
Old 12-15-2009, 12:09 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Just found out from dealer that I'm ONVESL since Dec 8th. Two ships left port on that date and my Turbo is on one of them. He is trying to found out the names and exact arrival dates, so I'll have to keep you posted. Yes the wait is tough but spending Christmas with my boys will pass the time. Hope they rememeber to get me that new Ipod for Christmas that I will use in my new Turbo come some time in January. I'll keep you posted.

Jay

Quick Reply: Placed order for new 2010 Turbo