Sponsored by:

Seat info needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 02:09 AM
turbolou
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat info needed

My delima is my TT 08 997 sport seats are most uncomfortable for me. I'm 6"6" & weigh 230 # Where as my 03 Turbo with standard power seats that I sold to get into the 997 were not. Leg room wasn't a problem in either car My question is are all seats between models 996,997 interchangeable especially with the wiring. I'm looking into either modifying the drivers seat or exchanging them for another set.I love the car but can't go on any long trips cause these damn sport seats weren't meant for a person my size & are killing my legs & back. Looking back I should of kept my 996.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What color is your interior? I have a set of 996TT stock seats in graphite gray you are welcome to for $300 + shipping. They have a couple of small scratches on the side and back.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:00 PM
turbolou
Instructor

Smile Reply

Originally Posted by Land Jet
What color is your interior? I have a set of 996TT stock seats in graphite gray you are welcome to for $300 + shipping. They have a couple of small scratches on the side and back.
Thanks but I have black leather interior, If anyone else has any leads or advice I would also appreciate that.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You could buy these cheap and just dye them black.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Thats a good price on those seats, you could easily find a set of black ones from a 997 and sell your sports seats on Ebay. Most people look to take the other side of the trade you want to make so you'd be able to do it for a credit.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:38 AM
997Turbo
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just helped a friend of mine find and buy a new '09 Turbo Cab from a dealer in Southern California. My friend is 6'3" and is 260. The new car had Adaptive Sport Seats and it was too uncomfortable for him since his legs were resting on the side bolsters. The dealer was told of the problem and was told that if the seats couldn't get swapped out, then no deal. The dealer said no problem and they took out the Adaptive Sport Seats from the new '09 and took the regular power seats from another new car and swapped them. Only took the techs 1-2 hours. The 997 seats fit on the same track and all the power and seat heating is just disconnecting and reconnecting power plugs. The dealer also reduced the price of the car by around $1200 because the Adaptive Seats were an option. The new regular seats are stock and come included with the base price. I would stick to 997 seats, don't know if 996 seats would fit on seat track without any headaches. The regular power seats would work fine and give you more room in the shoulders and bottom of legs. Good luck!
Old 07-26-2009, 12:43 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

^ correct, it's a bolt in/out deal.
Put up a thread here, on teamspeed, 6 speed, rennteam, etc proposing a trade + cash . Somebody will take you up on it I'm sure. Most of the TTs made has blk std power seats, so should be easy.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:34 AM
turbolou
Instructor

Smile Reply

Thanks for the reply's.Because of the side airbags that are in the 08 seats I would have to find the same year seats. Plus I have painted seat backs, I know some one would love to have these & probably wouldn't have too much of a problem with a trade but reluctant to do so because of the value of the car. I'm going to remove the drivers seat. Take it to this upholstery shop in town that does custom work & see if additional padding can be added to make them more comfortable. Keep the suggestions coming & appreciate it. Regards Lou
Old 07-27-2009, 12:48 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by turbolou
Thanks for the reply's.Because of the side airbags that are in the 08 seats I would have to find the same year seats. Plus I have painted seat backs, I know some one would love to have these & probably wouldn't have too much of a problem with a trade but reluctant to do so because of the value of the car. I'm going to remove the drivers seat. Take it to this upholstery shop in town that does custom work & see if additional padding can be added to make them more comfortable. Keep the suggestions coming & appreciate it. Regards Lou
I'd suggest that if you're concerned about the value of the car, then don't have your sport seats "customized".

I would either buy another set of standard seats and keep the sport seats for reinstallation when you sell the car (high cost option, but....) or trade out the sport seats for standard seats with someone here. I think the worst thing to do that will effect the value of the car is to have custom-modified seats.

Quick Reply: Seat info needed