Sponsored by:

997 TT strut brace ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 12:07 AM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baggerdude
I haven't looked under the carpeted plastic to see if there is a strut back there. But, judging from the way the car handles .... I doubt if one exists.

My MY '07 C4S handled MUCH better than the TT.

Cannga ...

I tried to read the threads, but I became confused quite easily with the tech stuff. I'm pretty much a non-tech fella.

I'll try again manana. Thanx.
They all have them, do a quick a search on the subject, there's lots more info out there.
Courtesy of Viken:
"The previous discussions were based on the firewall which ties the two strut towers together. In addition, there are two metal braces (one on each side) tying the braces to the back of the dash. You can see those under the plastic covers between the firewall and the cowl. As such, there is no need to add any other type of bracing on these cars. "
Old 02-03-2009, 12:24 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Like Doug mentioned, all 996/7 cars have an oem style brace now. I just went out and looked at mine. Your car should handle pretty well, I'd have the alignment/tire pressure checked too. maybe it's just a cab thing, my 997tt handles waaaay better than my old c4s did even with the x73.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Like Doug mentioned, all 996/7 cars have an oem style brace now. I just went out and looked at mine. Your car should handle pretty well, I'd have the alignment/tire pressure checked too. maybe it's just a cab thing, my 997tt handles waaaay better than my old c4s did even with the x73.

Well, I checked the tire pressures. Spot on. Even at 20*.

But, it's pretty cold here in the North East. The car is shod with B'stone Potenzas. I had Pilots on the C4S. Wonder if that makes a difference.

Also, the cold may make the tires feel less sticky.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Baggerdude,

If you are looking to purchase the sway bars, we carry H&R and the rennlist member's price will be $ 595.65.

The front's are 26mm diameter and are three way adjustable. The rear's are 24mm diameter and are also 3 way adjustable. Here is a picture...

Here is the link to the H&R website for more details...

http://hrsprings.com/scripts/appguid...11/997%20Turbo

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Want to learn more about us? Click here...

Quick Reply: 997 TT strut brace ??