Sponsored by:

ISO top-notch windshield installer in PA/NJ/NY

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 06:08 PM
hatchback
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISO top-notch windshield installer in PA/NJ/NY

Can you please recommend a top-notch windshield installer in the PA/NJ/NY area based on your personal experience? I'm urgently looking for someone who can install the OEM windshield on a 997 turbo correctly so that it is indistinguishable from the factory install. Thank you!
Old 01-06-2009, 12:44 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Dealer did mine, can't tell.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:09 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Dealer did mine, can't tell.
+1
Old 01-06-2009, 11:11 AM
hatchback
Advanced

When I look at a factory-installed windshield, it is recessed all the way around and the edges of the windshield glass are completely covered by the rubber molding all the way around. At the top, the windshield is recessed roughly the thickness of three US quarters (approximately 3/8 inch).

Does your dealer-installed windshield look like that? Thanks.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:16 PM
AAHTT
Racer

Originally Posted by hatchback
When I look at a factory-installed windshield, it is recessed all the way around and the edges of the windshield glass are completely covered by the rubber molding all the way around. At the top, the windshield is recessed roughly the thickness of three US quarters (approximately 3/8 inch).

The 997TT windshield is unfortunately a disposable item, mine at 32k miles was so pitted that I could no longer see in bright light and just had it replaced at home by a mobile unit and cost me 50$ (geico). the replacement was the exact same oem unit (sekurit, made in belgium) and took less than 2 hours to to do and the install is lifetime warrantied.
Doing it at the dealer would have cost much more and I would have to pay upfront then get partially refunded later.
I have always done my windshields at home as you are not supposed to drive the car afterwards for a few hours plus I can watch the guy do it. I did not notice any difference in recess and mine at the top was always flush with the frame and more recessed at both lower ends.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Ken89911T
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anthony Volk glass in West Chester, PA area.

Looks identical to factory install
Old 01-14-2010, 01:42 PM
igor.zaika
2nd Gear

I had my (2007 997 C2S) windshield replaced by a dealer two days ago (it was broken while trying to replace rain sensor) and I have the same problem, new windshield is not recessed to the same depth, the top of the new windshield is basically level with the roof and the rubber seal does not fully cover the edge of the glass, it sticks out by about 2 millimeters. My new windshield looks stock sekurit glass made in czech republic.

Are there windshields of different thickness? Could 997.2 have thicker windshields that do not fit 997.1?

I’ve talked with dealer and they are going to check with the installer, but I have not heard from them yet.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:14 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by hatchback

Exactl like that, plus you need your VIN to even order the part, so might as well let the dealer do it.

Quick Reply: ISO top-notch windshield installer in PA/NJ/NY