Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 2007 Turbo - 10k Miles - $92k

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Jay-Three
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I would have priced it to sell, I would have been around $90-92k. Instead, I got premium ($101.5k) and I get to beat the **** out of a Cayman S for the summer for my 8 grand! Plus I still have my R8...the reason I sold the Turbo. I don't want to get into the comparison between the 2 because it's been beaten like drum on many discussion boards. Briefly, the R8 handles better, sounds better, is WAY more refined, and is probably the sexiest car on the road today. The Turbo's power is unmatched, but the V8 is fast enough and a lot of fun to drive. It's just an all around nicer car to drive. The best way to put it is when I got out of the R8 and jumped into the Turbo, the Turbo felt "old." They are both wonderful cars and very very different in many areas.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Porscheholic
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

While the depreciation of the 997TT is unfortunate for those who bought new, it allows a lifelong Porsche enthusiast like me to purchase a previously owned one this year, after many years of dreaming about it. I now get to think in terms of months and weeks and days, rather than years.

But while the 997TT may have suffered from more than expected depreciation, I think the R8 will set new records for depreciation. Audis have a long history of massive depreciation, and I don't think the R8 will be any different.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

There are quite a few TT's around at steep discounts. We have an 09 coupe and cab and a 08 couple all with less than 1000 miles some major discounts out there
Old 01-14-2009, 12:22 AM
gradyex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by docjackson1
that 3 year old 07 should be selling at $90,000. the pccbs do little for the price of that car-all they give the owner is an expensive repair bill if the brakes fail. at $97,000 for an 07, you have to remember that with a discount, you can buy a brand new 09 with the upgrades (touch screen pcm with xm, bluetooth, etc) for about 30 grand more-not that much for someone looking to spend a hundred grand. these 07 tubo cars have to be priced a bit more realistically-$90,000 would make more sense here. i laugh when i see some of the dealers in nj where i live looking to get 109k for their used 07 turbos-we must also remember that porsche made a ton of 07 turbo coupes, probably close to 2000. they only made 500 or so 08 turbo coupes and even fewer so far 09 coupes. i think the 09 turbo coupes might do relatively well on resale-with the new restrictions on 09 turbos being produced, and with the upgrade in the 09 interior and pcm, the 09 might be a realatively desireable car.

Here are some figures. Sorry I had to photograph it, my scanner is on the blink. Way too many turbos produced in 2007. You can also add the turbo cab to those figures I highlighted.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:59 AM
jonoz
Instructor

I honestly cannot understand the rants that are going on here.....listen up...
the few examples shown here are relatively high mileage vehicles without cpo.
Hey...face it....the US economy is in the f'ing crapper.
Whenever that happens, expensive toys rapidly depreciate during the downturn....check out the depreciation on other high end super cars.....the lambos, audi's etc.
Whatever.....I bought my car because it is a great ride and I love it.
I do not give an f'ing sh*t about what some other maybe high mileage with dubious histories are being sold by desperate poor/rich people.
This thread really makes me doubt what the whole porsche driving experience is about.....did you buy this supercar for future sales?
Maybe you should have purchased a safe guarenteed investment bond.
Maybe you should go out and buy a honda civic.
just my two cents.
what a bunch of boners.
j
Old 01-14-2009, 09:40 AM
wisky
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts
Default on the subject of 997 Turbo prices.

Here are the latest Manheim auction numbers for a 2007 997 Turbo. Note that the last 3 listed are Tiptronics, which hurt the value. Its best not to worry about resale value and just drive the car with a smile on your face .

12/17/08 W PALM Regular $90,500 6,441 Above BLUE 6G 6 Yes
12/17/08 W PALM Regular $75,000 23,040 Avg BLACK 6G A Yes
01/08/09 MANHEIM Regular $80,000 14,575 Avg SILVER 6G A Yes
01/13/09 FAAO Lease $78,500 15,974 Avg BLACK 6G A Yes
Old 01-14-2009, 11:54 AM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Concur.

If you paid list for your turbo all that's left is to enjoy it.

And yet it is undeniable that the depreciation on these cars is simply breathtaking.

Knowing what you know now how many would have purchaced new rather than let someone else take the massive initial hit?
Old 01-14-2009, 12:34 PM
AAHTT
Racer

Originally Posted by boolala
Concur.

If you paid list for your turbo all that's left is to enjoy it.

And yet it is undeniable that the depreciation on these cars is simply breathtaking.

Knowing what you know now how many would have purchaced new rather than let someone else take the massive initial hit?

I agree with jonoz above 100%.
since all car brands depreciate and cause their initial owners to take a hit, then whoever is afraid of taking a hit on a TT is looking at a car thats too expensive for them to handle, the "massive" initial hit is all relative.
I bought mine new planning on using it as much as possible which I did and I enjoyed each of the 32k miles I put on it so far and never for a second worried about depreciation which can only spoil the whole experience.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:19 PM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AAHTT
I agree with jonoz above 100%.
since all car brands depreciate and cause their initial owners to take a hit, then whoever is afraid of taking a hit on a TT is looking at a car thats too expensive for them to handle, the "massive" initial hit is all relative.
I bought mine new planning on using it as much as possible which I did and I enjoyed each of the 32k miles I put on it so far and never for a second worried about depreciation which can only spoil the whole experience.

I have no problem paying cash for a TT. In fact I have never, in the past 25 years, financed or even leased a vehicle.

And yet that dosen't mean I am oblivious to cost. I want to spend my money wisely no matter how much I may have now or in the future. All I am saying is that with used car prices in apparent free fall, buying a slightly used vehicle (were I in the market today) would seem to make eminent sense.

Just because you can afford a 150 K car doesn't mean that you should not try to negotiate a good deal.

Persoanlly I believe that those who would not be able to afford a car unless they leased it (I suspect many TT owners) are the ones who are truly driving a car that is too expensive for them.

OTOH if you already shelled out 150 K for a new TT, great. Drive the hell out of it.

No sense crying over spilled milk.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:40 PM
jonoz
Instructor

Default rants

I still cannot understand what is going on here.
I am old and wise enough having gone through several roller coaster financial cycles....hence, I feel I can hopefully give some decent advice....
Yes....everything that is saleable has been devalued...it's unfortunate that it has happened now after we have purchased very expensive toys....but
the market will recover...beware of the inflationary monster in 2-3 years...
it will happen.
but....we own one of the best wonderful supercars ever built.
that's what this is all about.
If you bought this car as a commodity....well....you also accepted the downside risk.
All I can say is....I am so looking forward to spring when I can unleash my shiny atlas grey metallic friend.
cheers
j
Old 01-16-2009, 02:55 PM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

On Audi depreciation.....I have a friend who paid $93K for an 08 Audi S6 (V10) 7 months ago and was just offerd $53K by the selling dealer for trade in!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:58 PM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Just turned 10K today and i've loved every darn depreciating penny of it
Old 01-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

I have 3 deals going and hope to join the TT club very soon. Most (not all) dealers are pretty aggressive on 07 and 08's. Maybe next week....
Old 01-24-2009, 01:59 AM
Porscheholic
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Bob in NY - if you don't mind please let us know what kind of deal you end up getting - you can PM me if that is preferable. I'll also be in the market for an '07 or '08 soon.

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2009, 01:08 AM
whyb2nd
Burning Brakes

curious what a 5k mile 07 would sell for today in this mess

Quick Reply: FS: 2007 Turbo - 10k Miles - $92k