Sponsored by:

Discount on 09 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Billy Bob Dibble
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discount on 09 Turbo

So...I am looking at a lightly optioned 911 Turbo Coupe currently on the lot. Any idea what I should be shooting for in terms of a discount? I don't need to get the absolutely best deal, but after seeing an 08 Turbo Cabs for 20k off I should probably get something more than 1-2K off an 09.

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 925 Likes on 559 Posts

I would start with what it will be worth the minute you drive it off the lot. Say $15K off if you don't mind being laughed out of the store. The customer who can afford and want a TT is getting more rare.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Porscheholic
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I would also extend my search across the entire U.S. ( if that is where you are) - you can always have the car shipped to you.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

$8-10K is very much in the realm of possibility.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:36 PM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

billy bob-i think it depends on how much effort that you put into it and how particular you are on how the car is equipt. i searched the net in august looking for my 09 and i spoke with almost every dealer who had unsold 09 turbos in the eastern united states, as far west as the miss. river. i was able to get one very close to where i leave in nj for 5 grand off, so i took that deal. obviously, the market has changed alot during the last few months, so you could do a lot better than i did. but, i was able to find some dealers in august who were ready to do better than 5 grand off-i just had to either ship the car or drive it home. for example, there is a dealer in greensboro n.c. who has a racing green turbo that is lightly equipt who i am pretty sure will give you a bunch off that car-you just have to be happy with a green turbo. he took pictures of it and it is on his web site-he wanted to give me 7 grand off when things were good-i just didn't want a green car. there are also a bunch of dealers who have cars that were not picked up by the people who ordered them. so to answer your question, it depends how hard you work for it. i would try the local dealers-see if they have stock and look for a good discount-i personally would be very happy with 8 grand off locally without much work. if you get on the net and work it, i am sure that you could do better-it just depends on the effort that you want to put out and the difficulty that you will tolerate to pick it up.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:57 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Billy, are you ready to pull the trigger? According to you last post - you seemed conflicted about that. Are you ready?
Old 12-08-2008, 01:02 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Billy, are you ready to pull the trigger? According to you last post - you seemed conflicted about that. Are you ready?

stoppie-i am interested-what do you think about my assessment of the price to be paid on an 09 turbo? i would be interested what you think, as you obviously have a lot of insight into that issue.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:55 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I think 5-8k off is very realistic.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:52 AM
RSA333
Racer

Since 'Likemystoppie?' is a sales manager at a Porsche dealership, he probably has the most educated answer. I might add however, that there is significant regional and dealer-to-dealer variation in discounts and customer support. For example, I would say that the 'beltway bandit' dealers around the DC area are not prone to either. However, these days its anbody's guess about price.

Go nationwide, even if you have to have the car shipped to you it's only about $2K.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Originally Posted by RSA333
For example, I would say that the 'beltway bandit' dealers around the DC area are not prone to either. However, these days its anbody's guess about price.
This is so true. I've bought 3 cars in the last 2 years from HBL in Tysons Corner. So I gave them first dibs on selling me a new 997. After mentioning the substantial discount Mr. Stoppie was williing to give me, they wouldn't budge. Ridiculous. When the time comes, I'll be giving Mr. Sanner (aka Stoppie) a call in Ohio...
Old 12-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by docjackson1
stoppie-i am interested-what do you think about my assessment of the price to be paid on an 09 turbo? i would be interested what you think, as you obviously have a lot of insight into that issue.
It honestly depends. There just are not that many Turbo Coupes compared to the Cabriolets.

If it's on the lot? For a deal now? Anywhere from 5-8% off??

Who knows. I'm sure if I had a coupe I'd get aggressive; but keep in mind- PCNA announced how many cars they're allocating dealers for the months of January - May 2009.

It ain't a lot. Knowing that means the dealer must be smart. And not freak out. The good ones know that the Porsche economy will see an up-tick in business at the end of Q1 and begining of Q2.

However, if you see or feel a dealer freaking out- GO take advantage of it. You'll thank me come spring time.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
This is so true. I've bought 3 cars in the last 2 years from HBL in Tysons Corner. So I gave them first dibs on selling me a new 997. After mentioning the substantial discount Mr. Stoppie was williing to give me, they wouldn't budge. Ridiculous. When the time comes, I'll be giving Mr. Sanner (aka Stoppie) a call in Ohio...
I'm going to put you into a car yet!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Yes, you will... maybe sooner than later.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:59 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Yes, you will... maybe sooner than later.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:16 AM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Ha ha - I am waiting on a job offer in the UAE. If that happens, it'll be later... If I stick around, I'll be ordering a car in the spring. Sanner knows to be patient. LOL

Quick Reply: Discount on 09 Turbo