Sponsored by:

TT cab problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

Adding the PCCBs is not that easy. There is a lot going on there. Glad to hear they're making it right. Some degree of adjustment has to be made to the entire system to account for the change in handling and braking due to the ceramics. Even the front bearings have to be changed out.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:40 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

I decided against adding the PCCBs...I am picking up the car when I return from NY. They are painting the wheels black, tinting the windows, and adding the powdercoated fabspeed tips. The car is black/black with alot of carbon trim.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:38 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

So it sounds like you got some serious "consideration" for their error. Enjoy that bad boy.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:37 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 161 Posts

Mine does not have PCCB's I guess it's a neat option but IMHO does not add a lot of value for street use.
I order my F430 without them as well for the same reason.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:54 PM
richk
Drifting

I am really enjoying my TT cab...I put on HRE P40's(matte black) yesterday. I thinking about selling my CLK63 black seres because I am going to use the TT cab as a daily driver.

I am lucky man...TT cab from Monday to Friday and my RS for thee weekends.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:39 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
The dealer admitted they ****ed up the order. I am pushing for a bigger discount on the car.

I am glad that you are sorting this out....
BUT I (personally think, please no offence...) I would never ask for discount...

to me a discount would mean to SAVE some $$$ in the end...
or in other words the opportunity to them to "buy" their mistake...
It is not working like that...

in the end (at least now your car is being sorted ouy) your could have been the same (i.e. without PCCB) and you with some extra $$$ in your pocket.
NEVER man...NEVER.....

discount is for other people...not our familly...

their biggest prob would be bad their reputation...SUCH as a very nice post in these forums with complaints...THAT would be the best way to deal with the prob....

anyway...

again I am v.happy for you that your car has now PCCBs

harris
Old 08-18-2008, 11:26 AM
richk
Drifting

The dealership offered the discount because they messed up the order. The car had a MSRP of 150K and they offered a 2% discount so we are not talking about alot of money. I am a big fan of the PCCB's and they were an option I really wanted on the car plus I ordered yellow dials to match the yellow calipers.

The bottom line is the dealership screwed up and they offered a small discount to ensure that I would take the car. I thought about passing on the car but I appreciated the discount and I took the car.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by sparkhill
I guess they did not give you a print-out of your Pro Forma Invoice with your reference number, VIN, etc. Seems like that ought to be standard operating procedure.

Regardless, I am sorry to hear you bad news. I guess PCCB is one of the best options to leave off though. It can easily be retrofit. What if they would have left Sports Chrono or one of you other important option off?
How do you order a $150k car and NOT get a print out of the Pro Forma....

yikes....
Old 08-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

The dealership offered the discount because they messed up the order. The car had a MSRP of 150K and they offered a 2% discount so we are not talking about alot of money. I am a big fan of the PCCB's and they were an option I really wanted on the car plus I ordered yellow dials to match the yellow calipers.

The bottom line is the dealership screwed up and they offered a small discount to ensure that I would take the car. I thought about passing on the car but I appreciated the discount and I took the car.
Where's the pix!! Share with the gang!!
Old 08-18-2008, 06:26 PM
harris
Burning Brakes

this is what I am talking about...
of course the discount should start from their side...
but again (again PERSONALLY ---no offence---) I would never accept any discount....

you said...: I thought about passing on the car but I appreciated the discount and I took the car....

why you should appreciate a discount???

in other words they were trying to "buy" somehow your opinion about the car...or to "cover" their mistake.....

anyway...again ( I am sorry If I am offending you --- not my type at all)

I am writting the discounts are not for me!!!

harris

do you have PCCBs now on the car???

any pics?
Old 08-19-2008, 01:58 AM
richk
Drifting

They offered the discount...I didn't ask for it. When I ordered the car I went on the Porsche website spec'd the car exactly as I wanted, printed it out and faxed it to the dealership. I then had a conversation with the dealership about all the options on the car. In hindsight I should have asked for the proforma!!!

As you can see from the pics...I didn't add the PCCB's to my turbo cab(my trrack beast does have them)
Attached Images   
Old 08-19-2008, 11:45 AM
richk
Drifting

Also, the turbo cab now has HRE P40's matte black...I will post some good pics when I get back from vacation.

Quick Reply: TT cab problem